Claudio Marchisio (54 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
The only medication that has a positive effect on tendon/ligament function, are non steroidal anti inflammatory agents (NSAID).

Like ibuprofene for example
Zach what are you writing is a pure nonsense.
Ibuprofene is for a usual swelling and NOT FOR A POSSIBLE LIGAMENT ISSUE DUDE.
It's like healing a cancer with an aspirine.
Please stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it's not a full tear and he can avoid surgery.
I hope that too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach what are you writing is a pure nonsense.
Ibuprofene is for a usual swelling and NOT FOR A POSSIBLE LIGAMENT ISSUE DUDE.
It's like healing a cancer with an aspirine.
Please stop.
So basically

"positive effect on tendon/ligament function"

means the same as

"treatment of torn ligaments"

According to you ?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
The way it happened I assumed it would've been the MCL, but you don't want to be tearing any of your knees' ligaments. If it ends up requiring surgery I doubt we'll see much of him before 2017, as recovery from those types of surgeries tends to take 6 months before you can even start training again.
Exactly.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
So basically

"positive effect on tendon/ligament function"

means the same as

"treatment of torn ligaments"

According to you ?
Usuall Zach.Never admits his statements when he knews that he is wrong.
What "positive effects will Ibuprofene do if he need a surgery or a serious therapy which requires months"?
I am giving you precise answer.
If he needs (please not that happens) a surgery due to a ligament injury/tear or a tendon injury. Ibuprofene will helps him nothing.
Am I clear Zach?
Vitamine C will do much more help in this situation than a medicine that you mentioned in this case ,for a quicker healing .
So ,do, your pumping iron session and don't write this kind of posts.
One thing is a usual swelling, and completely another a serious ligament injury.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just to clarify for those who dont know why i'm ridiculing Dukac post.

Tendons and ligaments are a tricky thing to develop. Where there is all kinds of doping, mostly steroids, have a very direct impact on muscle growth, strenght and microtrauma recovery, the same is not true for tendons.
There is not a single medication out there that will speed up the recovery of tendon damage trough training or otherwise. There is not a single drug that will increase its strenght and resillience.

The ONLY substance that has a positive effect on tendons, are NSAID's. Tendons improve trough stress and recovery. Naturally, they inflammate a little bit after stress and during recovery. When working high frequency and volumes at a high load, the lingering inflammation builds up to actually inflammation of the tendon. This inflammation slows down the recovery and will decrease the function of the tendon when stressed if it builds up too high.

NSAID's combat this inflammation, allowing tendons to recover at their normal speed, and keeping away actual tendinitis. In strenghtsports, NSAID's are by far the drug with the biggest impact thats not on the doping list.

When a tendon tears however, it needs to recover naturally, without stress so no inflammation is present. and tendons recover MUCH slower then muscles

Ligaments follow the same principles.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Usuall Zach.Never admits his statements when he knews that he is wrong.
What "positive effects will Ibuprofene do if he need a surgery or a serious therapy which requires months"?
I am giving you precise answer.
If he needs (please not that happens) a surgery due to a ligament injury/tear or a tendon injury. Ibuprofene will helps him nothing.
Am I clear Zach?
Vitamine C will do much more help in this situation than a medicine that you mentioned in this case ,for a quicker healing .
So ,do, your pumping iron session and don't write this kind of posts.
One thing is a usual swelling, and completely another a serious ligament injury.
You arent getting the point

The discussion was comparing NFL to football. Someone mentionned drugs. My point was that there is no drug that improve the tendons or ligaments. Only NSAID's who keep their recovery speed from training/competition at the maximum natural pace,because they take away the inflammatory response that will hinder the natural recovery.

I'm not talking about recovering from an injury. That also recovers trough the natural recovery system, and can only aided by surgery to remove bad scar tissue.

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed, Bad News, ACL

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
They confirmed a strain, they havent confirmed the actual damage ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)