Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (54 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
More testing is done, of course reported case numbers are higher than in spring but it's not far fetched to assume that real spring numbers were higher than current real numbers.
More tests are peobably availavle but we don't do much more. But % of infected is all that matters. Over here it used to be 3-4% of tested I think but now appears to be 9-10%. Our peak in the first wave was around 550 per day but now in this wave at thw beginning we have 750. At this rate we'd fill the hospitals easily, especially if it goes above 1k.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Peer reviewed publication by John P Ioannidis, physician-scientist and professor at Stanford University, estimating global IFR at 0.23% based on 61 seroprevalence studdies.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/en, blt20.265892
@s4tch already posted this one. It also says that in places with >500 deaths/million (US, UK, Italy, Spain, Belgium, France, Sweden, all of South America, etc) IFR is 0.57%. :boh:

Sounds like places that shut it down and didn’t let it go wild in the population have low IFRs. But those who let it run wild and get into vulnerable groups have a high IFR.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I thought we had it bad but just looked at the numbers in Belgium. They have currently 17K cases per day on a population of just 11 million. Even the situation in Czechia isn't is as bad.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I thought we had it bad but just looked at the numbers in Belgium. They have currently 17K cases per day on a population of just 11 million. Even the situation in Czechia isn't is as bad.
They also have 925 dead/million already which puts them only behind Peru in that regard. But even with that death toll the pandemic shows no signs of slowing down there. :scared:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
With the numbers coming out of Europe, I am really sceptical about the stats coming out of USA, India, Brasil end especially China. The real number of Covid cases per day is most probably in the hundreds of thousands in the first three countries and China is a black hole.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
For 2 weeks, bars and cafes have been completely closed, and restaurants are allowed to open until 9 p.m. Yesterday They just extended the curfew to other departements, then afterwards they will lower the curfew to 7pm, then I feel that it will be confinement again.

In my company all the people who have kids are going to go crazy if they have to handle their kids again and do their job, physically they have been affected.
That's why you throw a PS4 at your kids to give them something better to do than nag you all the time.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
With the numbers coming out of Europe, I am really sceptical about the stats coming out of USA, India, Brasil end especially China. The real number of Covid cases per day is most probably in the hundreds of thousands in the first three countries and China is a black hole.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
Why the United States? We test quite a lot.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

China is definitely a lie though. 20 new cases :howler:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Why the United States? We test quite a lot.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

China is definitely a lie though. 20 new cases :howler:
Look at the death toll and the cases in intensive care. The USA has 70% of Europe's deaths per day and almost the same number of cases in intensive care as Europe, but at the same time one-third of the infections per day? Nah, this seems fishy.
USA tests broadly but what is the quality of the tests and the results from which tests are published? Abbott's test is particulary sketchy and does not seem very accurate but is widely used in USA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)