Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (103 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Please explain how me saying what I would do, while adding that that is not going to happen (obviously!!!!) equals me needing to make up my mind.
I honestly don't understand it. I really, really don't.
Umm, here?! You said it.

"If it was up to me, it would be very simple:
- You get vaccinated & still end up getting (very) sick: that obviously sucks & you should get the best possible treatment.
- You refuse to get vaccinated for whatever dumb reason and you get sick: no treatment for you buddy, suck it up."

That it's not gonna happen is obvious. But if it was up to you, we would.

Then you go on and agree with a post saying it's against basic human decency, hippocratic oath and general moral standards in western modern societies.

You sure do need to make up your mind.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Umm, here?! You said it.

"If it was up to me, it would be very simple:
- You get vaccinated & still end up getting (very) sick: that obviously sucks & you should get the best possible treatment.
- You refuse to get vaccinated for whatever dumb reason and you get sick: no treatment for you buddy, suck it up."
We're going in circles. And not the fun kind.

I literally said what I would like to see happen.
I literally said that that is not going to happen.

How these things contradict each other or how this means I have to make up mind, I don't know.
My "ideal solution" is not one that is going to happen. That's life.

So either we are completely misunderstanding each other or one of us is an idiot. :confused:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, I also think "get vaccine once per year" is not going to work. If this year 60% of the population took it, I'd bet next year it's going to be much less.
Agreed. This is going to be with us for a long time, regularly mutating around the world and spreading through travel and globalization.

Governments are still advising vaccinated people to distance and wear masks because they're still a minority of the population. It doesn't send a good message to unvaccinated people. It could discourage mask use and distancing at this stage (low vaccination rate), and it would make people uncomfortable being in a closed space with someone seemingly unprotected.
And we thought Princess Diana was a superspreader.

I think it also goes back to what @swag (I think) has said a few times now, that people are not interested in prevention of anything, especially if it requires a bit of work or discomfort. They only want an easy cure where they won't have to take any action.
Yep. Throw enough money and technology at it, Americans might be able to lazy out of this one for a little while. But with mutations and the "give me a pill" attitudes, there will be future waves despite vaccinations.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
So I apparently recovered from COVID-19, it went pretty smooth, although we have reached maximum capacity for everything and the doctors don't even have time to properly look at the results.

On Friday I went out of isolation, but during the weekend I had the worst headache ever, on Monday it kinda passed I started to feel ok again, but the last two days and especially today are not good. My legs hurt again like I've been doing squats and running all day, also my back is hurting a little bit. Also last night I ran like 10m with my dog, my God it was hard, my head and sinuses hurt for the next two hours.

All in all it seems that recovery will take time and it was probably mistake that I returned to work immediately after leaving isolation.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I might not be able to leave this country for the rest of this year (hopefully we can :xfinger:) but damn, it feels good to be almost back to normal here for the first time in a year. We have absolutely killed it with our covid response and I am proud (for once) with our government and populace for the hard work and sacrifices we’ve all put in

https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...funerals/9030b902-81f0-4c09-b0e6-25ec2a67e4ac

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So I apparently recovered from COVID-19, it went pretty smooth, although we have reached maximum capacity for everything and the doctors don't even have time to properly look at the results.

On Friday I went out of isolation, but during the weekend I had the worst headache ever, on Monday it kinda passed I started to feel ok again, but the last two days and especially today are not good. My legs hurt again like I've been doing squats and running all day, also my back is hurting a little bit. Also last night I ran like 10m with my dog, my God it was hard, my head and sinuses hurt for the next two hours.

All in all it seems that recovery will take time and it was probably mistake that I returned to work immediately after leaving isolation.
I don't think you should do that. Quite a few people I know were told not to do anything demanding like gym and running for even 1-2 months. I know one guy that were told to relax for six months. I'm not saying you should do that but imo running right away is pretty stupid.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I might not be able to leave this country for the rest of this year (hopefully we can :xfinger:) but damn, it feels good to be almost back to normal here for the first time in a year. We have absolutely killed it with our covid response and I am proud (for once) with our government and populace for the hard work and sacrifices we’ve all put in

https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...funerals/9030b902-81f0-4c09-b0e6-25ec2a67e4ac
Can't open now. How long of having restrictions did it take to get into that state? And what % of your population took vaccine?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Can't open now. How long of having restrictions did it take to get into that state? And what % of your population took vaccine?
We were at basically semi-normal state in NSW about 4-5 months after the first national lockdowns in March (some restrictions came and went during this time depending on outbreaks), but back at 100% normal we are at now took us literally one year.

