Confirmed Signings (7 Viewers)

dossis1986

May 9, 2005
i agree john and i think we must get a better player than zebina.there aren't many solutions in the right but moggi if make the best he could bring puyol. he the best right defender.i know he is expensive but can low the price by giving tacinardi to barca. juve must bring woldclass players only them suit her.bu i think first priority is a good ''10'' to change the style of juve's game.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dossis1986 ] ++
i agree john and i think we must get a better player than zebina.there aren't many solutions in the right but moggi if make the best he could bring puyol. he the best right defender.i know he is expensive but can low the price by giving tacinardi to barca. juve must bring woldclass players only them suit her.bu i think first priority is a good ''10'' to change the style of juve's game.
ill do the number 10 job :dontcare:....seriously tho, we have the number 10 we needs, he is jus kinda in a coma since his injury.....

For the future mutu could do it, but a fantasista would be brilliant...but im sceptical moggi / Cappello want one of them.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

heres my point of view...i wasnt suprised Hypia easily escaped the clutches of zebinas marking to tap away the finish in the first leg agaisnt L'pool.

he is strong and athletic...but low concentration, careless passer, falls asleep, hacks with ill timed tackles....his strong point is his pace, which probably helps out lili and canna, as his "recovery" ability is relatively high.

But imo....there are FAR better fullbacks.
That was poor marking yes. Perhaps Zebina's biggest fault is low concentration, resulting in unneassarcy errors. He is an amazingly hard worker though, with pace and athetlicism yes. He is good attacking-wise, with well timed crosses and runs.
I do not agree with ill timed tackles, like you said his recovery ability is good and that includes his TACKLES. He sometimes plays a cynical and harsh game though. I also feel Thuram and Cannavaro play at their best, when Zebina is in the field. Somehow he complements them well.
All in all I think Zebina is heavily underrated and is in no way our weak link as some like to call him, he seems to be an easy target for being a scapegoat.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dossis1986 ] ++
Welcome to the forums dossis.

IMO our number 10 position is well covered by Mutu. My priority right now is to get some decent backup for Thuram or Cannavaro. My heart stops beating whenever they get a yellow card or pick up a knock (which fortunately isn't very often)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

That was poor marking yes. Perhaps Zebina's biggest fault is low concentration, resulting in unneassarcy errors. He is an amazingly hard worker though, with pace and athetlicism yes. He is good attacking-wise, with well timed crosses and runs.
I do not agree with ill timed tackles, like you said his recovery ability is good and that includes his TACKLES. He sometimes plays a cynical and harsh game though. I also feel Thuram and Cannavaro play at their best, when Zebina is in the field. Somehow he complements them well.
All in all I think Zebina is heavily underrated and is in no way our weak link as some like to call him, he seems to be an easy target for being a scapegoat.
imo the reason why he compliments them is that is he is a big, atheltic pplayer who can cover their backs if they get done, plus he closes down "quickly" reducing the work on canna and lili.

But he is still a half asleep clumsy git.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
But he is still a half asleep clumsy git.
I agree to some extent, but he's been a useful player for us this season, and I don't think it's fair to criticise him based on some of the disastrous performances he had at Roma. He's made some mistakes playing for us, and TBH sometimes looks like he's out to concede a penalty, but until something calamitous actually happens, I'm actually liking Zebina at Juve so far

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I agree to some extent, but he's been a useful player for us this season, and I don't think it's fair to criticise him based on some of the disastrous performances he had at Roma. He's made some mistakes playing for us, and TBH sometimes looks like he's out to concede a penalty, but until something calamitous actually happens, I'm actually liking Zebina at Juve so far
gray, come on...his marking for hypia was calamitous....infact in the whole of the first leg he was useless, leaving liliand canna to do all the work.

The onl reason im in any way pro zebina is his athlerticsim, especially considering the age of the rest of the defence.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
I saw him playing this season more than 8times, I didn't like him, and No he bring no depth to the team.
As long as he's better than Montero I'm happy.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Tudor's been playing very well in Siena this season and he deserves another chance on the bench imo.
I've always thought Tudor was a good player, he was just cursed with injuries in his time at Juve. With his good defensive skills, physical presence and knack for goalscoring, I think he should definitely be back in the Juve squad.

Speaking of his goalscoring, imagine the threat we'd pose from corners with Tudor and Cannavaro lurking in the box :devil:

Do you guys think it'd be suicidal to play a 3-man backline if Tudor joins us again?

---------------Buffon
------Thuram--Canna--Tudor
-Camo-------Emerson------Zambro
--------------Nedved
--------Mutu--------Zlatan
---------------Trez

:D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think so,no.Tudor is an excellent defender,while Thuram and Cannavaro by default are the best we've got.If we play Zambrotta on the left,he will no doubt help out the defence allowing Tudor to move towards the centre and shift Thuram to the right,a position he's very familiar with.
The midfield should be a boxed four,albeit a slanted one:

---------Emerson------Zambrotta
Camoranesi-----Nedved---------

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, I thought it should look a little like that too, but I can't stand asymmetrical formations :p

Just to make you happy though:

---------------Buffon
------Thuram--Canna--Tudor
--------Emerson--------Zambro
-Camo---------Nedved
---------Mutu--------Zlatan
---------------Trez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)