[CL] Porto 0-2 JUVENTUS [22nd February, 2017] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Alex Sandro

• Dani Alves

• Pjaca

• Lichtsteiner

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You liked the after game studio talk about italian football? It was nice, Strömberg is really passionate calcio fan.
I see envy you guys

Here in Peasant Belgium, we had 2 analysts who couldnt stop moaning about how juve was crap and how Monaco, City and PSG are clearly superior cause they score more

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Tonight I realized just how lucky we were with the draw. Watching PSG, Bayern and Real, and then seeing Porto tonight. Pheeeew.

Luck is so important in CL. It's mindless to claim that in order to win the CL you must beat the best teams. Real showed us last year that beating one strong team can be enough. Same thing happened with Porto in 2003/04. They beat United and then they had Lyon, La Coruna and Monaco on their way to the CL trophy.

That's why, I'd take as many lucky draws possible. Please give me the winner of Sevilla-Leicester in the quarters. Place the winner or City-Monaco against the winner of Benfica-Dortmund in another quarter and then give us the winner of that duel in the semis.
Real have been unusually lucky in their draws, but Bayern and Barca had the some of the toughest possible draws in 2013 and 2015. Atletico too, very tough draws in 2014 and 2016.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah a Serie A game against a bad side (Crotone qualifies) - We played in 2nd gear - We would have destroyed Porto in 1st gear... but I guess Allegri isnt intrested in finishing it too early otherwise we wont be able to sell our away tickets :wink:
I seriously don't understand what you're writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think taking out their best player was also a terrible decision?
But I get why, since he was already carded. I guess the coach hoped for a 0-0 and maybe an away gol and a lucky draw in Turin. Maybe he too realized how they we're outplayed minute for minute - even with 11 players on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Was really worried that this was heading towards a 0-0 after the red card :D

Struggled a lot too + some bad luck, could have easily ended up both scoreless and 4:0.

Not gonna say anything about our chances to go through (@Haengeböffer (get yourself a name you can type with a normal keyboard ffs) @DAiDEViL), but it's not looking that bad.
I thought 0-0 too

And I already asked them to change back my username a long time ago. Actually. It was shortly after I changed it to this.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Tonight I realized just how lucky we were with the draw. Watching PSG, Bayern and Real, and then seeing Porto tonight. Pheeeew.

Luck is so important in CL. It's mindless to claim that in order to win the CL you must beat the best teams. Real showed us last year that beating one strong team can be enough. Same thing happened with Porto in 2003/04. They beat United and then they had Lyon, La Coruna and Monaco on their way to the CL trophy.

That's why, I'd take as many lucky draws possible. Please give me the winner of Sevilla-Leicester in the quarters. Place the winner or City-Monaco against the winner of Benfica-Dortmund in another quarter and then give us the winner of that duel in the semis.
Can't live with our heads under the sand forever. We will eventually face at least one big team and regardless, we should be building towards being a team that everyone fears, not looking for the easy way out to win trophies.

Though if we get a lot of lucky draws and win it I won't be complaining, but I want us to be a yearly contender, not a one off lucky draw winner.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Not a popular view here, but that effect has been extremely obvious in our past few CL journeys.

When we got to the final, the only other contender we had to beat was Real in the semis.

On the other hand, we had some bad luck by getting Bayern twice rather early.
It's really stupid. Real basically won The CL by beating meh teams last year. So did Portugal in The Euros (they only drawed, though)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Can't live with our heads under the sand forever. We will eventually face at least one big team and regardless, we should be building towards being a team that everyone fears, not looking for the easy way out to win trophies.

Though if we get a lot of lucky draws and win it I won't be complaining, but I want us to be a yearly contender, not a one off lucky draw winner.
When big Titans meet then it's usually 50-50 60-40 or whatever and the game falls to the smallest of details. Personally we missed out on winning this trophy too many times, if there is anyone who deserve luck its us.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Thouroughly enthralling game of football. Until the red card it was looking like a 1-0 game with whoever blinked first conceding the only goal. Porto really impressed me. They played a little bit dirtier than I like but they worked hard, didn't give up and made a hell of a noise in the stadium :tup:

As for us:

The Good:

Lichtsteiner - vintage performance from this guy. Lunacy to leave him out of our group stage team. Worked his fucking ass off getting forward and in defence. Plus he trolled the ref into the second yellow for Telles. First on the scene to celebrate with his replacement for the 2nd goal.
Khedira - phenominal today. Especially so in the first half he looked super super classy. Brilliant, briliant performance.
Barzagli - with every year and every injury I think 'Ach that's probably him finally finished now' and then he comes back into a crucial game in Porto's cauldron and bosses the game. Unbelievable.
Alex Sandro - Tireless running, astute decision making and some brilliant crosses.
Cuadrado - this guy's technique is far better than you'd expect from a player of his type, some great crosses tonight to go with his mesmerising dribbles.
Allegri - Spot on subs, spot on tactics and vindication for the Bonucci punishment.

The bad (tbh it's more about 'meh' than bad)
Pjanic - it's taking him quite a while to properly gel into this team. Even if he's involved in so many of our goals a large part of his passes don't come off. Looking forward to seeing him develop his game with us as the years go on.
Mandzukic - Invisible.

The ugly

Chiellini - I love Giorgio but the difference between him and Barzagli was too obvious today. A number of stupid decisions and that habit he has of putting his hands on shoulders. Strikers love that opportunity to fall down and refs will lap it up. Not trustworthy.

0-2 away win in a tough, tough game. Excellent night for Juventus.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thouroughly enthralling game of football. Until the red card it was looking like a 1-0 game with whoever blinked first conceding the only goal. Porto really impressed me. They played a little bit dirtier than I like but they worked hard, didn't give up and made a hell of a noise in the stadium :tup:

As for us:

The Good:

Lichtsteiner - vintage performance from this guy. Lunacy to leave him out of our group stage team. Worked his fucking ass off getting forward and in defence. Plus he trolled the ref into the second yellow for Telles. First on the scene to celebrate with his replacement for the 2nd goal.
Khedira - phenominal today. Especially so in the first half he looked super super classy. Brilliant, briliant performance.
Barzagli - with every year and every injury I think 'Ach that's probably him finally finished now' and then he comes back into a crucial game in Porto's cauldron and bosses the game. Unbelievable.
Alex Sandro - Tireless running, astute decision making and some brilliant crosses.
Cuadrado - this guy's technique is far better than you'd expect from a player of his type, some great crosses tonight to go with his mesmerising dribbles.
Allegri - Spot on subs, spot on tactics and vindication for the Bonucci punishment.

The bad (tbh it's more about 'meh' than bad)
Pjanic - it's taking him quite a while to properly gel into this team. Even if he's involved in so many of our goals a large part of his passes don't come off. Looking forward to seeing him develop his game with us as the years go on.
Mandzukic - Invisible.

The ugly

Chiellini - I love Giorgio but the difference between him and Barzagli was too obvious today. A number of stupid decisions and that habit he has of putting his hands on shoulders. Strikers love that opportunity to fall down and refs will lap it up. Not trustworthy.

0-2 away win in a tough, tough game. Excellent night for Juventus.
What?

Lichtsteiner and Cuadrado in "the good"? And Pjanic in "the bad"?

good alternative facts, bro. Donald Trump would be proud. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)