We are at about 2% of the country being vaccinated. Basically fuck all so far. We expect our vaccination program, for those who want it, to be completed by the end of October. This is when I expect us to be allowed to travel overseas again and start to allow foreigners in as well - providing they have proof of vaccination.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
On the vaccine issue. The reason why it’s taken so long is because we obviously have been relying on overseas shipments of Pfizer and AZ. EU blocked supply to us of the AZ vax and it badly slowed down the first month or so of the program.

But this issue will be a thing of the past now as we will be producing the AZ vaccine onshore in Melbourne and we will have 1M doses per week being made and delivered throughout the country. The first batch started rolling out last week and the numbers of jabs has gone up significantly. Thank fuck our government had the foresight to not rely solely on overseas production otherwise we’d all be locked in this country for another 2-3 years.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We were at basically semi-normal state in NSW about 4-5 months after the first national lockdowns in March (some restrictions came and went during this time depending on outbreaks), but back at 100% normal we are at now took us literally one year.

We are at about 2% of the country being vaccinated. Basically fuck all so far. We expect our vaccination program, for those who want it, to be completed by the end of October. This is when I expect us to be allowed to travel overseas again and start to allow foreigners in as well - providing they have proof of vaccination.
You don't think it's possible covid spreads in the next month or so if you're soft on restrictions now? Plus not so many took the vaccine.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I don't think you should do that. Quite a few people I know were told not to do anything demanding like gym and running for even 1-2 months. I know one guy that were told to relax for six months. I'm not saying you should do that but imo running right away is pretty stupid.
It was a short run, 20-30m max in total, also I'm planning to start some home kettlebell workout next week and continue with tattooing, but now I have my doubts :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It was a short run, 20-30m max in total, also I'm planning to start some home kettlebell workout next week and continue with tattooing, but now I have my doubts :D
Burazer radi sa kolegom kojem je receno da 6 meseci nema nikakvih fizickih napora. I nije jedini za kojeg znam, i nisu svi bili na respiratorima kao tezi slucajevi, nego onako, osrednji. I skoro svima je receno da fizicka aktivnost bude na minimumu. Tako da ne znam koliko ti je pametno, mozda mozes da se konsultujes sa lekarom. Ne kazem da te plasim, cisto da budes na oprezu. Kapiram da je sve to okej, al bolje daj malo vremena da ti se telo vrati u normalu pre nego sto krenes da djipas kao konjic grbonjic.

--

It seems that we'll produce Russian vaccine here in Belgrade starting from May. But right now we have a fucked up situation with 5500 cases per day, which is rather huge for our population. Bars, restaurants and malls are totally closed. Small shops are allowed but only with limited people inside. I honestly don't see this ending and diseappearing. And, like I said, if it goes down on next year to take another shot of vaccine, I believe only 50% of those who took it will take another.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Burazer radi sa kolegom kojem je receno da 6 meseci nema nikakvih fizickih napora. I nije jedini za kojeg znam, i nisu svi bili na respiratorima kao tezi slucajevi, nego onako, osrednji. I skoro svima je receno da fizicka aktivnost bude na minimumu. Tako da ne znam koliko ti je pametno, mozda mozes da se konsultujes sa lekarom. Ne kazem da te plasim, cisto da budes na oprezu. Kapiram da je sve to okej, al bolje daj malo vremena da ti se telo vrati u normalu pre nego sto krenes da djipas kao konjic grbonjic.

--

It seems that we'll produce Russian vaccine here in Belgrade starting from May. But right now we have a fucked up situation with 5500 cases per day, which is rather huge for our population. Bars, restaurants and malls are totally closed. Small shops are allowed but only with limited people inside. I honestly don't see this ending and diseappearing. And, like I said, if it goes down on next year to take another shot of vaccine, I believe only 50% of those who took it will take another.
Ma znam brate, naravno meni niko nista nije rekao, jer smo toliko preoptereceni da je super ako vidis doktora. Problem je malo sto ja nemam mira, nisam navikao da ne treniram, da ne furam i sl., ali cu svakako polako krenuti sa svim, pa ako osjetim ikakav najmanji problem prekinut cu sve. Znam da sam bio u teretani netom prije nego sam saznao da sam zarazen (vec sam fakticki imao neke simptome kojih nisam bio svjestan poput umora i sl.), odradio 45 min trening jedva kuci dosao, posle svake serije sjedio da dodjem sebi, katastrofa... Elem hvala brate na savjetima, definitivno cu ih uzeti u obzir :*

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I had some oldies but goodies to catch up on...

