[Coppa Italia] Milan 1-2 JUVENTUS (8-Feb-2012) SF (3 Viewers)

MoM

• Storari

• Barzagli

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
I have looked through about 10 last pages before posting, and unfortunately didn't see an in detail analysis from any of the Juve fans, mostly celebrations and taunting lol.
Want to get two things of the chest immediately -
1. Milan fans that are blaming the ref are idiots. It was a difficult match for a referee, but he got the balance in decisions more or less right.
2. Blaming injuries is unacceptable for a title contender, since good team should have a deep squad bla bla bla. And Juve played with 8 non first team players.
For me it was a Juve B vs Milan B.

Having said that, the quality of football from both sides was extremely disappointing. I remember watching Milan - Juve from 10 years ago, and those matches were shining with individual talent.
But in the previous match, just like the first Juve match, Milan has huge holes in defense and midfield, while Juve is more of a solid unit without particularly fancy / spectacular players. (no to say that Milan was spectacular yesterday, El Shaarawy had moments of brilliance.... and that's about it).

Now about Juve, you played with a B squad and it showed. The team wasn't nearly as coherent and fluid as usual. But with the presence and strength in midfield you were able to win just like last time.
You did great in defense, defending as a unit and were quick to break on the counter. (exactly the kind of play that Milan struggles against). Del Piero shows that he can still play as a super sub, while Borriello was useless.
Great display from Chiellini, was super solid in everything he did. Also, a notable display from Pirlo who was better than any of our midfielders yesterday.
Our crap players cost us the game, though Juve always looked more likely to win. But both goals were a combination for horror shows from Antonini + Bonera + Ambrosini.
To be fair, none of these players should be playing for Milan anymore.

I would like to take a moment to bitch about Allegri. We lost in the exact same way as we did in the first match. Juve players were simply running through our midfield whenever they wanted to.
Also, playing Ambro - MVB - Seedorf is just not acceptable anymore even against Novara. Ambro in particular was trying hard to assist every Juve counter in the second half.
Having said that, Allegri should have adjusted the tactics to make us less prone to counter attacks, even with this selection of players.
Even our main midfield struggles against Juve, but yesterday we had 0 first team midfielders. Once we have the players back, I expect a better challenge for the title and the head to head games with Juve.

Ibra again had a shit poor match. Those who said Milan = Ibra, take note, as even a young SES looked much better than him yesterday.
I personally want to develop a new attacking line up of Robinho - Pato - SES. Ibra is 30 and also an asshole not worthy of Milan shirt. :)

I don't see how this current squad can challenge either Juve or go for the title anyway. We should get most of our injured players back within next 2 weeks.
Hopefully it will happen before the next Juve game, so we can see a fair fight of first squads.

I'd love to read an in depth analysis of a game from Juve fans. If your have written such posts, please reply with links. Thanks!
1) I didn't see any reason to blame the referee yesterday. I'm not sure if the handball is what some Milan fans are picking up on?
2) Pretty much. Agree with nearly all your post here.

I too was quite disappointed with the quality of play, a lot of running without much product from players like Estigarribia and Urby. Not much else to say, once Juve scored I think they were happy to sit back a bit deeper and counter against some of your slower players (Quag and Vucinic helped), I don't think they'd have minded a 1-1 to take into Juventus stadium.

milan

Rossonero
Mar 30, 2006
Also, lol at goal.com ratings. At least they got SES as man of the match for Milan right. :)

1) I didn't see any reason to blame the referee yesterday. I'm not sure if the handball is what some Milan fans are picking up on?
2) Pretty much. Agree with nearly all your post here.

I too was quite disappointed with the quality of play, a lot of running without much product from players like Estigarribia and Urby. Not much else to say, once Juve scored I think they were happy to sit back a bit deeper and counter against some of your slower players (Quag and Vucinic helped), I don't think they'd have minded a 1-1 to take into Juventus stadium.
Yeah, many complained that Ibra's disallowed goal should have stood. It was a clear handball from all angles.
Seeing how the return leg is on March 21st, we have time to recover injured players, but beating you at your own stadium will be extremely hard.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Have we stopped doing the MOM poll thing? I like it as a tradition.
It should be done for every match, right after the FT. In the end we will have a more realistic view at the entire season instead of remembering only the last month's form of the players.
Next season I'll make it my duty to PM the mods after FT to open the MOM poll.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
bad if we're playing Milan on the 21st at the stadium!!! I would've missed it by a couple of days, would LOVE to see Del Piero... FML... gonna try and call airline and see how much it will cost to change my flight. Don't think I can afford it though. Fuggg
damn that sucks, oh well you can still enjoy italy though.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
It should be done for every match, right after the FT. In the end we will have a more realistic view at the entire season instead of remembering only the last month's form of the players.
Next season I'll make it my duty to PM the mods after FT to open the MOM poll.
You can still count the matches we have had the poll and continue on rest of the season though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)