[CL] Porto 0-2 JUVENTUS [22nd February, 2017] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Alex Sandro

• Dani Alves

• Pjaca

• Lichtsteiner

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That Palmeri is the only idiot on Twitter who thought the ref had a bad game :rofl:

Fat fucking Interista loser.

- - - Updated - - -

:inter:

Happy about the result now, mate? How did you follow the game?
Definitely. Though I still think we are incredibly wasteful with our chances and that's a bit worrying when considering we'll see A LOT less of the ball against better sides should we progress (most likely scenario at this point of course). In the return leg maybe we'll see a more focused Porto, that should be a better indication of where we stand. Unless of course they're even more pumped up to do dumb shit and get more players sent off :p.

I get updates through an app called FotMob then watched it when I came home.

What about you? Worth staying up for?

:lol: :lol: That's so ugly

Let me guess, it is hipster bar?
No idea, never went in there :D. Old coworkers used to go all the time though so I'm assuming just some yuppie place. It's in Tribeca so it's just $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

They do seem like nice people at least, have to say. Meanwhile the Inter forum seems full of vitriol and hatred usually.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly you forgot the Chubby
I tried putting him in there but 'post exceeds maximum size'

- - - Updated - - -

What?

Lichtsteiner and Cuadrado in "the good"? And Pjanic in "the bad"?

good alternative facts, bro. Donald Trump would be proud. :lol2:
I'll reply to @DAiDEViL in the same post.

As a unit we looked really fluid and strong as a unit. Khedira in particular looked like he knew the right place to be at all times.

What I noticed was Pjanic often making the wrong decision or finding himself in a tight spot which wasn't happening the same way to our other players. Pjanic has his moments of brilliance but I still get a sense he's still not althogether settled in here yet. Can't wait to see the 100% Pjanic.

And PI yes - Lichtsteiner was our best player today besides Khedira. U mad? At least I put Mario in with the bad - are we agreed there? :D

- - - Updated - - -

What?

Lichtsteiner and Cuadrado in "the good"? And Pjanic in "the bad"?

good alternative facts, bro. Donald Trump would be proud. :lol2:
I'll reply to @DAiDEViL in the same post.

As a unit we looked really fluid and strong as a unit. Khedira in particular looked like he knew the right place to be at all times.

What I noticed was Pjanic often making the wrong decision or finding himself in a tight spot which wasn't happening the same way to our other players. Pjanic has his moments of brilliance but I still get a sense he's still not althogether settled in here yet. Can't wait to see the 100% Pjanic.

And PI yes - Lichtsteiner was our best player today besides Khedira. U mad? At least I put Mario in with the bad - are we agreed there? :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What the heck man? I know you dislike Miralem, and have a weird obsession with Licht, but these Alternative facts are silly.

Pjanic was better than Sami today. Sami did a good job of killing several attacks though, with terrible off target shots. Mostly kidding though, as I do think Sami had a good match too, but Pjanic was better. Even Tuz people who spent the first 4 months bashing the guy saw what a fine match he played today. He was fantastic. Most touches, most passes, 90% pass accuracy on 113 passes, including 10/13 on long balls, and 3 key passes. Add to that the dink over the top that Higgy messed his touch up on, and the through ball that caught Higgy flat-footed... He was brilliant today. He's not as good positionally as Sami, not today, or most days really, but the comment about his decision-making, and misplaced passes is not backed up by having watched the match nor by the statistics.

Licht got a man sent off. Fantastic. That was his contribution. Him and Cuadrado were appallingly bad going forward on that wing. Especially Cuadrado. I have no idea how you can call his match "good". There was a reason Allegri yanked him so early (a coach who rarely subs that early). He was our worst player.

Mandzu was invisible. Have no idea what the guy was doing on the pitch today. He looked very disinterested.

