Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (79 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The vaccine isn’t really a vaccine as it doesn’t prevent infection only lessen the impact of COVID. Add to this the disease is 99.8 % survivable for almost everyone and you ask yourself why in the hell would anyone take it.

Add to this nonsense the mask stupidity. If masks and distancing worked it would have been finished after we flattened the curve. Yet it didn’t and we’re still wearing masks and distancing. All of the strictest standards are the places with the worst cases.

Let’s keep believing selective and irrational “science” used just to cause fear
I see the Tuz science officer has checked in. None of what you said is correct, only bar talk. Aren't you staunchly religious? I'm sure the irony of your last comment will be lost on you. You even put science in quotation marks, lol.

You say your family all got it and survived so everything's ok. Mine too, even old and obese family members. That's ok then, let's wrap it up and head out, panic is over. If one of your family members had died you would have viewed it differently. That's just how people react - if it doesn't affect me it doesn't exist. It's why the majority of young people don't care about it. But you'd be sad if you went out to a party and killed dear old nonna, because that's another human reaction. Then it becomes something real. You can go online and read enough sob stories but people can make their own choices. Naturally most people on Tuz are young and not at risk, so it's only an inconvenience to them.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I see the Tuz science officer has checked in. None of what you said is correct, only bar talk. Aren't you staunchly religious? I'm sure the irony of your last comment will be lost on you. You even put science in quotation marks, lol.

You say your family all got it and survived so everything's ok. Mine too, even old and obese family members. That's ok then, let's wrap it up and head out, panic is over. If one of your family members had died you would have viewed it differently. That's just how people react - if it doesn't affect me it doesn't exist. It's why the majority of young people don't care about it. But you'd be sad if you went out to a party and killed dear old nonna, because that's another human reaction. Then it becomes something real. You can go online and read enough sob stories but people can make their own choices. Naturally most people on Tuz are young and not at risk, so it's only an inconvenience to them.
Yes I’m religious and I put my faith in God not governments. What’s not true? Tell me how Korea, Sweden Japan etc aren’t better off than Italy Germany etc. I haven’t said anything that isn’t true.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
The vaccine isn’t really a vaccine as it doesn’t prevent infection only lessen the impact of COVID. Add to this the disease is 99.8 % survivable for almost everyone and you ask yourself why in the hell would anyone take it.

Add to this nonsense the mask stupidity. If masks and distancing worked it would have been finished after we flattened the curve. Yet it didn’t and we’re still wearing masks and distancing. All of the strictest standards are the places with the worst cases.

Let’s keep believing selective and irrational “science” used just to cause fear
One of my school friends had a family meeting a couple of months ago. And several of his family members got covid there.

4 of his relatives were sent to the ER and his father passed away... Imagine that.

Don't you have friends or a Facebook? For a while, whenever I went on facebook it was almost like reading an obituary.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes I’m religious and I put my faith in God not governments. What’s not true? Tell me how Korea, Sweden Japan etc aren’t better off than Italy Germany etc. I haven’t said anything that isn’t true.
Ok well good luck with that.

You said the vaccine does not prevent infection, that's not true. You said masks make no difference because it should have disappeared after you flattened the curve, that's not true, because you all went back to opening things up, people still go to parties, don't wear masks, which varies between states. In the UK there's been a direct correlation between lockdowns and social distancing and cases dropping, which is basic common sense because of the transmission. But there is this ongoing battle between the economy and health, so most of us here will choose the economy as we are not likely to die.

Why have you grouped Sweden and Japan and Korea together? Their responses are not in the least bit similar. The EU's response has been very disjointed and slow.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,970
    I can't visit family and friends, buy clothes, eat (outside!) a restaurant.

But I can fly to Spain.

Is this real life?
    :lol:

Makes no sense at all, but this is what usually happens in government.

Are you guys getting enough vaccine over there?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I’m religious and I put my faith in God not governments.
    That's like saying you believe in the Easter bunny but not Santa Claus.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    Ok well good luck with that.

You said the vaccine does not prevent infection, that's not true. You said masks make no difference because it should have disappeared after you flattened the curve, that's not true, because you all went back to opening things up, people still go to parties, don't wear masks, which varies between states. In the UK there's been a direct correlation between lockdowns and social distancing and cases dropping, which is basic common sense because of the transmission. But there is this ongoing battle between the economy and health, so most of us here will choose the economy as we are not likely to die.

