[CL] JUVENTUS 2-0 Malmö (September 16th 2014) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Pogba

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
you missed it???

- - - Updated - - -

tevez is such a monster, really dont know where we would be without him. Asamoah ahd a really good first half, but didnt shine as much in the second, Licht really made their defense suffer, and Caceres did really good anticipating their attackers. Overall medicore performance from the team, pogba marchisio and evra were underwhelming, we really missed vidal and pirlo.
Not sure about that. I fear that his return could shift us into super-slow motion mode in Europe, which isn't ideal there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:p i like your posts in the marchisio thread then, also i recommend reading the live thread before we scored then compare it to what was written in the allegri thread after the game concluded :p

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about that. I fear that his return could shift us into super-slow motion mode in Europe, which isn't ideal there.

malmo hardly gave us any fast break opportunities

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:p i like your posts in the marchisio thread then, also i recommend reading the live thread before we scored then compare it to what was written in the allegri thread after the game concluded :p
I was present, sir, reading all the doom and gloom, knowing there was nothing to worry about :stuckup:. What am I supposed to be looking for, Tuz fickleness?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This was supposed to be our easiest match of the entire Champions League this season, after all. It's only downhill from here. :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This was supposed to be our easiest match of the entire Champions League this season, after all. It's only downhill from here. :D
Actually it's probably our toughest :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing how we square up against Atletico in a few weeks. Will be one hell of a game. Atletico will really be looking to go for a win, so that might blunt their counter attacking style a bit, we could take advantage. I really hope Pirlo and Vidal are back by then.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are people seriously whining about our performance today, where we won 2-0, with 21 attempts (7 on goal) to 4 attempts (1 on goal), and 79% possession to 21%, and 0 yellow cards (yes, this is important)...

:sergio:

Edit.

They didn't have a single attempt at goal after the 34th minute, that's how dominant we were for the last hour. Not even a single attempt from distance, nor a blocked attempt, nothing for the entire last hour.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Are people seriously whining about our performance today, where we won 2-0, with 21 attempts (7 on goal) to 4 attempts (1 on goal), and 79% possession to 21%, and 0 yellow cards (yes, this is important)...

:sergio:

Edit.

They didn't have a single attempt at goal after the 34th minute, that's how dominant we were for the last hour. Not even a single attempt from distance, nor a blocked attempt, nothing for the entire last hour.
despite the stats however, we were at too many times looked NOT menacing enough as a club of our status, we too often look clueless and unable to even threatening them enough, remember this is malmo not real madrid.

we still very much lack advanced attacking element/flair... the 1st goal for example, such a move should've been attempted much earlier in the game and IIRC we didn't even try that before that goal... we really need that attacking midfielder or creative wingers, 3 CBs, 3CMs and 2 relatively skill less wing backs cannot offer us enough attacking flair.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
despite the stats however, we were at too many times looked NOT menacing enough as a club of our status, we too often look clueless and unable to even threatening them enough, remember this is malmo not real madrid.

we still very much lack advanced attacking element/flair... the 1st goal for example, such a move should've been attempted much earlier in the game and IIRC we didn't even try that before that goal... we really need that attacking midfielder or creative wingers, 3 CBs, 3CMs and 2 relatively skill less wing backs cannot offer us enough attacking flair.
Enough with the attacking flair nonsense. We had plenty of it in this match. And we had plenty of decent chances before our goal. Of course this is Malmo, not Real Madrid. 79% possession wouldn't happen against Madrid. Limiting an opposing side to 4 attempts on goal, and not 1 for an entire hour of the match doesn't happen against any team besides Malmo. We could easily have scored 4-5 goals from the chances we created this match. Easily. We didn't. So we won 2-0, instead of 4-0 or 5-0.

Also, we're not Real Madrid. We're not always going to bury 5 goals against mediocre teams. We're rarely that clinical with our chances. Utter domination and a 2-0 win is a performance I'll always be happy with, regardless of opponent.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Enough with the attacking flair nonsense. We had plenty of it in this match. And we had plenty of decent chances before our goal. Of course this is Malmo, not Real Madrid. 79% possession wouldn't happen against Madrid. Limiting an opposing side to 4 attempts on goal, and not 1 for an entire hour of the match doesn't happen against any team besides Malmo. We could easily have scored 4-5 goals from the chances we created this match. Easily. We didn't. So we won 2-0, instead of 4-0 or 5-0.

Also, we're not Real Madrid. We're not always going to bury 5 goals against mediocre teams. We're rarely that clinical with our chances. Utter domination and a 2-0 win is a performance I'll always be happy with, regardless of opponent.
This. The first wasn't very good but second half we created plenty chances and in the end I couldn't believe we only won 2-0. Could've been so much more.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
First half performance was so bad I thought Conte had returned to manage us.

The second half was better, but this was also in part because after Tevez scored the first, Malmo lost some of their discipline and it opened the game up much more for us. Had Malmo still kept their shape we wouldn't have created a lot.

Llorente was our worst player for me, when he's surrounded by defenders he contributes nothing to the team. He was way too static and missed a sitter to put the game beyond doubt. Morata should start vs Meelan on Saturday.

MOM was obviously Tevez, but I thought Caceres was once again fantastic, Barza is going to have a hard time winning his spot back when he returns from injury. Asa was also very good. Lict exceptional too.

Get a draw in Madrid and I think we have set ourselves up nicely.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
First half performance was so bad I thought Conte had returned to manage us.

The second half was better, but this was also in part because after Tevez scored the first, Malmo lost some of their discipline and it opened the game up much more for us. Had Malmo still kept their shape we wouldn't have created a lot.

Llorente was our worst player for me, when he's surrounded by defenders he contributes nothing to the team. He was way too static and missed a sitter to put the game beyond doubt. Morata should start vs Meelan on Saturday.

MOM was obviously Tevez, but I thought Caceres was once again fantastic, Barza is going to have a hard time winning his spot back when he returns from injury. Asa was also very good. Lict exceptional too.

Get a draw in Madrid and I think we have set ourselves up nicely.
Barzagli has been our best defender by miles out there. He'll simply stroll into the starting line-up. If someone should be worried it's Chiellini who was awful at times last season...

enzo

May 14, 2012
decent performance. thought better than anything last season save for RM games.
Totally agree. Finally a victory in the first match of the group phase. People are complaining, but keep forgetting our first match last year: 1-1 against København.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Totally agree. Finally a victory in the first match of the group phase. People are complaining, but keep forgetting our first match last year: 1-1 against København.
Lets hope this inspires them for better result and less poor displays.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
To be fair; Kopenhagen is a better team than this Malmö. They probably won't win a single point in this group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)