Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (41 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
About Constitution being rewritten, what are you referring to?
rewritten in an indirect sense - just ignored and re-interpreted as seen fit, which is de-facto re-writing it, only much, much easier of a process.
Off the top of my head, you can think of the republicans denying Obama the appointment of a Supreme Court judge in his last year of service.
More recently you have Trump influencing with a tweet the guilty verdict vs one of his hench-man, Roger Stone - that was a clear violation of the separation of power, which is one of the most foundational principles in the Constitution.
Then you have the refusal by republican senate to allow witnesses as part of the impeachment proceedings, which came after complete disregard for subpoenas issues to people in the administration.
That's really just the tip of the iceberg. So many of the things that have happened over the past 3-4 years had never happened before, be it during republican or democratic administrations.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I wish that was the last we heard of her. She is a joke, a meme. Her presence does more damage to climate activism than it does good.
Yes, the world is on point on climate change, and her raising awareness, in whatever fashion, is doing more harm than good.

Climate change deniers are open-mouthed ding a lings, but I wonder if some people say these contrarian things just to sound smart.

Is she immunocompromised? Has some kinda ailment.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That may well be the case. The problem with this theory is that it reflects the rational thinking of a rational person.
I am afraid divisions in the US run so deep that reason has left the building long time ago. We have people gathering for prayers for rain, denial of modern science, the president with a single tweet affected the guilty verdict of one of his hench-man etc, etc.
And recently even the constitution has been rewritten a bunch of times and the very pillars/barriers that had been installed to prevent that from happening are no more, because they now serve to God Trump.
People look at those videos of Putin ordering left and right what needs to happen on a day to day basis in Russia and no one dares to say shit about it. The US today isn't all that much different, in practice, because the people and institutions whose job it is to put a stop to this circus are mum and downright absent.
Mitch McConnell and his senate cronies have been playing this long game for years. They’d accept Trump doing anything at all as long as they get to keep packing the courts with Republican judges and justices. That’s what the last years of Obama and the entire Trump era so far has been about for the Republican Party. Turning a blind eye to even the most egregious acts of the Trump admin while fast tracking judicial appointments.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's only a matter of time before it's brought into my home as my Dad and brother are considered essential workers, as they work for the city and state. Two people were brought out of my brother's work location in an ambulance today. I really hope none of us have to be hospitalized, though that seems highly unlikely. Federal incompetence could directly result in my death or the death of my immediate family members.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
wishing death to a girl is still crazy. What could she have possibly done to make you so pissed at her? She basically just speaks out about the environment
Lol, where did you get that I want her dead? I just don't want to listen about her, is all.
By the way, the nazi- anti Thunberg girl is 1000 times worse.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's only a matter of time before it's brought into my home as my Dad and brother are considered essential workers, as they work for the city and state. Two people were brought out of my brother's work location in an ambulance today. I really hope none of us have to be hospitalized, though that seems highly unlikely. Federal incompetence could directly result in my death or the death of my immediate family members.
I might have to go back to office later this week too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)