Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (22 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Apparently he has quite mild symptoms thus far.

This is the scary and confusing thing about the virus, to me, how it seems to affect some people really badly, regardless of age (there have been healthy people, even sportsmen who have had their asses kicked by this), and then there are others who it appears as like a sniffle or sort throat to. This include people over 60 or 70.

Either there are two (or more) forms of the virus, or there is something in the way the immune system reacts to the virus that differs between people. Could it be linked to autoimmune diseases that in some case people don't even know they have?
Isn't that always the case? The same disease/virus leading to different consequences for different people, I mean.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, I have a diabetes too and mild hypertension, yet I'm still working full eight hour shift every day. My employer doesn't plan to close anytime soon or at least to reduce number of workers, we are acting like nothing is happening. Only difference is we have masks (but not enough) and disinfects aaaand this is important we have few printed pictures and warnings how to behave during COVID-19 outbreak.

Luckily here is not pandemic state, but TBH I think that's mostly because it's almost impossible to get tested we do like 100 tests a day tops...

I upped my food intake and bought some supplements to try to minimize danger, but I'm thinking to either quit my job or ask for a sick leave...
@CrimsonianKing

Hey brothers. I too have diabetes. Among other underlying issues. I get scared too. The only good thing about all of this is that I work from home, so aside from going out to get food and supplies, I'm not as exposed to the elements as some others. But the part that really frightens me is that my wife is now working from home as of 2 weeks ago, and my 4 year old has been home for the past couple of weeks, and with me leaving the house several times a week, I'm not doing anyone any favors.

Common sense says that I SHOULDN'T be the one that goes out to do the shopping for things we need, and dropping my son off to his grandparents a few days a week, but I can't bear the thought of putting my wife at risk. If it has to be one of us that gets sick, or worse, then I would much rather it be me.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
@CrimsonianKing

Hey brothers. I too have diabetes. Among other underlying issues. I get scared too. The only good thing about all of this is that I work from home, so aside from going out to get food and supplies, I'm not as exposed to the elements as some others. But the part that really frightens me is that my wife is now working from home as of 2 weeks ago, and my 4 year old has been home for the past couple of weeks, and with me leaving the house several times a week, I'm not doing anyone any favors.

Common sense says that I SHOULDN'T be the one that goes out to do the shopping for things we need, and dropping my son off to his grandparents a few days a week, but I can't bear the thought of putting my wife at risk. If it has to be one of us that gets sick, or worse, then I would much rather it be me.
In the best of worlds neither you or your wife should get out. If you have a friend in good health consider asking him to do the groceries and then compensating him if needs be

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
other than the terrible math at the end, it was quite a practical rant. in hungary, there was a shortage in antiseptic liquids, so one of the biggest companies of the country (mol: https://mol.hu/en/about-mol/who-we-are/who-we-are-2/ ) already transformed one of their lubricant factories to manufacture disinfectant liquids, and they already started to directly supply hungarian hospitals. it only took them 2 weeks to completely change the profile of that factory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)