Claudio Marchisio (68 Viewers)

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Just to clarify for those who dont know why i'm ridiculing Dukac post.

Tendons and ligaments are a tricky thing to develop. Where there is all kinds of doping, mostly steroids, have a very direct impact on muscle growth, strenght and microtrauma recovery, the same is not true for tendons.
There is not a single medication out there that will speed up the recovery of tendon damage trough training or otherwise. There is not a single drug that will increase its strenght and resillience.

The ONLY substance that has a positive effect on tendons, are NSAID's. Tendons improve trough stress and recovery. Naturally, they inflammate a little bit after stress and during recovery. When working high frequency and volumes at a high load, the lingering inflammation builds up to actually inflammation of the tendon. This inflammation slows down the recovery and will decrease the function of the tendon when stressed if it builds up too high.

NSAID's combat this inflammation, allowing tendons to recover at their normal speed, and keeping away actual tendinitis. In strenghtsports, NSAID's are by far the drug with the biggest impact thats not on the doping list.

When a tendon tears however, it needs to recover naturally, without stress so no inflammation is present. and tendons recover MUCH slower then muscles

Ligaments follow the same principles.
I don't know about drugs strengthening tendons and ligaments(though I do know from first-hand experience that some non-performance enhancing steroids weaken them), however there's treatments for partial tears which speed up recovery. The main ones I'm aware of are platelet-rich plasma and stem-cell therapy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Just to clarify for those who dont know why i'm ridiculing Dukac post.

Tendons and ligaments are a tricky thing to develop. Where there is all kinds of doping, mostly steroids, have a very direct impact on muscle growth, strenght and microtrauma recovery, the same is not true for tendons.
There is not a single medication out there that will speed up the recovery of tendon damage trough training or otherwise. There is not a single drug that will increase its strenght and resillience.

The ONLY substance that has a positive effect on tendons, are NSAID's. Tendons improve trough stress and recovery. Naturally, they inflammate a little bit after stress and during recovery. When working high frequency and volumes at a high load, the lingering inflammation builds up to actually inflammation of the tendon. This inflammation slows down the recovery and will decrease the function of the tendon when stressed if it builds up too high.

NSAID's combat this inflammation, allowing tendons to recover at their normal speed, and keeping away actual tendinitis. In strenghtsports, NSAID's are by far the drug with the biggest impact thats not on the doping list.

When a tendon tears however, it needs to recover naturally, without stress so no inflammation is present. and tendons recover MUCH slower then muscles

Ligaments follow the same principles.
Zach this is a pure nonsense what you are writing.
I have an experience with this kind of injuries and medical solutions.
I said that if he needs a serious medical treatment or (please no) surgery of a ligament or a tendon,that's it.Understand???????
No medications ,including Ibuprofene can helps him for a centimeter.
Physical therapy is the answer.
Did Asamoah,did Vidal get Ibuprofene as a main solution for their problems?No.So stop trying to post something that you thing that nobody except you understand.
Ibuproprofene is just for healing the pain and to reduce the swallow.Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed, Bad News, ACL

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Now Zach will heal that with Ibuprofene.Let's go Zach.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know about drugs strengthening tendons and ligaments(though I do know from first-hand experience that some non-performance enhancing steroids weaken them), however there's treatments for partial tears which speed up recovery. The main ones I'm aware of are platelet-rich plasma and stem-cell therapy.
Corticosteroids are devastating on tendons and ligaments, and tissue in general.

One of THE main reasons you see bodybuilders tear a muscle connection (usually biceps), despite working very low weights compared to strenghtsporters, is because aromatising steroids give a sudden boost to muscle strenght, but not the tendon. Strenghtsporters increase both tendon and muscle and ligament at the same time, bodybuilders do not. When they excercise the muscle to failure with too much weight, the tendon or connection simply snaps cause it cant handle that increased stress.

Stem-cell and platelet rich plasma is still beeing developped and tested afaik ? But its the most promising path imo. Alot like blood doping tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

An MRI scan has confirmed that Claudio Marchisio has suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. He will undergo surgery in the next few days.

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2016/marchisio-medical-update-.php
He'll miss the start of next season

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You arent getting the point

The discussion was comparing NFL to football. Someone mentionned drugs. My point was that there is no drug that improve the tendons or ligaments. Only NSAID's who keep their recovery speed from training/competition at the maximum natural pace,because they take away the inflammatory response that will hinder the natural recovery.

I'm not talking about recovering from an injury. That also recovers trough the natural recovery system, and can only aided by surgery to remove bad scar tissue.

