Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (32 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For everyone who thinks banning wet markets (which are technically Chinese farmers markets, and not the equivalent of wildlife markets as is often presumed) is the solution to animals+human proximity causing zoonotic diseases...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I just heard on tv how WHO states that this is only the beginning. Corona keeps spreading in countries where its hot and second wave is said to come right after the summer.

Thinking about it seems quite insane. I highly doubt countries would give help in the second wave so unemployment rate can only get higher. But I wonder if people are gonna riot.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I just heard on tv how WHO states that this is only the beginning. Corona keeps spreading in countries where its hot and second wave is said to come right after the summer.

Thinking about it seems quite insane. I highly doubt countries would give help in the second wave so unemployment rate can only get higher. But I wonder if people are gonna riot.
It's not the 1918 flu, but that came in waves and sucker-punched the people who celebrated prematurely of their victories over the first wave

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not the 1918 flu, but that came in waves and sucker-punched the people who celebrated prematurely of their victories over the first wave
Maybe not as lethal, or far from it, but imo second wave of corona is inevitable at this point. It might be only a matter of time. It may come come in September or earlier in some countries.

But I think the consequences are gonna be quite scary come second wave. The idea itself of governments stepping back (at least in some countries) and not helping companies will lead to massive unemployment. But it's not just that, imagine another state of emergency which locks people to their home, not being able to find a new job in most of the cases. You can't even feed the family (or yourself), which is gonna piss people off, especially if second wave is gonna last as much as this one, if not more. It just seems like a big wave of fear coming which can only get the worst out of people. The cure surely won't pop up out of nowhere, so yeah, people shouldn't celebrate too much once this "finishes".

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

WHOs coffers are empty, only one way to stay relevant and like desperate priests beg for charity through the promise of imminent doom

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
WHO just sucks dicks. The way they handled the situation is pretty horrible. But I do think we're gonna see a second way, probably come September.
For sure. People here treat it like it's already over, when the only thing that stopped it from spreading were the regulations. Guess what happens when they get lifted so people can go shopping again.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
For sure. People here treat it like it's already over, when the only thing that stopped it from spreading were the regulations. Guess what happens when they get lifted so people can go shopping again.
Yeah. Everyone will forget that this shit started because one guy came infected. The scale of spreading can only be bigger in the second wave.

But still, I can't blame people much. It's been months since we're in this shit. People have to work and that alone is enough for another shit scenario. It's unavoidable. I think we're gonna see some restrictions stick around, like masks, but we're already seeing coffee shops, bars, gyms and everything small-ish being opened.

It's rather impossible to have these restrictions for two more months, let alone have it until vaccines come in a year or two. But it's just stupid how even politicians say "ok, we're done with this come summer, we're gonna see exponential grown and in 2021 we're gonna fart rainbows" while in reality we're gonna have a second wave and probably even worse economic disaster.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Most disappointed person of the day must be the guy in the background, wearing a hazmat suit and holding a "covid is a lie" sign.
After dedicating so much thought to his gear, he probably believed the "dumbest fuckwit" award was already his.
seriously why do americans do this shit? braindead? media brainwashed or what? simply stupid?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah. Everyone will forget that this shit started because one guy came infected. The scale of spreading can only be bigger in the second wave.

But still, I can't blame people much. It's been months since we're in this shit. People have to work and that alone is enough for another shit scenario. It's unavoidable. I think we're gonna see some restrictions stick around, like masks, but we're already seeing coffee shops, bars, gyms and everything small-ish being opened.

It's rather impossible to have these restrictions for two more months, let alone have it until vaccines come in a year or two. But it's just stupid how even politicians say "ok, we're done with this come summer, we're gonna see exponential grown and in 2021 we're gonna fart rainbows" while in reality we're gonna have a second wave and probably even worse economic disaster.
Well governments will have used this time to invest in testing and tracing measures that allow them to easily and expeditiously quarantine only the infected and those in contact with them so as to have a little an economic effect going forward.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well governments will have used this time to invest in testing and tracing measures that allow them to easily and expeditiously quarantine only the infected and those in contact with them so as to have a little an economic effect going forward.
Testing that's still not accurate? Tracing measures won't do shit if it spreads in a high density area. Either way, plenty of countries struggle and will struggle with respirators. Also, separating elderly is not that easy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No.

Ending lockdowns in Europe right now is stupid. There's no scientific evidence to back it up. In fact virologists are coming out and saying it's stupid.

I was against installing it in the first place, but nothing has changed to end them now.

We're just bullshitting our way through this with no plan.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)