Copa America 2007 (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
used to get really excited about this but it seems only argentina re taking this seriously this time around. could you imagine the european championships being degraded this way? no chance.

still watch it though, i am a self-confessed football junkie and i need a fix

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22
    Argentina look favorites & not just because they've won the "Copa" most times. I read today that Carlos Dunga is still moaning about Kaka & 'Dinho not making themselves available for Brasil, though again he says he accepts their decisions. I think he forgets that playing in Europe nowadays is longer, harder work than it was in his days at La Viola Fiorentina for example when he rarely would have played more than one match per week...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    used to get really excited about this but it seems only argentina re taking this seriously this time around. could you imagine the european championships being degraded this way? no chance.

Amen to that bruvva' :agree:

Forza Footboll :D

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
    To Copa Inter

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Copa America:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Calcio's Cup
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]While much of the build-up to this summer’s Copa America has revolved around the absence of stars such as Kaka and Luis Jimenez, there are still plenty of familiar faces for calcio fans to look out for[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Argentina:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Hernan Crespo (Inter)
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There are several Italian based players to pick from in Coach Alfilo Basile’s squad, all from Inter. However, there is no doubt that Hernan Crespo poses the most potent threat. He has netted a remarkable 32 goals in 62 appearances for his national side over the years, and his Serie A record is no less admirable. This year he helped Inter to their first Scudetto success since 1989 with 14 goals scored, including a hat trick in a memorable 4-3 comeback victory against Lazio, and a goal against his former employers Milan. Although his position is under threat from young talents like Carlos Tevez and Lionel Messi, as he showed at last summer’s World Cup, Hernan is still the main man.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Also in the squad:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Nicolas Burdisso, Esteban Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti (Inter)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Brazil:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Douglas Maicon (Inter)
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Serie A representative to watch in holders Brazil’s squad is Douglas Maicon after his revelatory campaign at Inter. Maicon, who has 21 international caps, may face a battle for his usual spot at right back with the highly-rated Daniel Alves of Sevilla, but anyone who saw Inter’s first choice right back in action this year knows he would not disappoint if selected. The ex-Monaco man was one of the driving forces in Inter’s Scudetto success, consistently getting forward down the right flank and aiding the attack, even scoring twice in Serie A and once in the Champions League.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Also in the squad:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Alexander Doni and Juan (Roma)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Colombia:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Ivan Cordoba (Inter)
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Along with Javier Zanetti, Ivan Cordoba is one of the few to survive Inter’s recent chop and change mentality and has become indispensable to the Beneamata. Despite his small stature, Cordoba’s renowned pace has helped him cement his place at the heart of an all-conquering defence. Able to play at centre back and right back, he is also a danger going forward at set pieces. The Copa holds particularly sweet memories for Cordoba, who scored the winning goal when his country lifted the trophy on home turf in 2001.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Paraguay:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Dante Lopez (Crotone)
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Not exactly a household name in Italy, Dante Lopez will represent the Guaraníes despite a tough season at Serie C-bound Crotone. The 23-year-old marksman has only found the net seven times in 50 appearances in Italy, but raises his game on the international stage with three goals from 11 caps.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Uruguay:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Alvaro Recoba (Inter)
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Love him or hate him, Alvaro Recoba is undoubtedly Uruguay’s main man. The perennial underachiever for the Nerazzurri, El Chino has been known to shine on national duty. Having finally hopped off the treatment table he featured more prominently in the closing stages of the season and after scoring the winner in a friendly against Australia, he will be full of confidence.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Also in the squad:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Fabian Carini (Inter) and Carlos Valdez (Treviso)
    [/FONT]

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    its really a shame that my country is not sending its first team, rather, they are sending a bunch of third team unknowns

I was really looking forward to seeing how Donovan and Co. would handle Argentina, but now I know exactly what will happen, with the USA youth team

Argentina to win the tournament

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I love this tournament...all the games are fast, and they're all on at the proper time for football: 8:30 PM. I'm pulling for Uruguay personally.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    you part Uruguayan Max ??? :p
    It's Pride Week...:pumpkin:

I'm not Uruguayan, but there's a large number of family members strewn throughout Argentina. I would like to support Argentina, but I don't want them to win because they're stacked, so I'm going for their direct rivals. Care to join?

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003

:tup:

sadly though i will be at work when the games are on

i think they should consider changing to a 4 year interval since the teams are not interested that much.

on the other hand the tournament was always about showing the new talents rather than the more known ones and the 2 year interval helps

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    Both are good. I live in Chile, so, for some strange reason I feel that I have to support them. I like the Argentina a lot, though.
    Anyway, as always Chile will play 1-2 matches in a good level and the media here will start to say that we are going to win, then the chilean team will feel the pressure and will lose. I'm pretty sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)