[CL] Porto 0-2 JUVENTUS [22nd February, 2017] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Alex Sandro

• Dani Alves

• Pjaca

• Lichtsteiner

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And yet a fair few people were ready to move on from him because of some meh games in the league. Guy is class on his day. I agree he can't get too complacent in Serie A though but who gives a fuck if he's clutching in the CL. I personally don't look to our RB to carry us in league games anyway.
:tup:

We got Higgy to destroy the league.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Depends on how we approach the game

If we curl up into a shell like we used to and rely on a lucky break then yeah he needs to be kept far away.

If we're playing our own game, why not? Guy has made a career coming up against Ronaldo several times a Year in the biggest club game in World football and come off more than well on many occasions.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have no idea who their best player is. I guess you mean that kid-attacker who was subbed first. My commentators were also wondering why, even if it was logical to take off an attacker, the Porto coach took off the faster one instead of the physically stronger and taller one. He probably had his reasons.
It looked, though, that no matter what the Porto coach did after that red, his team was surely losing this match. We are simply better and we had an advantage to play with a player more for 65 minutes.
He is responsible for over 35% of their goals. I had no idea either but my commentator gave this information. The reason they think is that he risks suspension if he gets a yellow card.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dani Alves has been pretty clutch offensively in the Champions League: Scored 2, assisted 2 and I think he caused at least 1 own goal for the opposition this season. A machine going forward.
Its like people forget he is actually a top player who will go down as an utter legend when he retires.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Don't you think taking out their best player was also a terrible decision?
Yeah it was Silva, who is hard working and would have dropped back. It was certainly strange to see them do that but soares the guy they kept on, has been on a goalscoring form recently so I can kind of see what their coach wanted to do.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is responsible for over 35% of their goals. I had no idea either but my commentator gave this information. The reason they think is that he risks suspension if he gets a yellow card.
You liked the after game studio talk about italian football? It was nice, Strömberg is really passionate calcio fan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I missed it because like a fool I kept the channel at TV3 :lol2:
Lol I realized after 5 minutes hey studio isnt here lol, only missed bits of Sevilla game. Then Lagerbäck and Strömberg started to circle jerk about italian tactical footie. Lagerbäck went as far back as 60s, firs time he say azzurri score an early goal vs Romania in a friendly and just kept the ball rest of the game without attacking, tactical trolling :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lol I realized after 5 minutes hey studio isnt here lol, only missed bits of Sevilla game. Then Lagerbäck and Strömberg started to circle jerk about italian tactical footie. Lagerbäck went as far back as 60s, firs time he say azzurri score an early goal vs Romania in a friendly and just kept the ball rest of the game without attacking, tactical trolling :D
I am watching now, I have Viaplay :D They are fun

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Was really worried that this was heading towards a 0-0 after the red card :D

Struggled a lot too + some bad luck, could have easily ended up both scoreless and 4:0.

Not gonna say anything about our chances to go through (@Haengeböffer (get yourself a name you can type with a normal keyboard ffs) @DAiDEViL), but it's not looking that bad.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Tonight I realized just how lucky we were with the draw. Watching PSG, Bayern and Real, and then seeing Porto tonight. Pheeeew.

Luck is so important in CL. It's mindless to claim that in order to win the CL you must beat the best teams. Real showed us last year that beating one strong team can be enough. Same thing happened with Porto in 2003/04. They beat United and then they had Lyon, La Coruna and Monaco on their way to the CL trophy.

That's why, I'd take as many lucky draws possible. Please give me the winner of Sevilla-Leicester in the quarters. Place the winner or City-Monaco against the winner of Benfica-Dortmund in another quarter and then give us the winner of that duel in the semis.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Tonight I realized just how lucky we were with the draw. Watching PSG, Bayern and Real, and then seeing Porto tonight. Pheeeew.

Luck is so important in CL. It's mindless to claim that in order to win the CL you must beat the best teams. Real showed us last year that beating one strong team can be enough. Same thing happened with Porto in 2003/04. They beat United and then they had Lyon, La Coruna and Monaco on their way to the CL trophy.

That's why, I'd take as many lucky draws possible. Please give me the winner of Sevilla-Leicester in the quarters. Place the winner or City-Monaco against the winner of Benfica-Dortmund in another quarter and then give us the winner of that duel in the semis.
Not a popular view here, but that effect has been extremely obvious in our past few CL journeys.

When we got to the final, the only other contender we had to beat was Real in the semis.

On the other hand, we had some bad luck by getting Bayern twice rather early.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Amen

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)