[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 2-1 Bologna (8th Dec 2011) (1 Viewer)

[Coppa Italia] Juve - Bologna: Man of the Match

• Storari

• Sorensen

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• De Ceglie

• Marrone

• Pazienza

• Krasic

• Quagliarella

• Giaccherini

• Del Piero

• Marchisio

• Elia

• Estigarribia

• Agliardi (Bologna)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We had a storm last night and my cable died just after Giaccherrini scored. At the same time my internet connection died together with my earth phone. It sucked so hard but I am glad that we got the result in the end.
Hopefully the storms won't troll me anymore.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Really not much to take away from this game. Only thing that made it worthwile was seeing some different players.

Thought Elia was piss poor the first few moments & completely uninterested, but he improved quite a lot as time passed. Terrible first half by DP as well, massive improvement after the break. Quag was lively, but that's about it.

Marrone & Sorensen were nowhere near great, but there's definitely some promise. Mom would be Giaccherini, regardless of the goal even. Not much to say about Marchisio, other than it being slightly ridiculous. I can only immagine what the Bologna players must have been thinking when he came on. Probably something along the lines of "That's it, we're screwed now".

As for Clumsy, euhm I mean Krasic, he showed some spirit but was once again frustrating to watch.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
We had a storm last night and my cable died just after Giaccherrini scored. At the same time my internet connection died together with my earth phone. It sucked so hard but I am glad that we got the result in the end.
Hopefully the storms won't troll me anymore.
Here as well. Just the TV. I was watching a shitty-ass stream :(

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I love it that Elia gave Conte something to think about. I still stand firm in my belief that he will be a key player for us at some point.

Krasic has improved, but nowhere near his old level. Frustrating -.-

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Unimpressive stuff.

The second string, aside from technical failings, lack the energy and drive the first team has.

It was all pretty sluggish. Lack of purposeful movement from midfielders and forwards and lack of Pirlo to move the ball around the pitch quickly enough to exploit any space.

The forwards also showed the negative side of playing players determined to prove themself. Lots of occasions where players were greedy or wanting extra touches on the ball, only for the good opportunity to have disappeared.

Marrone looks like a pretty nothingy sort of player who won't be at Juve very long.

Giaccherini is the only player who will have really furthered his cause.

Krasic was coming on to a game by the time he got subbed. Looks to have a better understanding of how he is meant to move than he did a month ago.

Quagliarella looked pretty sharp and looked capable of making something happen when he got close support.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Unimpressive stuff.

The second string, aside from technical failings, lack the energy and drive the first team has.

It was all pretty sluggish. Lack of purposeful movement from midfielders and forwards and lack of Pirlo to move the ball around the pitch quickly enough to exploit any space.

The forwards also showed the negative side of playing players determined to prove themself. Lots of occasions where players were greedy or wanting extra touches on the ball, only for the good opportunity to have disappeared.

Marrone looks like a pretty nothingy sort of player who won't be at Juve very long.

Krasic was coming on to a game by the time he got subbed. Looks to have a better understanding of how he is meant to move than he did a month ago.

Quagliarella looked pretty sharp and looked capable of making something happen when he got close support.
Verdict on Elia ?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Meh.

Didn't offer much, even though much of his time on the pitch was against ten men.

Can't imagine Conte will be feeling presured to find him a place in the team in the foreseeable future.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Elia (and Krasic) lacked a proper RB to partner with, he pretty much faced the defenders all alone though sometimes DP came to help which coincidentally around the same time his play got better. Those nice plays with Ale and Marchisio are flashes of what would become if he plays with better teammates around him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Elia (and Krasic) lacked a proper RB to partner with.
I actually think that suits Krasic.

He needs as much space as possible and an attacking RB just closes down that space and drags more opposition players towards his area of the pitch.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Really not much to take away from this game. Only thing that made it worthwile was seeing some different players.

Thought Elia was piss poor the first few moments & completely uninterested, but he improved quite a lot as time passed. Terrible first half by DP as well, massive improvement after the break. Quag was lively, but that's about it.

Marrone & Sorensen were nowhere near great, but there's definitely some promise. Mom would be Giaccherini, regardless of the goal even. Not much to say about Marchisio, other than it being slightly ridiculous. I can only immagine what the Bologna players must have been thinking when he came on. Probably something along the lines of "That's it, we're screwed now".

As for Clumsy, euhm I mean Krasic, he showed some spirit but was once again frustrating to watch.

nobody on that field was as nearly as frustrating as pazienza for us and agliardi for them

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Unimpressive stuff.

I thought the second string showed a lot of energy, but pretty much ran like a headless chicken with little organization or purpose. (Arguably, something Krasic has been well suited for.) Given some of the starts and how long they've been on the bench, I suppose a little of that can be expected of players who act like prisoners just released from solitary.

Despite all that, the only real negatives of the match were choking on set pieces in the clutch and having to run around 30 minutes longer than necessary. Giac was possessed. And yes, Marchisio is getting a bit ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)