Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (35 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Look at the death toll and the cases in intensive care. The USA has 70% of Europe's deaths per day and almost the same number of cases in intensive care as Europe, but at the same time one-third of the infections per day? Nah, this seems fishy.
USA tests broadly but what is the quality of the tests and the results from which tests are published? Abbott's test is particulary sketchy and does not seem very accurate but is widely used in USA.
Age could perhaps be a contributing factor, average age of Americans is about 5 years less than the EU.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_median_age

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Makes me wonder how correct our isolation duration is in the UK. I was told I had to isolate for 10 days but I did about 16 days before I went outside.

I know the virus is most contagious in the first few days when carrying, but there is a reason why players cannot play when positive.
How you doing btw?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How you doing btw?
All the bad shit is gone now, just got an annoying cough.

Both my parents caught it as well but they seem OK now. I saw them 3-4 times in the early stages when it just seemed like a regular cold. I was worried about my dad as he had pneumonia in the past year that hospitalised him, but the only issue he has now is that he's in agony because he's badly strained an intercostal muscle from coughing lol.

My advice would be if you're living somewhere with a moderate or more risk and you have what seem like cold or flu symptoms, don't go near people you care about, and definitely not those at high risk, for those first 3-5 days, and then just see how it develops. You can tell that something is different from a cold etc by then, and mine was the loss of smell and pain behind my eyes that I never have.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
All the bad shit is gone now, just got an annoying cough.

Both my parents caught it as well but they seem OK now. I saw them 3-4 times in the early stages when it just seemed like a regular cold. I was worried about my dad as he had pneumonia in the past year that hospitalised him, but the only issue he has now is that he's in agony because he's badly strained an intercostal muscle from coughing lol.

My advice would be if you're living somewhere with a moderate or more risk and you have what seem like cold or flu symptoms, don't go near people you care about, and definitely not those at high risk, for those first 3-5 days, and then just see how it develops. You can tell that something is different from a cold etc by then, and mine was the loss of smell and pain behind my eyes that I never have.
Glad to hear that you’re doing better. Scary stuff.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
My mom was tested positive on Monday last week, had a mild fever and felt tired for 3 or 4 days. On Saturday she was already taking care of some garden work. My dad and my brother live in the same house and none of them had any symptoms so far.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why the United States? We test quite a lot.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

China is definitely a lie though. 20 new cases :howler:
It still stuns me how Westerners are completely ignorant of Asian past experience with pandemics and their present experience with this pandemic.

Take Taiwan. They have been "post-pandemic" for months now with virtually no locally transmitted cases, Taipei has hosted musical concerts of 10,000 people, pro baseball has had full stadiums for months, etc.

Meanwhile, you get the US saying, "We give up trying to control this thing." And Westerners simply presume it's impossible and anybody who says otherwise is lying or making fake news. Asians have been readily wearing masks since SARS in 2003, but Westerners still argue that they don't do anything and are made to emasculate fearful people.

How much willful ignorance does a society need about this?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It still stuns me how Westerners are completely ignorant of Asian past experience with pandemics and their present experience with this pandemic.

Take Taiwan. They have been "post-pandemic" for months now with virtually no locally transmitted cases, Taipei has hosted musical concerts of 10,000 people, pro baseball has had full stadiums for months, etc.

Meanwhile, you get the US saying, "We give up trying to control this thing." And Westerners simply presume it's impossible and anybody who says otherwise is lying or making fake news. Asians have been readily wearing masks since SARS in 2003, but Westerners still argue that they don't do anything and are made to emasculate fearful people.

How much willful ignorance does a society need about this?
Taiwan is a silly example just like new Zealand, an island in the middle of nowhere that restricted travel very early.
The country that is a resounding success is Sweden, but you won't mention it because it proves all of you wrong.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
There's absolutely no reason to call Sweden a succes so far. Death rates are almost 10 times higher compared to its neighbouring countries and the economy shrunk equally like most Western European countries while they imposed no lockdown.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)