Sandro and Pjanic were most effective Juve players on the pitch today in my opinion. Khedira would be next.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
also cuadrado was not spot on.. in fact i dont liked him at all today..way too many mistaken passes and silly decitions. He has been much better

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cuadrado often looks bad when we are playing a possession game against inferior teams. Much better when he can counter and run at opponents, without the slow build-up where he seems to overthink things and make bizarre decisions with the ball.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Tonight I realized just how lucky we were with the draw. Watching PSG, Bayern and Real, and then seeing Porto tonight. Pheeeew.

Luck is so important in CL. It's mindless to claim that in order to win the CL you must beat the best teams. Real showed us last year that beating one strong team can be enough. Same thing happened with Porto in 2003/04. They beat United and then they had Lyon, La Coruna and Monaco on their way to the CL trophy.

That's why, I'd take as many lucky draws possible. Please give me the winner of Sevilla-Leicester in the quarters. Place the winner or City-Monaco against the winner of Benfica-Dortmund in another quarter and then give us the winner of that duel in the semis.
This. So much this.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Porto playing some dirty football and then they complain to the ref, lol.

Great win. Kudos to the coach and the players for being patient and bringing home the QF.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:rofl: :rofl:
[video=twitter;834496090468712449]https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/834496090468712449[/video]
wtf, he's not simply salty and dumb, he's a cheap attention whore. i wish i could feed him to my pigs.

- - - Updated - - -

That Palmeri is the only idiot on Twitter who thought the ref had a bad game :rofl:

Fat fucking Interista loser.
just read through his tweets from last night. no mention of the wrongly disallowed goal :D

edit: sorry, he actually did mention it in a short italian tweet.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Porto playing some dirty football and then they complain to the ref, lol.

Great win. Kudos to the coach and the players for being patient and bringing home the QF.
Ball bounces off Pjanic's chest and they ask for a yellow card for hand-ball ::lol3::

We've played heaps of these mid-range cuntish CL teams. Sevilla, Lyon, Porto...all very similar styles and mentality. Love when we beat them.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Thouroughly enthralling game of football. Until the red card it was looking like a 1-0 game with whoever blinked first conceding the only goal. Porto really impressed me. They played a little bit dirtier than I like but they worked hard, didn't give up and made a hell of a noise in the stadium :tup:

As for us:

The Good:

Lichtsteiner - vintage performance from this guy. Lunacy to leave him out of our group stage team. Worked his fucking ass off getting forward and in defence. Plus he trolled the ref into the second yellow for Telles. First on the scene to celebrate with his replacement for the 2nd goal.
Khedira - phenominal today. Especially so in the first half he looked super super classy. Brilliant, briliant performance.
Barzagli - with every year and every injury I think 'Ach that's probably him finally finished now' and then he comes back into a crucial game in Porto's cauldron and bosses the game. Unbelievable.
Alex Sandro - Tireless running, astute decision making and some brilliant crosses.
Cuadrado - this guy's technique is far better than you'd expect from a player of his type, some great crosses tonight to go with his mesmerising dribbles.
Allegri - Spot on subs, spot on tactics and vindication for the Bonucci punishment.

The bad (tbh it's more about 'meh' than bad)
Pjanic - it's taking him quite a while to properly gel into this team. Even if he's involved in so many of our goals a large part of his passes don't come off. Looking forward to seeing him develop his game with us as the years go on.
Mandzukic - Invisible.

The ugly

Chiellini - I love Giorgio but the difference between him and Barzagli was too obvious today. A number of stupid decisions and that habit he has of putting his hands on shoulders. Strikers love that opportunity to fall down and refs will lap it up. Not trustworthy.

0-2 away win in a tough, tough game. Excellent night for Juventus.
What game did you watch ?

Khedira was good, but Pjanic was one of the best 3 players on the field and had an amazing game. Recovering balls, cutting out passes, amazing distribution.
Barzagli was quiet but good, and Chiellini was incredible. Won all ground and aireal duels, 97% pass completion and didnt do a single thing wrong.
Cuadrado was struggeling to make an impact and had a decent game but nothing special

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)