The vaccine isn’t really a vaccine as it doesn’t prevent infection only lessen the impact of COVID. Add to this the disease is 99.8 % survivable for almost everyone and you ask yourself why in the hell would anyone take it.

Add to this nonsense the mask stupidity. If masks and distancing worked it would have been finished after we flattened the curve. Yet it didn’t and we’re still wearing masks and distancing. All of the strictest standards are the places with the worst cases.

Let’s keep believing selective and irrational “science” used just to cause fear
Vaccines are vaccines. They are tested against symptoms. It's a lot faster and easier to reach statistical significance in their efficacy on that. It takes forever to do things like figure out how much it might prevent deaths. And transmission is a whole other testing apparatus entirely.

But meanwhile, you seem to think that masks and distancing should be 100% effective. Even your condom isn't that effective.

I guarantee there are 5.8 million Americans willing to die for their freedom
Mos def. Which is why we love the tradeoff of killing off a dozen innocents and family members with guns just as long as there's the chance we might catch one bad guy with one. Self-styled Rambo hero up this beyoootch.

5.8 million bro cmon. I had COVID and a vast majority of my family got it were all fine and survived. I think all of this fear plays right into the politicians hands
The only fear related to politicians is the fear for their jobs. You don't know much about politicians, no?

Communism
Judaism
Islam
Christianity
Disney
:lol: Love the Disney one. Definitely belongs.

Yes I’m religious and I put my faith in God not governments. What’s not true? Tell me how Korea, Sweden Japan etc aren’t better off than Italy Germany etc. I haven’t said anything that isn’t true.
So you're suggesting that national borders are the only independent variables in that statistical test?

You really need to work on your stats background, bruh.

Ok well good luck with that.

You said the vaccine does not prevent infection, that's not true. You said masks make no difference because it should have disappeared after you flattened the curve, that's not true, because you all went back to opening things up, people still go to parties, don't wear masks, which varies between states. In the UK there's been a direct correlation between lockdowns and social distancing and cases dropping, which is basic common sense because of the transmission. But there is this ongoing battle between the economy and health, so most of us here will choose the economy as we are not likely to die.

Why have you grouped Sweden and Japan and Korea together? Their responses are not in the least bit similar. The EU's response has been very disjointed and slow.
The vaccines might reduce infection. That's all we know right now.

Well if the lockdowns keep up and then in turn the numbers continue to be higher maybe the lockdowns aren’t working ? Maybe you quarantine the people most in danger and you let the rest in a responsible fashion live and work and move forward
I'm not sure you can say the lockdowns aren't working when universally there's a clear cause-and-effect of lower infection rates in pretty much every country when they take place. I'm not sure what other evidence you expect to see if they have an impact.

Gee, we have police and women are still getting raped, places are being robbed, and people are getting shot in the streets. Maybe the police aren't working. Defund, right?

Like making a living, how capitalist, just be a good boy and beg govt to throw you scraps
If making a living were convenient, it largely depends on your dad.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I had some oldies but goodies to catch up on...

Vaccines are vaccines. They are tested against symptoms. It's a lot faster and easier to reach statistical significance in their efficacy on that. It takes forever to do things like figure out how much it might prevent deaths. And transmission is a whole other testing apparatus entirely.

But meanwhile, you seem to think that masks and distancing should be 100% effective. Even your condom isn't that effective.

Mos def. Which is why we love the tradeoff of killing off a dozen innocents and family members with guns just as long as there's the chance we might catch one bad guy with one. Self-styled Rambo hero up this beyoootch.

The only fear related to politicians is the fear for their jobs. You don't know much about politicians, no?

:lol: Love the Disney one. Definitely belongs.

So you're suggesting that national borders are the only independent variables in that statistical test?

You really need to work on your stats background, bruh.

The vaccines might reduce infection. That's all we know right now.

I'm not sure you can say the lockdowns aren't working when universally there's a clear cause-and-effect of lower infection rates in pretty much every country when they take place. I'm not sure what other evidence you expect to see if they have an impact.

Gee, we have police and women are still getting raped, places are being robbed, and people are getting shot in the streets. Maybe the police aren't working. Defund, right?

If making a living were convenient, it largely depends on your dad.
So the mass shootings are the objects fault not of the person whose disturbed or insane causing that issue and using that object for the massacre. You know the gun woke up that morning and decided to go kill people not the asshole behind the gun. Typical nonsense logic. Let’s not cure the issue that is either societal moral decline, mental illness etc no let’s blame the gun. What utter trash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)