Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (59 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
That's dumb IMO. Everyone should get the aid, for the sake of all US citizens.
That’s what’s called a poison pill amendment, which means he’s against the bill for some reason and puts something stupid in it to make it nonsensical. I honestly don’t know what Paul’s problem is with the bill, but amendment will 100% be defeated and won’t be in final bill. The only result of this maneuver was delaying the vote for a day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Is it completely impossible that China was working on a virus as a bio weapon and someone who worked at the lab unknowingly carried it out into the open?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I'm a scientist and have worked with viruses but I'm no expert. COVID-19 is highly dangerous to the elderly and immunocompromised, the average person will recover and in fact,I expect that many people have had it already and recovered. I even think I've had it back in January along with my family and workmates because we had the worst ever symptoms excluding the breathing troubles. Keep your Vitamins C and D up to boost your immune system.

The biggest problem is hysteria, fake news and social media. I had a meeting with some surgeons yesterday and they say it is a problem that will get bigger but its not apocalyptic. This does depend on healthcare of course, the UK are good while the Italians don't have much of a clue. It doesn't help that people are panic buying and sending out images of lung cancer patients saying that its COVID.

The one thing that is clear is the Chinese situation is much worse than they report and as a scientific community, we have strong reservations about their practices. It really wouldn't surprise me if they were to execute people who have mild symptoms and burn their bodies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
UK schools are closing for 15 days from Friday. Might well be a total lockdown by then as well.
We are following the UK apparently. I expect my kids at home by the end of next week.

- - - Updated - - -

We cancelled all schools till the end of the (school) year. 15 days won't change shit.
15 days won't change anything but it will give an idea on how much the curve is flattened. No country will do a total shutdown indefinitely.

Moreover, total shutdown does not help on the long run, it only postpones the outbreaks. Herd immunity is the only solution but it has to be achieved slowly in order to comply with hospital beds for the needy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)