[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we were def beaten by the better team.

ffs guys our main creative player last night was a past it 36 year old who failed to create a single goal scoring chance.

let that sink in. 36 year old. played entire match, and zero chances created. that should tell u all u need about lack of quality. our subs included a guy that scored once in 6 months, and a very nervous and raw 18 year old.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4967865 said:
Ye, and it wasnt offside on Mijatovic goal in 1998, i think you can find explanation for every mistake that every referee have ever made against us

and it was 191q234-82359% penalty on James and on Ramos in our previous CL company, ye ye

When was the last time when the referee was on our side in every 50/50 situation inside the box?

The monaco game this season? It was debated whether or not in was in or out the box and we got the benifit of the doubt. Just saying...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Watch it again if you have forgotten. Buffon had two great saves one on Alves I think and the other on Suarez on the tight angle (the 5 against 3 counter). Suarez also had a ball that missed the edge of the goal by inches and another one that Buffon saved. There is also neymar arriving too late by a second.

We had long shots in the air or straight at the keeper. Nothing else.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Apart from 15 minutes or so, we were dominated in the second half too (but not as badly). If it wasn't for Buffon's fantastic saves and the near misses by Suarez and co we would have lost by a greater score.
Irrelevant. Barca missing chances is a direct consequence of their actions and has nothing to do with luck from our side. You cannot offset the clear-as-day pen on Pogba by saying they had lots of chances and we were lucky they didnt score

Mar 10, 2009
we were def beaten by the better team.

ffs guys our main creative player last night was a past it 36 year old who failed to create a single goal scoring chance.

let that sink in. 36 year old. played entire match, and zero chances created. that should tell u all u need about lack of quality. our subs included a guy that scored once in 6 months, and a very nervous and raw 18 year old.

I personally think we lacked the experience to be honest, though you do make a point as well. We were a nervous wreck in the first 10 minutes, such a stupid goal to concede in 4 minutes, you can tell by Vidal's lack of composure in the first half that we never had the right mentality.

I think next year will be different, this will turn out better in the long run

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The monaco game this season? It was debated whether or not in was in or out the box and we got the benifit of the doubt. Just saying...
A red card for last man denying a clear goal scoring opportunity would have been much better than a penalty. We would have been up a man for 40 minutes, plus had an amazing free kick opportunity. We might have won that game 2 or 3-0 if the ref makes the proper call of red card and free kick.

Just saying...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We were dominated throughout the first half completely with the whole team having a nervous breakdown and Vidal really testing the Referee's patience. Apart from 15 minutes or so, we were dominated in the second half too (but not as badly). If it wasn't for Buffon's fantastic saves and the near misses by Suarez and co we would have lost by a greater score. The penalty is far from a clear one and only looking at replays carefully we can tell that it would have been a soft call not a blatant foul. The 15 minutes or so that we were better during exposed us to the counters that killed the game.
wtf are you talking about. who was better, who dominated etc. thats all irrelevant. what matters is that the score was 1-1 at one point and then we were dissolved a penalty that would give us a fucking lead i the 2nd half of a CL final. are you acting dumb here or what? also, the penalty wasnt "soft". Pogba was taken down by Alves while receiving the pass in the box and about to turn around and shot. clear penalty accodring to all football rules.

15 minutes of domination in an otherwise battering don't make you d/eserve to win. We didn't even create proper chances almost at all.
You say we were robbed despite all of this as if we deserved to win the game and that the ref's maliciousness (not incompetence) is why we didn't win. This is just false.
where the fuck did i even said anything about deserving to win? and why do you keep talking about chances created, domination and stuff like that. you sound like a barca fan. what matters is the scoreline. we were even up at 1-1, then 1st got a penalty dissolved and then conceded on a counter after a clear foul on Pogba. IT DOESENT MATTER WHO DOMINATED THE GAME AT THAT POINT.is that so hard to understand? the ref decided the outcome of the game with his 2 decisions > we were robbed

Not calling a difficult to see soft penalty + a foul + ignoring Vidal's rash behavior don't make a good case for a conspiring referee. Cancelling Neymar's goal (rightfully imo) also doesn't point towards a bought referee. Robbed is definitely too strong of a word to describe what happened in the match.
bought referee? youre lost man. i never once said anyone bought the ref or anything similar.