Why have you grouped Sweden and Japan and Korea together? Their responses are not in the least bit similar. The EU's response has been very disjointed and slow.
    The vaccine does not prevent spreading or contracting the illness. Also who is open I live in NJ we are still closed we recently opened to 50% and guess what we have the highest rate in the nation even more than the open states

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I had a coffee with girls I worked with not so long. Her kid (he's like...4th grade...I think) is in the class with a buddy who's dad died because of corona. He's 39 year old and he literally died in 2-3 days after getting it. He took Pfizer, though. Both shots. Death happened like week after.

And no, I'm not suggesting he died because of the vaccine. But he did die.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,973
    I had a coffee with girls I worked with not so long. Her kid (he's like...4th grade...I think) is in the class with a buddy who's dad died because of corona. He's 39 year old and he literally died in 2-3 days after getting it. He took Pfizer, though. Both shots. Death happened like week after.

And no, I'm not suggesting he died because of the vaccine. But he did die.
    So he had Covid while he got the vaccine?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    From the Mayo Clinic

A COVID-19 vaccine MIGHT:

Prevent you from getting COVID-19 or from becoming seriously ill or dying due to COVID-19
    Prevent you from spreading the COVID-19 virus to others
    Add to the number of people in the community who are protected from getting COVID-19 — making it harder for the disease to spread and contributing to herd immunity
    Prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading and replicating, which allows it to mutate and possibly become more resistant to vaccines

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    So he had Covid while he got the vaccine?
    Nope. He didn't have it. Well, at least according to tests he took he didn't have it previously. Unless he got it on his way to take it.

They went on a short family trip over the weeked. He didn't feel well and went back to hotel. In the morning he went to the hospital and he got worse. He died in 2 days after getting to hospital if I understood her correctly.

:boh:

The worst thing about vaccine is that not much changes. Apparently it affects you less if you get it, but you can still die, well, obviously, since it's 70-90% effective. Not just that but you have to wear a mask and distance yourself like you didn't take it. So I guess it's there to help you but there are no guarantees.

I personally don't feel like taking it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The vaccine does not prevent spreading or contracting the illness. Also who is open I live in NJ we are still closed we recently opened to 50% and guess what we have the highest rate in the nation even more than the open states
    Vaccines don't all work in such a way. Even the flu vaccine cannot stop the spread to another person totally, and it's only 60% effective in a good year. From the CDC's page:
    mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.
    The main role of these vaccinations is to severely reduce symptoms to reduce need for treatment and deaths, not particularly to stop "contraction" or transmission. If you get symptoms like a cold or mild flu then obviously no one cares about that. But because they reduce the viral load in someone infected that helps to prevent the spread.

Population density is very high in NJ, is it not? There is no linear way of dealing with the virus that suits every state or country, they all have to work out what is best for them.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    Vaccines don't all work in such a way. Even the flu vaccine cannot stop the spread to another person totally, and it's only 60% effective in a good year. From the CDC's page:

The main role of these vaccinations is to severely reduce symptoms to reduce need for treatment and deaths, not particularly to stop "contraction" or transmission. If you get symptoms like a cold or mild flu then obviously no one cares about that. But because they reduce the viral load in someone infected that helps to prevent the spread.

Population density is very high in NJ, is it not? There is no linear way of dealing with the virus that suits every state or country, they all have to work out what is best for them.
    Well if the lockdowns keep up and then in turn the numbers continue to be higher maybe the lockdowns aren’t working ? Maybe you quarantine the people most in danger and you let the rest in a responsible fashion live and work and move forward

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Well if the lockdowns keep up and then in turn the numbers continue to be higher maybe the lockdowns aren’t working ? Maybe you quarantine the people most in danger and you let the rest in a responsible fashion live and work and move forward
    Are you guys not doing that already? Here they call it "sheltering", and those most in danger have hardly left the house in over a year. I know <45yo people immunocompromised (hard chemo) who have still tried to go about their lives, but obviously they have been restricted from anything with crowds, just about going food shopping or walks near people.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    Are you guys not doing that already? Here they call it "sheltering", and those most in danger have hardly left the house in over a year. I know QUOTE]

No bro that’s my point it’s an all or nothing approach it’s either lockdown or open. One size fits all. Instead of targeting and doing what works by following the actual evidence. It’s being led by politics not science and egos and control. In NJ and NY both governors early on sent COVID elderly back to the nursing homes and they ended up decimating the nursing homes, basically murder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)