Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (67 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's only a matter of time before it's brought into my home as my Dad and brother are considered essential workers, as they work for the city and state. Two people were brought out of my brother's work location in an ambulance today. I really hope none of us have to be hospitalized, though that seems highly unlikely. Federal incompetence could directly result in my death or the death of my immediate family members.
My employer does some work for healthcare companies so we've been deemed a necessary business too. I am able to work remotely but all the folks who aren't are supposed to go back into the office tomorrow. That's over 400 people (many of whom live in Santa Clara county) about to be put together again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What do you do? If you've been working from home this whole time, I fail to see why you would HAVE TO change that.
I’m an Engineer. My company has some defense contracts too, which are deemed essential. They sent almost everyone home though. Only one or two contracts which are behind need office presence. I’ll be covering for a guy who will be in paternity leave soon. Good thing is, it’s almost without any interaction with anybody.
Just got the word I have to be there tomorrow.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My employer does some work for healthcare companies so we've been deemed a necessary business too. I am able to work remotely but all the folks who aren't are supposed to go back into the office tomorrow. That's over 400 people (many of whom live in Santa Clara county) about to be put together again.
So fucking stupid. Lacks all logic.
I’m an Engineer. My company has some defense contracts too, which are deemed essential. They sent almost everyone home though. Only one or two contracts which are behind need office presence. I’ll be covering for a guy who will be in paternity leave soon. Good thing is, it’s almost without any interaction with anybody.
Just got the word I have to be there tomorrow.
At least no one will be there. Still, I wouldn't go around touching anything.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Dunno if I missed it but what was the number of infected in the US in the last 24h?
4790 for NY. Total 25665 cases and 210 deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

So fucking stupid. Lacks all logic.

At least no one will be there. Still, I wouldn't go around touching anything.
I’ll wear gloves and sanitize with alcohol often. The entire office will be sanitized 3 times a day too.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It's only a matter of time before it's brought into my home as my Dad and brother are considered essential workers, as they work for the city and state. Two people were brought out of my brother's work location in an ambulance today. I really hope none of us have to be hospitalized, though that seems highly unlikely. Federal incompetence could directly result in my death or the death of my immediate family members.
Be strong brother, we’re on the same boat. Any of you immune compromised?As you well enough my wife is a nurse and I fall under the high risk category because of diabetes so It literally looks like a quarantine site here. We closed off one side of the house which is the one she’ll be staying in and I’m isolated to the other. If that’s a possibility at your place do the same.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Those numbers just don't add up. And that is the central part of the problem. That's the reason behind the shortage for ventilators - Cuomo told the mighty American Industrial Complex to make him 26K ventilators and they had them produced overnight. But then it turned out he really needed 29.6K. Those 3.6K deaths are on him.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Be strong brother, we’re on the same boat. Any of you immune compromised?As you well enough my wife is a nurse and I fall under the high risk category because of diabetes so It literally looks like a quarantine site here. We closed off one side of the house which is the one she’ll be staying in and I’m isolated to the other. If that’s a possibility at your place do the same.
You as well. I have asthma, but thankfully it's mild. We're all pretty healthy, but I'm not so sure it matters at this point. This guy is maybe 2 years older than my Dad:
https://www.law.com/newyorklawjourn...nosis-bar-group-says/?slreturn=20200224173657

I would love to, but realistically it's not possible. Too many of us, not enough space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)