Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (79 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
France and UK look really shit compared to the big boys when it comes to testing numbers.
You have to remember that there is no global measuring stick, each country records numbers in their own way, and within each country there are individual hospitals, EPHs etc who record deaths in their own way. At least I know this is the case in the UK. For instance there was a case where an 18 year old died in my city, he tested positive for Covid-19 the day before he died, then died of other significant health issues, but it gets put in with CV deaths because it's considered a contributory factor.

The Office for National Statistics say that CV deaths are often recorded by a doctor on the basis of 'probability' when there is no test even taken, so deaths by breathing difficulties or organ failure have a decent chance of being caused or linked to CV when it is so widespread right now, but there is no definitive way of separating cause of death by CV apart from pneumonia, heart failure, etc. It certainly doesn't help, we know that much.

By "big boys" (strange terminology) I presume you're referring to South Korea and Germany, because we're basically on par with every other country. There are some contributing factors - CV affects men worse than women, south Asian and black make up a disproportionately large figure, and low income people are more affected as they are more likely to be overweight/obese or have generally inferior health. UK deaths, particularly as the epicentre is London and will obviously affect inner-city populations worse, are tied in to at least a couple of these things. But as I said when this all started, the NHS was short staffed and on a tight budget already.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You have to remember that there is no global measuring stick, each country records numbers in their own way, and within each country there are individual hospitals, EPHs etc who record deaths in their own way. At least I know this is the case in the UK. For instance there was a case where an 18 year old died in my city, he tested positive for Covid-19 the day before he died, then died of other significant health issues, but it gets put in with CV deaths because it's considered a contributory factor.

The Office for National Statistics say that CV deaths are often recorded by a doctor on the basis of 'probability' when there is no test even taken, so deaths by breathing difficulties or organ failure have a decent chance of being caused or linked to CV when it is so widespread right now, but there is no definitive way of separating cause of death by CV apart from pneumonia, heart failure, etc. It certainly doesn't help, we know that much.

By "big boys" (strange terminology) I presume you're referring to South Korea and Germany, because we're basically on par with every other country. There are some contributing factors - CV affects men worse than women, south Asian and black make up a disproportionately large figure, and low income people are more affected as they are more likely to be overweight/obese or have generally inferior health. UK deaths, particularly as the epicentre is London and will obviously affect inner-city populations worse, are tied in to at least a couple of these things. But as I said when this all started, the NHS was short staffed and on a tight budget already.
You are on par with who and based on what source? Btw Im taking about tests taken, not death toll.

Dunno if my source is right (somebody above said how France testing numbers werent updated for a week so that might be the case with the UK as wellI) but according to the site that Im seeing you guys are worse than majority of good/strong countries when it comes to tests taken.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Our friends at Fox News went fishing for BS take of the day, yet again. Couldn't get it from a real doctor, so they found it in a guy, who likes pretending he is one.

Not the first time retarded comparisons like this were made and it won't be the last. Stupid people are just stupid, never going to change.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
You don’t need Senate majority leader to invoke 25th. Actually majority leader is not a constitutional office. Vice president with majority of the executive body behind him can do it.
Of course it won’t happen, but it really needs to.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who don’t know what those tweets mean Trump is basically putting his support behind such protests in those 3 states.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
there’s a big protest tomorrow here in SLC to open the economy. not sure what’s going to happen but there are a lot of sovereign state types showing up
Dissent at the state and individual level is the hallmark of a weak or nonexistent federal government. In an attempt to cope with the pandemic, states across the country are forming collaborative unions of several states, basically looking to fill the void left by a dysfunctional administration.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)