Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (180 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No.

Ending lockdowns in Europe right now is stupid. There's no scientific evidence to back it up. In fact virologists are coming out and saying it's stupid.

I was against installing it in the first place, but nothing has changed to end them now.

We're just bullshitting our way through this with no plan.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
I agree 100%.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Well governments will have used this time to invest in testing and tracing measures that allow them to easily and expeditiously quarantine only the infected and those in contact with them so as to have a little an economic effect going forward.
Plus they're going for herd immunity (you have to with this thing lasting for 18 months) while making sure it won't overwhelm hospitals (again, obvious).

Continual easing and restrictions over time with more easing gradually as antigen and antibody testing and contact tracing capabilities improve.

I'd think above is old/obvious news but you still have confused proponents of mass harakiri.

- - - Updated - - -

And guess what? The WHOs guess is just as good as yours or anybody else's, the difference is you don't get the media exposure to spread fear and panic
Did you hear that on America Uncovered or China Uncensored?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, above is true for developed countries. In some developing nations with very little healthcare cap and majority buying food with what they earned that day, the Seven Strategy may be the only option. Race against time for them...start of disease spread vs mass distribution of cheap tests & therapeutics.

Embrace yourself for some horror stories from Africa and Asia. Italy was nothing.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Plus they're going for herd immunity (you have to with this thing lasting for 18 months) while making sure it won't overwhelm hospitals (again, obvious).

Continual easing and restrictions over time with more easing gradually as antigen and antibody testing and contact tracing capabilities improve.

I'd think above is old/obvious news but you still have confused proponents of mass harakiri.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you hear that on America Uncovered or China Uncensored?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, above is true for developed countries. In some developing nations with very little healthcare cap and majority buying food with what they earned that day, the Seven Strategy may be the only option. Race against time for them...start of disease spread vs mass distribution of cheap tests & therapeutics.

Embrace yourself for some horror stories from Africa and Asia. Italy was nothing.
Hear? I went to the same virology program as bill gates, their de facto policy maker.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No.

Ending lockdowns in Europe right now is stupid. There's no scientific evidence to back it up. In fact virologists are coming out and saying it's stupid.

I was against installing it in the first place, but nothing has changed to end them now.

:lol: obviously. I don’t know of anywhere in Europe or the US that’s done those things.

I’m not for coming out of lockdown in most scenarios but I think it’s possible in some less hit areas. Looks like we are opening back up in the next couple of weeks and a big part of me thinks it’s a bad idea, but with local news asking viewers “if they know anyone sick” O kind of want to see what happens.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No.

there might be:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...in-70-days-no-matter-tackle-claims-professor/
https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-e...wth-the-decline-in-the-spread-of-coronavirus/

no peer reviews, i find the argumentation lacking, didn't find it in scientific databases i have access to (ebsco, science direct, scopus, jstor, etc; i checked a few), so take it with a pinch of salt.

btw agreed on your post, probably the first time in this thread. the european policy looks completely random and inconsistent for me too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
there might be:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...in-70-days-no-matter-tackle-claims-professor/
https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-e...wth-the-decline-in-the-spread-of-coronavirus/

no peer reviews, i find the argumentation lacking, didn't find it in scientific databases i have access to (ebsco, science direct, scopus, jstor, etc; i checked a few), so take it with a pinch of salt.

btw agreed on your post, probably the first time in this thread. the european policy looks completely random and inconsistent for me too.
If that dude is correct, my response would be the correct one: the lockdowns helped no one.

Regardless, now that we did choose to implement them, we should do so until we know for a fact it is safe to end them. We don't.

What happens if we go out now and a second, bigger wave hits? We'd get mass paronoia and fear.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
A view from Stockholm about coping with the covid-19 pandemic. I reside about 20 minutes from the city centre by public transport. My place of work is situated at the city centre. We have very mild restrictions compared to other countries. Schools for kids in primary level are open. Most businesses are open but have guidelines to follow. I've been working from home since 12th march. We have been given guidelines by the public health agency of Sweden. Avoid unnecessary commutes, gatherings of more than 50 people, wash your hands stay at home if you have any symptoms of a cold. Wait 48 hours after you feel better before you resume your duties.
Personally I've not had any symptoms but I have avoided commuting as much as I can. I can do all my shopping by walking. At the supermarket we keep a respectable distance from one another same as at restaurants and everywhere I go. A lot of people do this because it's the only way to reduce the burden for the health system. We get daily briefings from the public health agency on the pandemic (number of deaths, ICU available etc). There's been a lot of debate about going full lockdown but personally I think it's way too complicated. Go full lockdown and save lives temporarily but create a lot of issues with a collapsed economy and a probable 2nd, 3rd wave and the deaths will follow. Don't go full lockdown and don't hit the economy too hard and people will die in the interim but recovery will be faster. Add to the equation the health status of different countries with some having a large percentage of the population in the risk zone then it becomes even more complex.
The only thing that we all want is for this horrible pandemic to end.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If that dude is correct, my response would be the correct one: the lockdowns helped no one.
i don't think that's a right conclusion to this article/study/speculation. even if he's correct and the study is legit (and it's a huge IF), i think you can still minimize your death count with some sort of lockdown. i mean if you let the virus loose, it'll kill many more people in those 70 days than in a lockdown before disappearing. also, the data for this study is simply insufficient, since there's no scientific evidence on potential second waves at first place. we'll see in a couple of months whether the virus returns after the end of the first wave.

i think many agree that some kind of lockdowns and restrictions were unavoidable just to keep the medical system working. the extent of the lockdowns is an endless debate even between virologists and epidemiologists. i think south korean daily cases graph should settle it for a while, but it's just an uneducated guess since i'm neither a virologist nor an epidemiologist:

Clipboard01.png

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
there might be:

A truckload of salt you mean? :grin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)