Copa America 2007 (4 Viewers)

OP
Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #41
    I can't see Peru winning the "Copa" but tonight they were head & shoulders above Uruguay, in whom I was bitterly disappointed, especially when I remember for example, the lovely football played by Enzo Francescoli's Uruguay of the 1990's! Just waiting on the Venezuela-Bolivia game, watching the pre-match entertainment...again in case someone doesn't know & has the HotBird satellite, all games are being shown FREE, in the clear on SportItalia. As for the Wed./Thurs. games, I'm looking forward to both, Mexico-Brasil & Argentina-USA in particularl While I understand the reasoning behind the US decision to place more importance on the Gold Cup, something they could & did win, it hasn't the prestige of the Copa America & I for one want to see more from the USA who could & should be one of the stronger forces in world soccer. Maybe it will happen, I can hope. In the meantime I favour as I've said, Argentina...with nearly 40% of their population able to trace their roots back to Italy, it's logical to assume my sympathies would lie in the blue & white corner! That aside, as we know, the Juve scouts are seriously present at this "Copa" so if some people think this tournament is a waste of time, it's not a feeling shared by our "Vecchia Signora!"

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #46
    Modest skill levels, but, legitimate entertainment...as the hosts, Venezuela are required to go as far as they can to keep the tournament interest & atmosphere up, but I knew the decision with 20 mins to go, subbing an attacker with a defender was the wrong one, as Bolivia, though themselves also only one of the smaller teams were capable of spoiling the Venezuelan party...& they did! Don't get me wrong, I think Bolivia were fortunate on 2 counts, the Venezuelan "own goal" & the wrong Venezuelan tactics that gave them the opportunity to eqalize (well taken goal though):rolleyes: ask the Venezuela fans whether or not 2-2 was a just result.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    we cant compare World Cup and Copa America

World Cup is peak of football,while copa america is just brazil reserves against bolivia
    For some reason one is called WORLD cup and the another one AMERICA.

So, you say that S. America NT are low level? that just s. America is Brazil? You need watch more football.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    we cant compare World Cup and Copa America

World Cup is peak of football,while copa america is just brazil reserves against bolivia
    You should feel privileged to watch the entertaining and skillful football that makes the Copa America what it is. You're an unappreciative bastard.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    3-2, Chile!

Edit: Chile won, I'm surprised, well done. I hope that chilean media don't screw this saying that Chile will win the cup. La Roja must do it step by step.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)