Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (44 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Be very significant if it's the start of the thing being brought under control and could provide a real template for other countries (that's not to discount what has happened in Asia, but Italy offers a more direct comparison the countries I've been paying more attention to).

Has there been any suggestion as to how much of a lag there is/may be between infection rates starting to fall and the numbers of death starting to come down as well?
I haven’t seen any data on that. The only reliable data is Italy’s anyway given that what’s coming out of China and Iran can’t be trusted.

- - - Updated - - -

What does a lt gov do?
President of the state senate, and takes charge if governor resigns or dies.
It’s worth to mention Texas state legislature has only one session in 2 years.

Last edited:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I’m glad Cuomo realized the severity of this. Florida’s governor is still reluctant to a real lockdown and will follow Trump’s advice on getting people back to work EXACTLY when we hit the peak in the next coming weeks. I mean I look at the streets and there are as many cars as a normal day, people in Florida are not taking this as serious as they should and I’m sure this is not the only state.
I'm not convinced that will happen.

I think that stuff is just Trump preparing the ground to keep shifting blame elsewhere.

"I wanted to restart the economy, but the medical experts/governers are preventing it happening."

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Just one stat to show how inept US response is: California has roughly 10 times the population of Alberta, yet Alberta have done 29k tests so far while California had done 26k by Sunday.
Well, a few weeks ago Trump said that from 15 cases we would go down to 0 in a couple of days, so that's like 26k-15 completely wasted tests.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I haven’t seen any data on that. The only reliable data is Italy’s anyway given that what’s coming out of China and Iran can’t be trusted.

- - - Updated - - -

President of the state senate, and takes charge if governor resigns or dies.
It’s worth to mention Texas state legislature has only one session in 2 years.
So basically nothing. His two minutes of fame will live on in infamy.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The economic impact is the reason all our western leaders are doing the same. Let the virus spread, test the minimum possible, increase hospital beds, enforce quarentine on high peaks, relaxing controls, peak again... millions are going to die for that decision, specially in third world countries

IMHO time would be better than economy cuz time could have been less deaths and more cure resources. However, now that our leaders choose economy hopefully it would imply a solid growth in the next 12 months

- - - Updated - - -

Plus we need to take care of ourselves and our love ones really well cuz our hospital are going to be full capacity for the next few months

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

I think that stuff is just Trump preparing the ground to keep shifting blame elsewhere.

"I wanted to restart the economy, but the medical experts/governers are preventing it happening."
That may well be the case. The problem with this theory is that it reflects the rational thinking of a rational person.
I am afraid divisions in the US run so deep that reason has left the building long time ago. We have people gathering for prayers for rain, denial of modern science, the president with a single tweet affected the guilty verdict of one of his hench-man etc, etc.
And recently even the constitution has been rewritten a bunch of times and the very pillars/barriers that had been installed to prevent that from happening are no more, because they now serve to God Trump.
People look at those videos of Putin ordering left and right what needs to happen on a day to day basis in Russia and no one dares to say shit about it. The US today isn't all that much different, in practice, because the people and institutions whose job it is to put a stop to this circus are mum and downright absent.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

That and his personal wealth, enhancing which is why he ran for president

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So basically nothing. His two minutes of fame will live on in infamy.
Well, Rick Perry was GWB’s Lieutenant Governor, and he went on to be governor for 4 terms, then secretary of energy and Dancing with the Stars participant, so his fame might last a little bit :p

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That may well be the case. The problem with this theory is that it reflects the rational thinking of a rational person.
I am afraid divisions in the US run so deep that reason has left the building long time ago. We have people gathering for prayers for rain, denial of modern science, the president with a single tweet affected the guilty verdict of one of his hench-man etc, etc.
And recently even the constitution has been rewritten a bunch of times and the very pillars/barriers that had been installed to prevent that from happening are no more, because they now serve to God Trump.
People look at those videos of Putin ordering left and right what needs to happen on a day to day basis in Russia and no one dares to say shit about it. The US today isn't all that much different, in practice, because the people and institutions whose job it is to put a stop to this circus are mum and downright absent.
About Constitution being rewritten, what are you referring to?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Apparently we had 28.000 ICU units before Corona, now 48.000, with the goal being 56.000.
Must be nice to live under a government that cares about its people.
Oh, I see. I thought NY did good and other stets followed with at least similar actions. I had no idea some states looked like shit.
Nah, at times it's almost like states are different countries. For example, multiple southern states are essentially third world countries in how they behave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)