Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (35 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There's a difference between Trump's hurr durr and actual policy proposals that his majesty doesn't have a clue about. Trump and his base are all about cutting foreign aid in the name of America First, and generally downplaying coalition building. That opens a gap, which China can benefit from.
Bro i think you know what i think about the orange orangutan, so I'm not here to defend him, but at the same time i can have the clarity of mind to recognize the validity of a course of action, regardless of who initiated it.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Bro i think you know what i think about the orange orangutan, so I'm not here to defend him, but at the same time i can have the clarity of mind to recognize the validity of a course of action, regardless of who initiated it.
I'm not saying you're a Trump supporter sir. I'm just saying what he says is meaningless comparing to what happens in policy details. Luckily congress usually ignores those, but the message he sends to other countries cannot be interpreted any other way. You can't curb the influence of China, and at the same time say a loud "fuck you" to the smaller countries.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Came across this great assessment:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...-airbnb-become-obsolete-after-the-coronavirus

It's pretty clear that AirBnB is a pay-to-let scheme for investors and not at all about communities and sharing economies. And I write you this living on the only inhabited unit of a 6-story building in the heart of Lisbon. Every other floor was dedicated to AirBnB leasing. Mine was only converted from an AirBnB by us because our landlord had three kids and grew tired of the hassle and thus turned it over to longer-term locals.

AirBnB won't go away. But its business model has probably just been sliced to 20% of what it was three months ago, now that so many real estate speculators are naked with extra mortgages and having to flood the local rental market with anywhere from 40-60% more inventory that was previously locked up for tourists.

Oh man, this means that 30-40% of the rental property market in major cities across the world is backed by an overextended owner bankrupt of any revenue streams to cover costs for many, many months. This has to be another real estate scam meltdown coming in the works globally in the next 3-6 months. This isn't even a question of tenants holding off on paying rent and governments helping with a bailout. These are property speculators with fallow assets and zero income to fend off mortgage defaults.

If you want to know why millennials have been unable to afford a place in cities, here's your smoking gun. The inventory was being used as an asset to store capital. Ironically, millennials paying for AirBnBs everywhere were contributing to why they could never afford these places.
There are no restrictions at all for these sites in Portugal?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There are no restrictions at all for these sites in Portugal?
Trouble was the country was an economic debt mess 10 years ago. So only in the past year did they finally stop licensing new requests in some neighborhoods to convert units to AirBnBs.

Btw, for anyone who has recovered from COVID-19, you definitely have a future as a bloody boy so you can donate your plasma to some old rich fart. :mj:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)