"difficult to see soft penalty" :sergio:

"a foul" :sergio: you do realize that foul lead to the game deciding counter attack?

seriously stop before i lose the little respect i have left for you

- - - Updated - - -

oh and one more thing @Hist "if it wasnt for Buffons saves" :lol: the most stupid and retarded thing in your post. so if it wasnt for our GK doing what he is supposed to do - stop shots - we would have lost by even more. what a thing to say :sergio:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Buffon making a coupla good saves, doesnt make barca any more desrving of better results. It only means they were denied.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
People are still debating this? Definitely a handball. Intent doesn't only mean that the player intended to do it at the moment, it also means that they left their arm or hand extended out knowing that the ball might hit it. Very few defenders who concede a handball penalty actively intends to do it. But they are penalized anyway because they didn't take precautions and had placed their hands or arms at a position where the ball might hit them.

It's exactly the same with Neymar. How is this not apparent to everyone who has watched more than a few matches of football I don't understand.
Intent and/or natural position of hands depending on your motion. When defending you don't need to have arms extended and that's why penalties are given.

Natural motion for heading is different, hands are raised to give you power.

Look at lich here.

Juventino[RUS];4967852 said:
are you crazy?
This is normal, if the ball hits the hand and goes in it's legit.

Cakir was behind him and didn't see it hit his hand obviously. Hence the reason for extra officials. So that type of stuff is seen. Your arguing something entirely stupid that is 100% called differently than you are saying.

And this is the exact reason Neymar was arguing that the ball hit his shoulder. His hand was in the air, extended out in front of his body in a position very likely for the ball to hit. And how exactly is that a normal position. Most players keep their hands down when they jump to head a ball. Neymar put his hands in the air, the ball struck them, handball.

Always called when seen. 100%. The fact you're arguing this is ridiculous
The fact you're arguing against the rule is ridiculous. The only grey area is intent. If the ref's look at this now its 100% goal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Shut the $#@! up, man.

The CL final was yesterday. Not 3 months ago. This holier than thou attitude is what's really pathetic.

Oooo. Look at me. I'm not complaining about referee errors the day of and the day after the game. I'm so amazing and so objective. What you guys are doing is whining and complaining about others being pissed off about the ref mistakes, and that's equally as obnoxious.

It hasn't been 3 months. Pretty much no one has said that its the only reason we lost, just that it was a big factor in shifting the momentum of the game. Which it objectively, clearly was. It hasn't been 3 months. We're not whining about this a whole season later. It's been 1 day. So you guys should really just shut the $#@! up about this. This isn't at all like Milan, Roma, Inter crying about these things for 3 years after the fact. don't even try to compare it. It's 1 day. Yes. 1 day.
Not really. The whole game was in their favor apart from 15 minutes. Even our goal was against the run of play.

I don't mind if you cry about it 3 years into the future if your claim to be robbed was legitimate. I still hate calciopoli almost 10 years later. I also never said you should not be upset we lost; we all are. But the WE WERE ROBBED by UEFALONA attitude is just shameful.

Again "Robbed" implies 1) that we deserved to win and 2) The ref was conspiring against us.

Counter (1):
a) We didn't deserve to win as the run of play was clearly in their favor for the great majority of the game (which thanks to Gigi didn't see us humiliated).
b) Even if we got that soft penalty nothing guarantees we would have won. The run of play would probably continue in their favor.
c) We also lost by a 2 goal margin.
d) We didn't create goal scoring chances throughout the game.
e) We didn't even have meaningless possession let alone meaningful possession of the ball.

Counter (2):
a) The ref showed great patience with Vidal when many other refs that arent bought would have given him marching orders.
b) The ref correctly cancelled Neymar's goal when it could have been granted if the ref was bought.
c) The penalty claim was a hard to spot soft one.

No UEFALONA CONSPIRACY. This is nothing compared to the Obrevo game with Chelsea for instance or Italy Vs South Korea.

Enough Mopy Dick

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Man, the game is over, no point getting worked up about it. Now we rejoice because of what we've accomplished, use this as motivation, pray that we get Barcelona in the first knock out stage, knock em out, then draw madrid, knock em out, then chelsea, knock em out, then bayern final, knock em out.

I want to slay them all. In the meantime we prepare.

Mar 10, 2009
A red card for last man denying a clear goal scoring opportunity would have been much better than a penalty. We would have been up a man for 40 minutes, plus had an amazing free kick opportunity. We might have won that game 2 or 3-0 if the ref makes the proper call of red card and free kick.

Just saying...
well Monaco fans would claim it was the controversial penalty that lost them the game. As a juventus fan, I would look at the point of view that you posted, of course, but the fact of the matter is fans interpret things differently.

My general opinion regarding the ref in the final was that nothing was really stone wall, the Licht supposed penalty, the Neymar handball or the foul on Pogba. Thus the ref didn't really have an over all impact. IMO for the ref to have such an impact on the game, then the decision must be completely outragous, such as Ronaldo getting Cheilini sent off last year, or the ref for South Korea Italy/Spain games.

