Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (36 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The orange baboon attacking Obama+Biden over H1N1 again today :lol:

Claiming 17,000 died (CDC says 12,469), and Obama and Biden were terrible and inept and it was a total disaster. :lol2:

How shameless can he get. 37,000 dead from Coronavirus and he’s attacking Obama about a swine flu pandemic 11 years in which 1/3rd of that number died. :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

:sarrismo:Safe!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I saw this in a discussion about Trump's tweets today

"This is going to get thousands infected and hundreds to thousands of people killed unnecessarily, if people follow through, and extend lockdown in those states, the day after he said it's up to the Governors' when to re-open. That means those Governors are going to be the ones blamed for this. Governors of blue states.
NYT listed Wisconsin and Virginia as key states in the 2016 election, they both went Blue (Clinton won by 1% in Minnesota and 6% in Virginia), and many people believe that Michigan was also a key loss for Clinton as Michigan voted blue in every presidential election from 1992-2012.
Trump just basically just rewon Michigan, secured Minnesota, and quite possibly Virginia too, 3 key states for the 2020 election, in 3 tweets, in 4 minutes."

Americans, you think this is the case?
Saying he's secured those states is going too far, imo. It's obvious, however, that's an attempt to stir the pot in what might project as swing states in the coming elections.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
In other words, he is doing EXACTLY what he accused the Democrats of doing when he called this pandemic a hoax.

Politicizing the Coronavirus

- - - Updated - - -

As a Republican, I get it that it is really hard to support a Democrat. Especially the new wave of Democrats, for the most part.

But how can any Republican, especially ones like myself that became one because of Reagan, support this guy. I don't understand it. I just don't. And he is bringing out the demons in a lot of these people that support him.

I could never imagine Republicans, or at least ones that say they are, would have supported Reagan if he acted this way.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not attacking the governors of the states that he knows he can't win.
Here is some food for thought - the only Republican administrations, since the Nixon years, that did not turn out to be an abject failure, were the Reagan and Bush Sr. ones. Can you think of one thing they both had in common? Not saying it is only one thing they had in common or that making that particular step was the only good thing that happened during those years. What I am saying, however, is that the only two decent, or better, Republican administrations for the past 50 years did that one thing, even if it went against all holy republican tenets.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Here is some food for thought - the only Republican administrations, since the Nixon years, that did not turn out to be an abject failure, were the Reagan and Bush Sr. ones. Can you think of one thing they both had in common? Not saying it is only one thing they had in common or that making that particular step was the only good thing that happened during those years. What I am saying, however, is that the only two decent, or better, Republican administrations for the past 50 years did that one thing, even if it went against all holy republican tenets.
Bush Sr was evil incarnate.
And don’t forget the "read my lips - no new taxes" fiasco.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I saw this in a discussion about Trump's tweets today

"This is going to get thousands infected and hundreds to thousands of people killed unnecessarily, if people follow through, and extend lockdown in those states, the day after he said it's up to the Governors' when to re-open. That means those Governors are going to be the ones blamed for this. Governors of blue states.
NYT listed Wisconsin and Virginia as key states in the 2016 election, they both went Blue (Clinton won by 1% in Minnesota and 6% in Virginia), and many people believe that Michigan was also a key loss for Clinton as Michigan voted blue in every presidential election from 1992-2012.
Trump just basically just rewon Michigan, secured Minnesota, and quite possibly Virginia too, 3 key states for the 2020 election, in 3 tweets, in 4 minutes."

Americans, you think this is the case?
I don't, no. The type of people that are going to be protesting these things and claiming that it's a hoax are the ones that would vote for him to begin with. I don't think there will be many moderates or (for some reason) undecided but otherwise mostly rational people looking at these tweets and thinking "yes, this is the one for me."

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I've spent more weeks in a Greek prison, so meh.

Bisco! :heart: How are you, my brother!

South of Sinai, darn ... didn't realize you left Moscow back for the Big E.

Your wife is probably right about Russia. I mean, they pretty much of invented the modern art of infauxmation. Stay safe, and sounds like you're in a good place with family and the familiar at least... as much as it puts your life on hold.

Hi Greg!!! how are you doing bro?? I hope you and your family are doing well and safe!!:))) I'm doing fine so far which is great :tup: well we didn't move here on a permanent basis we decided to spend winter here and we ended up coming to Egypt back in November, visited Saudi Arabia to meet up with my mum and little bro and luckily left Saudi Arabia before they imposed the lockdown only to get locked in back in Egypt which isn't as bad as it sounds really we got ourselves to the south of Sinai in a small town on the Gulf of Aqaba which is filled with ex-pats down-shifting and whatever comes with that package ( vegans, yoga lovers, bohemians, and hippies). so we are fine can't really complain as stressing as it is with regards to wanting to go back to normal life. the good thing is my young one is free to get out of the house in the sun for a couple of hours every day as opposed to being stuck in a house in Cairo which would surely drive me and the wife insane :D surprisingly the government here are handling this well, they have gone beyond my expectations which is shocking :D funny enough its the people who are insisting on not following the guidelines......

of course, back in Russia things seem to be escalating and once again the figures are surely inaccurate, the stories we hear about life in Moscow now is reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984 so some people are worried (rightly so considering the lovely people in charge are not to be trusted) they won't loosen up these new rules even when the world defeats this virus which is worrying.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen plenty of comedies recently but nothing beats reading stuff that's happening in the US.
to be honest for people not living in the US it surely would be funny but my god I feel bad for the sane people who hear this BS being thrown around on tv ( i recently watched a John Oliver show and I was freaked out at the nonsense these so-called "experts" spit out on tv day in and day out!! don't get me started on characters such as dr oz! or the blonde woman from tumps campaign who said on live tv that the WHO organization failed 18 times before COVID-19!! because the dumb wit seems to think its called COVID 19 referring to the virus being the 19th version of COVID!!) . I remember when we had the beardies in power we had crazy people come up with sci-fi news and retarded miracles and it was frustrating how you had friends and even family members who are educated parroting the same nonsense they hear on tv as if its god sent or a scientific fact! that is scary when you are amidst this.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I thought it was a conspiracy theory at first and now I'm not that sure of it. The theory that the virus originated in the Wuhan virology lab is getting traction from legit people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)