[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
@radekas,my point is ref is the last person we shud be blaming for this loss.
And i dont think he 'changed the outcome' of the game like u put it.
It was not blatant like Ovrebo.
I'm not blaming the ref on our loss but it is a simple fact that this game looks different if we get the penalty if only because there's no barca counter. Sure we might have still lost, but chances are we defend the 2-1 lead or at the very least get to the overtime.

Imo this was as blatant as possible when it comes to the "penalty area wrestling" fouls. Pogba has the ball, Alves has his arm all over Paul. Situations like this are usually whistled. I think the pression of the biggest match of the year got into the ref's head and he didn't want to "ruin" the game with a penalty. Unfortunetly for us, this caused the quick counter and ultimately the game was basically over.

Barca was generally a better team and probably deserved it more but if it was any other game I think we take a 2-1 lead in this very moment (unless someone misses the pen of course).

Buy on AliExpress.com

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Great saves involve an element of luck. Chelsea's CL win was the most extreme example of this. People didn't say Chech did his job and Chelsea were the better team.
Similarly, when we lost to Olympiakos thanks to the heroics of their keeper, very few people said he just did his job. When that happens its an indicator of the performance level of each team. We were better than Olympiakos but their keeper bailed them out.

It indicates which team was in the driving seat and which team created goal scoring opportunities and is more likely to win.
Just like great goals involve an element of luck, if you wanna look at it that way, besides I thought all of those chances were standard gigi saves.

I get what youre saying about the whole whinning about the ref and i agree with you to some extent, but still youre overemphasizing your point.
Disagreement here is youre calling barca sure winners and use buffons saves as youre reference, thus the call on Pogba is irrelevant in your view. Thats not how it works man. My point still stands.

Edit: just read your other responses, you toned down no matter what they woulda won :D I agree with your replies to keis kid.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Its fair to say we were denied some calls

Its also fair to say that could've changed the course of the game.

But to say we were 'robbed off a CL title' ?
Its like we were leading 2-1 and Barca were handed a non existent peno in injury time.Thats the kind of complaining i am witnessing in this thread.

We were 2nd best at the end of the day and could've stretched them if we had calls go our way.But we werent blatantly robbed,you know it deep inside.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:delpiero: to the video!

- - - Updated - - -

Its like we were leading 2-1 and Barca were handed a non existent peno in injury time.Thats the kind of complaining i am witnessing in this thread.

We were 2nd best at the end of the day and could've stretched them if we had calls go our way.But we werent blatantly robbed,you know it deep inside.
:agree:

This.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah...
things could have changed with a proper ref call..but we cant do shid about it. Lets get done with this and move on.

Next time..we need to be stronger to prevent this kind of outcomes.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What we got in return for that much of respect shown to Barca was losing the game and failing to realize our actual potential so I don't understand your point.
Your point was we lost because we thought Barca was so much better than us. My point is that we lost the match exactly when we got a little overconfident.
Wrong. It's as good as impossible keeping Barcelona from scoring, so you have to score. We had a lot of shots just outside their box and any other day, a couple of them could've went in.
Barca ain't invincible, they boast how they beat champions from 5 nations but I'm not convinced by them . That Munich team who beat us in quarters under conte and went onto win the damn thing we're better.

At the end of the day counters screwed us, some dodgy decisions and simply the fact that yes they had that extra edge about them. Part of me thinks we should have shut up shop after equalizer and countered them but hey it made it exciting and got us and Italian football respect from the neutral.
I was angry by the inconsistancy of the ref

Giving litterally every foul by barcelona, even if it was ball and then man
Yet decided to change that when Pogba got tackled
Didnt bother giving a penalty for fouls he had been giving all night
Didnt bother giving it when they tripped pogba for the counter

Barcelona were the best team. So were we in 38 serie a games. but we lost 3 and drew 8 or so. Because sometimes the best team isnt finishing its chances, and gets caught when the opponent does for that timeframe in wich they even it out.

We did more, we were domminating for 20 minutes, then the ref changed the entire game
Feeling very sad again. It's gonna swing back and forth like that for awhile, I suppose.

But overall I've coped well today. And it's been great being here to read and share thoughts and feelings with all you guys.

The last time I experienced such heartbreak, I wasn't a member here. That was the worst night of my life as a Juve fan, but after today I realize it would've made everything a whole lot easier back then if I could spend the aftermath here.

It's been a huge help today, being here.

Love you all! Forza Juve!
Am I the only one who feels that the penal on Pogba is a 50/50 call? Whatever he did the team left unfavored by his call would have legitimate reasons for being upset.
It probably would have given if it was on Barca
My point is that I didn't feel like the ref favored them. UEFA needs to come up with after game sanctions for dives but so far they're perfectly ok with letting that be a part of the game. It's hard to tell dives in real life and not slow mo.
honestly if ur secret weapon for winning a game is throwing llorente in, u deserve to lose.

u can't debate that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Thats the spirit everyone!

There's literally no point crying over spilt milk
Whats happened has happened and we cant change history.

But one thing i know is we'll bounce back strongly.I cant wait for next season to start already!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yeah...
things could have changed with a proper ref call..but we cant do shid about it. Lets get done with this and move on.

Next time..we need to be stronger to prevent this kind of outcomes.
:tup:

It's really too bad Tevez had such an off-game around the penalty box. He was great in the build-up, dropping deep to bring the ball forward. But once he was around that penalty box, he was so poor in this game. He could have been a big difference for us. I hope he stays and proves again next year just how great he can be, and finishes the job in the final this time!

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the spirit everyone!

There's literally no point crying over spilt milk
Whats happened has happened and we cant change history.

