[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Few members said we were robbed. Almost everyone says Barcelona deserved to win (in a game where both teams deserved to win), but to deny that the ref favoured Barcelona is completely ridiculous.
My assessment of the ref is that he was lenient with Vidal, fair on the penalty and wrong on the foul. If Busquets was doing the same behavior of Vidal I have a strong feeling everyone here would have been saying he should have been red carded or at the very least many refs would have carded him. Look at the live match thread and you'll see how many times we freaked out and thought that was it. Even on twitter some players wrote they'd be surprised if Vidal finishes this match.

I say fair on the penalty because I really think its a very soft call that could go either way. I don't expect a CL final ref to give a penalty for something that weak.

The foul was an error. I'd say it slightly favors barca especially that a goal was conceded right afterwards.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think theres an argument for calling a foul on Alves before Pogba is pulled down.
Obviously. Which makes it a prime example of a 50/50 call.

What I do know is that a lot of people would have wanted a penalty had the Lichtsteiner handball happened on the other side of the pitch. I know I would have, because we've all seen them called regularly.
So if you're talking about refereeing decisions changing the game, that's the first instance right there.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What I'm truly bitter about, is 2003, 1998 and 1997. Those were the real trolljobs by our opponents. And fuckups by ourselves. Those were the finals we had in the palm of our hand.

This one.... Well, it's always heartbreaking to lose a final. You're so close to it you can taste it. But at the end of the day, Barca was the best team overall and ran out as worthy winners.

They're the best team in Europe, there's really not much else to say about that.

For me, it was a penalty on Pogba, but it wasn't a 100 % clear-cut penalty. More like an 80 / 20 scenario. And with that "20" being there, there's always the chance that the ref will give the defender the benefit of the doubt. And he did. It happens. But he also gave Vidal and Pogba the benefit of the doubt on a couple of occasions.

It sucks to lose, but as the years go by, 2015 will not be a "bitter" final for me. 2003, 1997 and 1998, though, were soulcrushing facepalms that will haunt me for as long as I live.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I can't be arsed to read all 200+ pages and I am sure the foul on Pogba has been extensively discussed but given the penalties awarded in the Cl, that is a clear penalty. Dani Alves firstly lightly kicks the leg and then pulls him down, no brainer really, just a gutless referee.
Even the Juve hating papers in Italy (CdS and GdS of course) called it a clear penalty. That says something.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I don't really know if it's a penalty, but I know for sure that if it was a Barca player, they would have gotten it, no doubt about that. 100%

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Few members said we were robbed. Almost everyone says Barcelona deserved to win (in a game where both teams deserved to win), but to deny that the ref favoured Barcelona is completely ridiculous.
:agree:

We definitely weren't robbed, Barca were clearly the better team on the night (and in general), we probably only played better than them for about 15-20 mins of the game...BUT...that doesn't take away the fact that the referee heavily favoured Barca in most circumstances. It is already hard enough to beat a team as good as that at the best of times, but it doesn't help when almost nothing goes your way in the 50/50 calls. I don't count the Lichtsteiner penalty, because that was never in a million years a deliberate handball.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know if it's a penalty, but I know for sure that if it was a Barca player, they would have gotten it, no doubt about that. 100%
No doubt about that all.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Because we were heavy favourites in the other three finals (maybe 03 slightly less)...we were rank outsiders this time around. Hopefully, we get back into another final and we manage to win the bloody thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)