Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (45 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Brazil would be a dangerous spot for sure... Bolsonaro is really stubborn and neglected about it and it looks like is gonna be a thousands life gamble that his making without any seconnd thought about it

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
@GordoDeCentral @Ronn I've always wondered how come scientists and intellectuals aren't heard more usually in the US
Intellectuals? I think american culture is a get it done culture, you want talkers go to france, and even if "intellectual" discussion is engaged it is all about data and numbers. Our heroes are steve jobs not camus or foucault.
As for scientists, i disagree, experts are always engaged for feedback, the thing though science so to speak is also about politics, money, amd lobbying.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Brazil would be a dangerous spot for sure... Bolsonaro is really stubborn and neglected about it and it looks like is gonna be a thousands life gamble that his making without any seconnd thought about it
Everybody’s against him at this point even the vice-president who’s an ignorant military nut. You know what he said? “I am the president, not him.”

Also the thing about Brazil is that it has an amazing free healthcare system on paper but only on paper. In reality when somebody goes to a public hospital they’ll be in a waiting line forever if they ever get seen by a doctor. And that’s just a normal day over there.

Now, there have already been cases of people who were later found out to be positive and died waiting to be cared for at those hospitals and it’s only the beginning.

That combination couldn’t be worse. Brazil has every chance and most likely will top everybody else once the shit hits the fan.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
People is acting like if China start to be the factory of the entire world cuz they force us and not because we love our low effort-huge benefit way of life.

We can go over manufacturing and workers conditions for decades over there all you want but at the end we all love low cost Chinese products and all our companies did the same.

The virus started there and not matter what theory did you want to believe about that or how they treated the situation. Western countries did know all about the virus and our leaders decided to look for a balance life-economy. At first glance it doesn't look such a bad idea after death numbers exchange for real corpses.

Now we want to create some cheap narratives about it to try to feel better about us. IMHO it was a mistake but honestly it wasn't a easy call for anyone involve.

What its more shocking for me is how terrible are all our countries executing, meanwhile our health workers conditions are so bad that it's really hard to believe. In addition, all those western world "experts" who were still comparing this with a flu at the end of february, right now I really hate all of them, with all my heart

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody’s against him at this point even the vice-president who’s an ignorant military nut. You know what he said? “I am the president, not him.”

Also the thing about Brazil is that it has an amazing free healthcare system on paper but only on paper. In reality when somebody goes to a public hospital they’ll be in a waiting line forever if they ever get seen by a doctor. And that’s just a normal day over there.

Now, there have already been cases of people who were later found out to be positive and died waiting to be cared for at those hospitals and it’s only the beginning.

That combination couldn’t be worse. Brazil has every chance and most likely will top everybody else once the shit hits the fan.
I've been in three different cities in Brazil in different moments and every time it was the same. They were some health care workers strike on tv

I honestly believe that if Bolsonaro keep with this posture he would be out of office in a really short time from one way or other

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Intellectuals? I think american culture is a get it done culture, you want talkers go to france, and even if "intellectual" discussion is engaged it is all about data and numbers. Our heroes are steve jobs not camus or foucault.
As for scientists, i disagree, experts are always engaged for feedback, the thing though science so to speak is also about politics, money, amd lobbying.
France might be the other extreme and not in a good way, true. Some good points thank you.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
@GordoDeCentral @Ronn I've always wondered how come scientists and intellectuals aren't heard more usually in the US
American culture, in my opinion, is very practical, so you are likely to see a different type of intellectuals here. As for scientists outside of this current administration they are usually listened to.

- - - Updated - - -

7681 new cases in NY, and 209 more deaths. The only good news was the reduction of ICU admissions.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Once Italy reports numbers for the day, looking like there will be over 30k dead from this.

US numbers are starting to get that scary spike now. 10am on the west coast and already 182 dead today. Serious/critical up to almost 2700. :scared:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,816
    Once Italy reports numbers for the day, looking like there will be over 30k dead from this.

US numbers are starting to get that scary spike now. 10am on the west coast and already 182 dead today. Serious/critical up to almost 2700. :scared:
    Absolutely horrifying. It's just not slowing down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Tri-State Quarantine in the works? Getting a bit late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)