But one thing i know is we'll bounce back strongly.I cant wait for next season to start already!
Do you think Dybala will add something to our team next year? Or are we looking at a transitional year for him?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
i got the feeling i do something for humanity if i teach you a few things about comparisons and football.
first off, i did compare the relation between del piero to adriano to the relation between pogba and veratti. perhaps where you come from they do not teach such things in school but there are even intelligence tests that ask "apple to pears is what cars are to .....".

thank you for pointing out that there are a few nice videos about pogba, but i think i know enough about pogba by watching our matches, but you seem to lack knowledge about veratti. here you can see veratti playing against barca and you can see how they do not even stand the chance to get the ball from him and veratti even tackled barcas $#@!s (including messi) successful several times. over the games against barca he made a mockery out of their pressing attempts. he was always able to receive the ball and retain possesion.

i know that this game had less on stake, but i feel that with veratti instead of pirlo we would have easily coped with barcas pressing and might even had won against them.

Try to concentrate to write something that is worth of ,don't just write stupid comments.Where I am coming from is not of your business .Where you come from since you wrote this type of comments?Some rocky mountain where there is no TV and where your only pleasure is eating sausages and drinking beer, or you never watched any football game so you make such a stupid comparing.You started about physicality of Adriano and Pogba and now you are comparing Veratti with Pirlo.Why don't you compare him with Gigi, instead starting with this bullshit of posts. Surely you don't show much of intelligence with your posts.Don't make a fool out of you with this type of comments.I wrote in my earlier post.I have my opinion that Pogba is twice better than that midget and you can keep yours.Why you need this shit?End of story.:shutup::sergio::sergio:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm not blaming the ref on our loss but it is a simple fact that this game looks different if we get the penalty if only because there's no barca counter. Sure we might have still lost, but chances are we defend the 2-1 lead or at the very least get to the overtime.

Imo this was as blatant as possible when it comes to the "penalty area wrestling" fouls. Pogba has the ball, Alves has his arm all over Paul. Situations like this are usually whistled. I think the pression of the biggest match of the year got into the ref's head and he didn't want to "ruin" the game with a penalty. Unfortunetly for us, this caused the quick counter and ultimately the game was basically over.

Barca was generally a better team and probably deserved it more but if it was any other game I think we take a 2-1 lead in this very moment (unless someone misses the pen of course).
:tup: spot on

If this was a group stage game against Barca, that would have been called a penalty.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

We were not robbed. At all. The penalty is a 50/50 call in my opinion. What was very annoying though was the overall flow of the game. There were instances when he didn't call the foul, Messi complained and suddenly he did. And this wasn't just once. There was also an occasion where Vidal didn't even touch Neymar yet he went down and immediatelh got the foul. Busquets' antics for Vidal's yellow should have been met with a berating from the ref too imo.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Just watched Pogba vs Alves situation again. It was a clear penalty. Hands on the shoulders and pulling, while pogba has the ball and doesn't matter how strong was that pull. Even after they both fell down Alves didn't allow Pogba to get up and instantly regain the control over the ball that was still near him. I don't know how clearer the penalty can be.

In a regular situation, when it's not against Barca vs underdog team, 9 times from 10 any referee would point to the spot and if it was barca fouled against, 10 from 10 would be a penalty. That makes our defeat so much more disappointing. After a penalty and supposedly 2-1, there would be a very good chance to hold on to that 2-1, till the end of the match.

But on the other hand, I guess when you are underdog and playing against barca in a final, you should expect that it has to be 200% penalty(like clear leg kicking) to get a penalty. So no point of only relying on referee's decision even when your claim is 90% correct. That bias is part of the game and everyone knows that from the beginning of the match.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
I can't be arsed to read all 200+ pages and I am sure the foul on Pogba has been extensively discussed but given the penalties awarded in the Cl, that is a clear penalty. Dani Alves firstly lightly kicks the leg and then pulls him down, no brainer really, just a gutless referee.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He got body slammed by Alves while in possession....if it were Marchisio or Pereyra, anybody that wasn't as physically as imposing as Pogba, I think it might've been called.
I think theres an argument for calling a foul on Alves before Pogba is pulled down.

Oct 23, 2011
2nd day after the final and I'm still feeling horrible but a lot better than after the game. That is mainly thanks to you guys. Comparing this to 2003, when I was hardly 11 years old, I couldn't sleep and I cried like a little kid (literally) for days. This is much more acceptable. The way the management, the players and its fans have coped with the loss has been wonderful. We gave everything we had, lost to a better team on that night, accepted this and already started looking at ways of improvement for next season. That is what this club is about and that is why I am so incredibly in love with it. For all this I just want to say, a big thank you to all of you and we will be back even stronger next season. FINO ALLA FINE!

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I do not disagree with this at all. My whole problem was with the "Robbed" part. I never said you shouldn't be upset about the defeat we all are. No holier than thou attitude involved at all.
Few members said we were robbed. Almost everyone says Barcelona deserved to win (in a game where both teams deserved to win), but to deny that the ref favoured Barcelona is completely ridiculous.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Few members said we were robbed. Almost everyone says Barcelona deserved to win (in a game where both teams deserved to win), but to deny that the ref favoured Barcelona is completely ridiculous.
this.
I totally agree with Marotta's attitude, he was shown the foul straight after the game on Sky and he said "this is definitely a penalty but we will not whinge about it, the best team won a deserved victory"
It's a matter of style, we have it.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
this.
I totally agree with Marotta's attitude, he was shown the foul straight after the game on Sky and he said "this is definitely a penalty but we will not whinge about it, the best team won a deserved victory"
It's a matter of style, we have it.
This :tup:
It's still hurts and it will in the future but we are proud to be Juventini forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)