Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (58 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Once a younger person dies, everyone informs about it.
Check this photo of all the cases in Spain from March 22, when Spain had 19 000 cases.
For example, the number of covid cases in people aged 40-49 is almost the same as it is for ages 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+. But check out the death rate.
Only 9 people aged 40-49 died out of 2919, which is 0.3% of their total and 1.12% of the total deaths in Spain.
But check it out for those +80. 67% of all those who died were 80+ and 87.5% of all who died were 70+.

Spain had 1 death of people aged 0-19. That's when they had 19 000 cases. Today we have almost 600 000 cases in the world, so about 30 of the deaths should be people below 20. We read about each one of them and we're under impression that youngsters die, even though they are only 0.12% of all deaths, or 1 youngster in ~850 deaths.
I wasn’t denying the vast majority of the dead are 60 plus. We are seeing numbers every day that show that to be the case. But it’s not just about death, it has been brought up by many doctors in many different articles the damage this can cause to someone’s lung whether they’re old or not and there has been a high number of 20-40 year olds in critical condition. You can’t call it an old people’s disease when you have young adults only alive because of ventilators and the chance they might end up with permanent damage if they live.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I think this is mainly an old person problem but the young ones dying are compromised in some way. Take Delhi for example, you could be hitting the gym everyday but if you're commuting through their terrible polluted air you will be high risk. They would be classified as healthy and young but that simply isn't true. Any type of casual smoking, hippy helium crack or E-cigarettes will be damaging your airways and throat making you massively susceptible, apart from smokers the others are classified as normal.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,732
    You just can’t stop yourself shilling for Trump, eh. :p

On the serious side of things. I hope your family up in Detroit stays safe and healthy through this. I have a bunch of family in the Windsor-Detroit area and they’re saying it’s getting pretty scary there right now.
    Thanks man, same to you. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is mainly an old person problem but the young ones dying are compromised in some way. Take Delhi for example, you could be hitting the gym everyday but if you're commuting through their terrible polluted air you will be high risk. They would be classified as healthy and young but that simply isn't true. Any type of casual smoking, hippy helium crack or E-cigarettes will be damaging your airways and throat making you massively susceptible, apart from smokers the others are classified as normal.
    I'd imagine there could be something else wrong with them as well, which has went undiagnosed potentially. I see a lot of younger people with weight issues in the media.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    From Rhonda Patrick's newsletter on Kung Flu
    Why some people insist on reading TribalFootball during the trading window, I will never understand.

Can't believe there are actually that many people now who think it is or may be a good idea to let people die. These are people's immediate family members and doesn't even make sense in terms of economy. It'll be worse and greater loss if more people die. Ultimately they'd have to do the same stricter containment things they should've done before leading to more loss of time, lives, and $.

Reminder to self, never underestimate the stupidity of plebs esp when panicked.
    You are what you earn. Nothing more.

Anybody could die. Some young do. However when you look at the average age of the dead, for example on italy, it' around 80yo. It's a minority of minority of young that will die.
    Even if your young, you still don’t want to be one of the 20% who get it and has to be hospitalized for treatment with this must death and disease going on. As some of the reports in Italy towns have shown, the mortality rates for non-COVID hospitalizations have also skyrocketed.

‘murica! First to 100,000 cases! Fuck yeah! Trump truly making America the greatest again. :delpiero:
    USA! USA!! USA!!

They banned wet markets after SARS too but reopened again. Finger should def be pointed at Chinese govt now. Even more so if they're already allowing it to happen online (black mkt or not) when they control every aspect of Chinese lives.

Ebola came from bats too, but bush meat is eaten for survival reasons. Wildlife in China is eaten by the rich and middle class. Most of these diseases have come from China and they've done nothing about it, and it's time others put pressure and do something about it too.
    Wet markets are a red herring. If it wasn’t for them, it’s not like humans haven’t been encroaching on wildlife habitats around the globe.

Just another valid reason to become actual buddies with Russia.
    In Russia, you are already buddies. You just don’t know it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)