[CL] Porto 0-2 JUVENTUS [22nd February, 2017] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Alex Sandro

• Dani Alves

• Pjaca

• Lichtsteiner

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't watch Porto...are they good on the counter? Do they have attackers with pace who could catch us on the break if we play 4-2-3-1?
I've seen them quite a bit this year, I talked in length in the CL thread but in short no their attackers ain't fast but they will look at every opportunity to pass the ball on the flanks and maybe put a cross or have some sort of counter style about them in which they will often break through pereira. Key players are corona, periera and soares. The latter has hit some form recently and will get a lot of help from silva. Have no doubt one bit that the first half they will cause us lots of problems and may end up scoring in first half, but it is a game of two half's and Porto have shown a generally much weaker performance second half. This is where we should pounce and try to win the game. We're going to see a dirty maxi pereira and maybe one or two others.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #169
    Think we might draw this 1-1 or maybe even lose by a goal if we let our guard slip even once. Porto are actually a very terrifying team at the Dragao where they DESTROYED Leicester 5-0, CRUSHED Roma 3-0 and even WRECKED Bayern 3-1 last season. We have to show some real tenacity if we are to keep them from scoring. Think most of the match will be us taking lots of hits and hitting back on the counter. When we play them at Juve Stadium though were gonna massacre them, but I wouldn't be overly disappointed from a draw from the Dragao if we manage to score once or twice away.
    lol

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
    Buffon
    Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
    Khedira Pjanic
    Cuadrado Dybala Mandzukic
    Higuain​

IMO this team on paper i far better than last years Atletico Madrid. We can get to the final with the right mentality.

Not to mention a Bench of : Neto, Alves, Benatia, Rugani, Asamoah, Marchisio, Rincon, Sturaro, Pjaca

dard

Feb 21, 2017
    blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/2/20/14661914/juventus-fc-porto-opposition-profile-2017-champions-league-tactics-formation

This is the best Porto profile and what should we expect from them that I've read online.

I think that Allegri will go and play cautiously, by not starting with both Brazilians in the flanks and by trusting Benatia over Rugani. I also expect that he will think twice before starting Pjanic over Marchisio, because with Pjanic, when we'll attack we'll have at least 5 players forward, risking to get hit by Porto's counters. If Chiellini and Barzagli won't start, I expect this lineup from Allegri:

Buffon
    Lichtsteiner - Bonucci - Benatia - Sandro
    -------Marchisio-------Khedira-----------
    Cuadrado-----Dybala---------Mandzukic
    ----------Higuain-------------------------

Personally, I'd go with a 4-3-3, considering all the aspects, with something like:

Buffon
    Alves---Bonucci---Benatia---Sandro
    Khedira----Marchisio---------Pjanic
    Dybala-----Higuain--------Mandzukic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)