Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (35 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree: most of the Muricans I meet are pretty cool - friendly and smart. They're great singly or in couples, in groups is when they get loud and annoying.

Europeans are just boring snobs.
I’d say it’s an age thing too a lot of the time with Americans. Most young-ish American tourists are fine and dandy. It’s the large tourist groups of middle age and older Americans that are often pretty ignorant, obnoxious, and loud.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’d say it’s an age thing too a lot of the time with Americans. Most young-ish American tourists are fine and dandy. It’s the large tourist groups of middle age and older Americans that are often pretty ignorant, obnoxious, and loud.
you can say it, they’re called boomers

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fact, I been to resorts in Greece, Spain, Egypt etc where they deliberately seperate the russians from other tourists, because they are that insufferably obnoxious around other nationals.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what people would think of americans due to popular culture negative stereotypes from tv/movies, but your view of them would change in instant if you meet enough of them in person. Which you clearly sound like you havent.
Russians are the worst tourists. It's a known fact; they admit so themselves.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Their rudeness, or, as they see it - honesty - is a carry-over from the Soviet era.
They think that if they're somewhere temporarily nothing matters and they dont have to pretent to be nice or take care of things (hotel room items etc).

It's due to being generally uncultured IMO. Being cultured and well mannered is not very valued in Russian society, they see it as a weakness or smth.

Just my impression.

PS + they're pretty much wasted the entire time there.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
They think that if they're somewhere temporarily nothing matters and they dont have to pretent to be nice or take care of things (hotel room items etc).

It's due to being generally uncultured IMO. Being cultured and well mannered is not very valued in Russian society, they see it as a weakness or smth.

Just my impression.

PS + they're pretty much wasted the entire time there.
We’ve seen different from @Juventino[RUS] who is very cultured.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
That doesn't come as a surprise. In the US you are expected to tip the workers, as it makes up a huge chunk of their otherwise too low salary.

In Europe restaurant workers are getting paid by their employers (as it is supposed to be). They are not dependant on getting tipped, hence why tipping isn't a common thing to do here. Maybe round up from 19€ to 20€ for example, but not much more. No one epects you to tip in german restaurants.
American business owners have found a way to make customers pay a part of their employees salaries. Another burden on the average Joe, while owners keep maximizing their profits, if the business is profitable that is.
Can you refuse to tip in the states?
Also if you want a big tip in Europe the services you provide have to be spot extremely good.
If not as @DAiDEViL said you would be lucky if you get a round up.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
sounds like that’s just a reason to make the numbers seem lower. And greed obviously.

That’s Philly in the pic btw :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

where’s Zach when you need him
Damn I would like to visit Philly. I guess it's not gonna happen any time soon though. :moan:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Why do you people always look like you're 30 when you're actually 18? You guys always have beards and wrinkles and all.. it's weird. I would be 15 in the States.
Brief exposures to extreme heat and cold is one of the things that positively affect mitochondrial biogenesis and longevity.

No loyly (which is also great for skin) culture in Murica.

- - - Updated - - -

Gen x are idiots. Y and oldies are cool.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Italy's situation is really baffling. Under lockdown for close to a month but still thousands of infected every day. The transmission has barely slowed down ...

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Brief exposures to extreme heat and cold is one of the things that positively affect mitochondrial biogenesis and longevity.

No loyly (which is also great for skin) culture in Murica.

- - - Updated - - -

Gen x are idiots. Y and oldies are cool.
:think: Could be true, can't really argue.

Y generation is of course the best. :agree:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Can't have a bad economy in an election year and can't make a case for reopening the economy if the covid numbers are high.

Within 1-2 weeks, once the official numbers drop due to lack of testing, watch out for Trump to take credit for it and start making a case for getting things back to normal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Italy's numbers aren't necessarily bad.

They are doing a shitload more testing than before, so the number of posiitives will go up.

But, if today is like yesterday, the percentage of positive tests will still be going down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)