Claudio Marchisio (16 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Doping has no positive effect on tendons or ligaments, only muscles.

But Ligament injuries are much more serious for a football player then an NFL player.
The reason I chose a running back is due to the fact they place absolutely Huge stresses on the knee joint, which is why ACL injuries are so prevalent in running backs. It's quite untrue imo that a CDM places anywhere near those stresses on his ligaments. The levelling factor is that a RB has a large amount more muscle supporting his ligaments.

@Ocelot

The reason I mentioned AP is that it is an example of an athlete coming back from what was considered a catastrophic and basically career ending injury in the 80s and 90s and setting NFL records. Surgical developments and medical treatments for such sports injuries have improved dramatically in the past 20 years.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The reason I chose a running back is due to the fact they place absolutely Huge stresses on the knee joint, which is why ACL injuries are so prevalent in running backs. It's quite untrue imo that a CDM places anywhere near those stresses on his ligaments. The levelling factor is that a RB has a large amount more muscle supporting his ligaments.

@Ocelot

The reason I mentioned AP is that it is an example of an athlete coming back from what was considered a catastrophic and basically career ending injury in the 80s and 90s and setting NFL records. Surgical developments and medical treatments for such sports injuries have improved dramatically in the past 20 years.
Point taken :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why are you trying to take Ocelot's place?
I do powerlifter at a decent level. Tendons are what determines the amount of effort i'm allowed to train at a given volume and frequency.

When not using aromatising steroids, tendons get bigger and stronger as the muscle gets stronger and bigger. NFL players are quite bulked, so they got strong tendons. Less likely to get injured aswel cause it takes more force to tear into them, and they are more resistant. They can make a better recovery because the bigger tendon grows back togheter at the same pace a small tendon will, when operated correctly. Because of this, they'll be quicker at certain tendon strenghts and can begin revalidation quicker, and their revalidation will be faster.

Football players cannot bulk up, like the low weight (-63 etc) lifters,their tendons are much more initiated in everything they do, whilst beeing smaller cause less muscle around, when they get a brutal challenge, the amount of force required to break it, is alot smaller.

HOWEVER
Marchisio isnt a pace depending player, he's a stamina player with a decent speed. We arent talking about Ronaldo, Bale, Cuadrado,.. A CDM/CM doesnt need pace and agility to be on top of his game, he needs stamina. Marchisio can come back from this and gain a little weight, which is usually what they recommend to players who had this
-Both Del Piero and ROnaldo stopped having ligament tears once they put on extra mass. They werent as good as before cause their game needed the pace and agility.

SO yeah, Marchisio will be out for approximately 4-6 months if its the ACL. But he'll come back to his previous form.

Be happy it wasent dybala.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I do powerlifter at a decent level. Tendons are what determines the amount of effort i'm allowed to train at a given volume and frequency.

When not using aromatising steroids, tendons get bigger and stronger as the muscle gets stronger and bigger. NFL players are quite bulked, so they got strong tendons. Less likely to get injured aswel cause it takes more force to tear into them, and they are more resistant. They can make a better recovery because the bigger tendon grows back togheter at the same pace a small tendon will, when operated correctly. Because of this, they'll be quicker at certain tendon strenghts and can begin revalidation quicker, and their revalidation will be faster.

Football players cannot bulk up, like the low weight (-63 etc) lifters,their tendons are much more initiated in everything they do, whilst beeing smaller cause less muscle around, when they get a brutal challenge, the amount of force required to break it, is alot smaller.

HOWEVER
Marchisio isnt a pace depending player, he's a stamina player with a decent speed. We arent talking about Ronaldo, Bale, Cuadrado,.. A CDM/CM doesnt need pace and agility to be on top of his game, he needs stamina. Marchisio can come back from this and gain a little weight, which is usually what they recommend to players who had this
-Both Del Piero and ROnaldo stopped having ligament tears once they put on extra mass. They werent as good as before cause their game needed the pace and agility.

SO yeah, Marchisio will be out for approximately 4-6 months if its the ACL. But he'll come back to his previous form.

Be happy it wasent dybala.
:agree:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
. It's quite untrue imo that a CDM places anywhere near those stresses on his ligaments. The levelling factor is that a RB has a large amount more muscle supporting his ligaments.
Its not about the stress. THe RB will place more stress. But his tendons can handle much more relative to a cdm. See my post above.

We basically agree

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Marchisio knee injury scare
By Football Italia staff

There are fears for Claudio Marchisio’s season and Euro 2016 after the Juventus midfielder was stretchered off.

He fell awkwardly during a tackle in the opening minutes of today’s Serie A meeting with Palermo in Turin.

Marchisio appeared to sprain his left knee and was stretchered off in visible pain.

Initial reports from the Juventus staff confirm a sprain and there will be tests to ascertain ligament damage tomorrow.
:scared:

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
The way it happened I assumed it would've been the MCL, but you don't want to be tearing any of your knees' ligaments. If it ends up requiring surgery I doubt we'll see much of him before 2017, as recovery from those types of surgeries tends to take 6 months before you can even start training again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)