[CL] JUVENTUS 2-0 Malmö (September 16th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Pogba

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/juve-malmo-statistics
Crosses made by Stephan Lichtsteiner: a joint-record in yesterday’s games.
Juventus shots on goal, seven of which hit the target. It was another quiet night for Gigi Buffon, who was called into action just once early on.
70.8%
Ball possession enjoyed by the commanding hosts.
Martin Caceres shone in several respects last night, topping the passes completed leaderboard (80) and making the most recoveries (20).
90.1%
Pass completion rate: a record for the Bianconeri in a single Champions League game since 2003/04.

:shocked::tuttosport:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Loved Asa's long rong shots tho.
What an odd thing to say.

Llorente was our worst player for me, when he's surrounded by defenders he contributes nothing to the team.
It's worth remembering that when Llorente is surrounded by defenders, he is surrounded by defenders.

To a fairly significant extent, drawing defenders in means that he is doing his job as that means there must be space somewhere else for Juve to exploit.

You can see it working well at about 40 seconds:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What an odd thing to say.
Loved Bonucci's long balls tho? :p

It's worth remembering that when Llorente is surrounded by defenders, he is surrounded by defenders.

To a fairly significant extent, drawing defenders in means that he is doing his job as that means there must be space somewhere else for Juve to exploit.

You can see it working well at about 40 seconds:

:tup:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
1st half horrible, second one pretty good.

The 1st half looked like Conte's Juve last season. So much pressure on the players and they were very nervous. It doesn't matter how or when, just move it forward as fast as possible and let Tevez worry about the rest. In the second half it looked much better, finally the players went out to play football. I have to admit Allegri's mark is already visible on this team and to my surprise he (IMO) improved Conte's 352 which I'd have never thought would be possible. Props to Allegri as I saw him as huge downgrade to Conte at first. So far he's focused on the most important things this team is lacking: possession, attacking, pace and passing.

It was all enough to win last night but Allegri has to think of something better for the next games. This Juve has to play faster and more direct in attack while not dropping back to deep defense while losing possession. Otherwise Atletico will eat us alive. Hopefully Barzagli comes back soon enough to try out the '4-3-something'. At the moment the 'something' I think should contain a trident of Tevez - Llorente/Morata - Pereyra. The rest is pretty obvious.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
1st half horrible, second one pretty good.

The 1st half looked like Conte's Juve last season. So much pressure on the players and they were very nervous. It doesn't matter how or when, just move it forward as fast as possible and let Tevez worry about the rest. In the second half it looked much better, finally the players went out to play football. I have to admit Allegri's mark is already visible on this team and to my surprise he (IMO) improved Conte's 352 which I'd have never thought would be possible. Props to Allegri as I saw him as huge downgrade to Conte at first. So far he's focused on the most important things this team is lacking: possession, attacking, pace and passing.

It was all enough to win last night but Allegri has to think of something better for the next games. This Juve has to play faster and more direct in attack while not dropping back to deep defense while losing possession. Otherwise Atletico will eat us alive. Hopefully Barzagli comes back soon enough to try out the '4-3-something'. At the moment the 'something' I think should contain a trident of Tevez - Llorente/Morata - Pereyra. The rest is pretty obvious.
+1.
Agree:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)