- - - Updated - - -

They confirmed a strain, they havent confirmed the actual damage
?
Why ,for a god's sake you don't admit that you were wrong with your"expert" medical treatment?
I know that ,now you will write a million of pages writing your(ultra wrong) way of healing a ligament injury but that's it.
Just like when you waste pages and pages of Tuz explaining that Vidal's injury was a MUSCLE issue.
Again,stahhhp Zach.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach this is a pure nonsense what you are writing.
I have an experience with this kind of injuries and medical solutions.
I said that if he needs a serious medical treatment or (please no) surgery of a ligament or a tendon,that's it.Understand???????
No medications ,including Ibuprofene can helps him for a centimeter.
Physical therapy is the answer.
Did Asamoah,did Vidal get Ibuprofene as a main solution for their problems?No.So stop trying to post something that you thing that nobody except you understand.
Ibuproprofene is just for healing the pain and to reduce the swallow.Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Now Zach will heal that with Ibuprofene.Let's go Zach.
Jesus christ stop beeing a fucking idiot and read what i said.

I was talking about recovery from training/workout and competition. Not injury.

Someone trainslate what i said from english to fucking moron, so this guy can understand it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Corticosteroids are devastating on tendons and ligaments, and tissue in general.

One of THE main reasons you see bodybuilders tear a muscle connection (usually biceps), despite working very low weights compared to strenghtsporters, is because aromatising steroids give a sudden boost to muscle strenght, but not the tendon. Strenghtsporters increase both tendon and muscle and ligament at the same time, bodybuilders do not. When they excercise the muscle to failure with too much weight, the tendon or connection simply snaps cause it cant handle that increased stress.

Stem-cell and platelet rich plasma is still beeing developped and tested afaik ? But its the most promising path imo. Alot like blood doping tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

He'll miss the start of next season
He will probably be out until Mid-November, if Juve want to play it safe.

Which makes the signing of Lemina even more critical at this point

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He will probably be out until Mid-November, if Juve want to play it safe.

Which makes the signing of Lemina even more critical at this point
Yeah, considering his build and age, thats gonna be close to 6 months before he'll be allowed to return to train separately, and indeed, mid november will be the earlyest we'll see him return.

Lemina had to settle today at first, normal considering the way he had to come in with the entire team distrought of seeing Marchisio stretched off that way. But once the dust settled, he was again putting quite the performance.

Was there a fee agreed in his loan deal ? Sure hope so

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, considering his build and age, thats gonna be close to 6 months before he'll be allowed to return to train separately, and indeed, mid november will be the earlyest we'll see him return.

Lemina had to settle today at first, normal considering the way he had to come in with the entire team distrought of seeing Marchisio stretched off that way. But once the dust settled, he was again putting quite the performance.

Was there a fee agreed in his loan deal ? Sure hope so
9.5 million, but there were reports that Juve wanted to extend the loan deal again. At this point, if Lemina plays well the last 5 matches and in the Coppa Final, they need to erase any doubt and sign him

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah, corticosteroids are what I was referring to. Was on some for a large part of last year they wrecked everything from muscles to ligaments.

Stem-cells and PRP are being used on athletes "legally" now(kind of a grey-area PED-wise), but are still technically in the testing phase. I think Kobe Bryant is the most high profile example, but I'm an MMA fan, so I've mainly seen it mentioned for a bunch of the more successful fighters who've had partial ligament tears in the last year or two.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, corticosteroids are what I was referring to. Was on some for a large part of last year they wrecked everything from muscles to ligaments.

Stem-cells and PRP are being used on athletes "legally"(kind of a grey-area PED-wise) now, but are still technically in the testing phase. I think Kobe Bryant is the most high profile example, but I'm an MMA fan, so I've mainly seen it mentioned for a bunch of the more successful fighters who've had partial ligament tears in the last year or two.
How are the results so far ?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Jesus christ stop beeing a $#@!ing idiot and read what i said.

I was talking about recovery from training/workout and competition. Not injury.

Someone trainslate what i said from english to $#@!ing moron, so this guy can understand it.

Obviously the only MORON here is you.Where ,AT YOUR FIRST POST YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HIS RECOVERY,YOU FUCKING PUMPING IRON IDIOT???? As I said ,usual Zach.There you mention Ibuprofene as a medicament for a healing process you fucking idiot.Where did you mention that this only a medicine for a healing process ??But you think that nobody will understand your idiot's "expert" pumping iron statements and then you start reiterating. So ,only fuck off ,you and your stupid pumping iron healing processes an stupid theories.
THIS IS THE SAME ISSUE WHEN YOU CLAIM THAT VIDAL'S injury was a muscular ,not a knee/issue.
You are funny.
Continue explaining us what kind of injury is this.Maybe someone will believe you.
Just read your first post and don't try to make a fool of yourself.:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)