Also it is in my opinion that balming the ref, unless if it's something outragous, is the wrong approach. Rather I'd like the team to analyse were we went wrong, so we can learn from it in the future and progress. As fans it's difficult to swallow such a loss, but we have a bright future. We're back among Europe's best, and it's about time!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
wtf are you talking about. who was better, who dominated etc. thats all irrelevant. what matters is that the score was 1-1 at one point and then we were dissolved a penalty that would give us a $#@!ing lead i the 2nd half of a CL final. are you acting dumb here or what? also, the penalty wasnt "soft". Pogba was taken down by Alves while receiving the pass in the box and about to turn around and shot. clear penalty accodring to all football rules.

where the $#@! did i even said anything about deserving to win? and why do you keep talking about chances created, domination and stuff like that. you sound like a barca fan. what matters is the scoreline. we were even up at 1-1, then 1st got a penalty dissolved and then conceded on a counter after a clear foul on Pogba. IT DOESENT MATTER WHO DOMINATED THE GAME AT THAT POINT.is that so hard to understand? the ref decided the outcome of the game with his 2 decisions > we were robbed

bought referee? youre lost man. i never once said anyone bought the ref or anything similar.

"difficult to see soft penalty" :sergio:

"a foul" :sergio: you do realize that foul lead to the game deciding counter attack?

seriously stop before i lose the little respect i have left for you

- - - Updated - - -

oh and one more thing @Hist "if it wasnt for Buffons saves" :lol: the most stupid and retarded thing in your post. so if it wasnt for our GK doing what he is supposed to do - stop shots - we would have lost by even more. what a thing to say :sergio:
This is what it means to be Robbed. If the ref missed a tough 50/50 call then you were not robbed. Robbed includes malicious intent in taking something from a person that is theirs. In this case you are implying that victory was ours and they STOLE it from us.

In the same sense that if you switch on the lights at your home and that somehow causes your neighbor to be electrocuted for instance, we do not consider it murder. Murder includes malicious intent.

Asserting that it was a clear penalty doesnt make it a clear penalty. The ref didnt see it as one and many members here including me (Juve fans) think its a 50/50. That disagreement alone means either everyone who disagrees with you is blind including the ref or it is really a tough call and thats why it is dividing opinions.

You claim the ref decided the outcome of the game when we created no chances before or after the incident while they created plenty. We could have still lost with that call.

If all you are claiming is that if we had gotten that call the game would have evolved differently though the result (them winning) could have been the same then say so. This is very far from claiming that we were robbed.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
well Monaco fans would claim it was the controversial penalty that lost them the game. As a juventus fan, I would look at the point of view that you posted, of course, but the fact of the matter is fans interpret things differently.

My general opinion regarding the ref in the final was that nothing was really stone wall, the Licht supposed penalty, the Neymar handball or the foul on Pogba. Thus the ref didn't really have an over all impact. IMO for the ref to have such an impact on the game, then the decision must be completely outragous, such as Ronaldo getting Cheilini sent off last year, or the ref for South Korea Italy/Spain games.

Also it is in my opinion that balming the ref, unless if it's something outragous, is the wrong approach. Rather I'd like the team to analyse were we went wrong, so we can learn from it in the future and progress. As fans it's difficult to swallow such a loss, but we have a bright future. We're back among Europe's best, and it's about time!
:tup:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you should seriously get banned for 1. stating something no-one here ever said as facts and 2. for talking nonsense that does not matter in the context. i'll simplify it again for you and then i'll stop, since you are obviously a hopeless case. no matter who dominated the game, created more chances, had more possession or deserves to win more, at one point the game was tied at 1-1. at that point, both teams are up even and have equal chances of winning. also, at that point, the game could have been decided in our favor if the ref did whistle a penalty for us, that should have been whistled. are you following until now? read everything twice if you have trouble understanding. less than a minute after that penalty, that would likely give us the LEAD in the CL FINAL with 20-30 minutes to go, the ref didnt whistle a foul on Pogba who had won a ball and denied a clear counter, but gout fouled immediately. the result of that not called foul was a Barca counter attack that led to them leading the game. so, instead of us having a 2-1 lead, in less than a minute, Barca got a 2-1 lead, directly influenced by the referee. now, if you disagree with these obvious things, and decide to go with "they were better", "Gigi saved us so many times", "we didnt create anything", "you cant compare this with Ovrebo" etc. then i will have to call you a "not very smart person". so i'll say it again, stop before i lose this little respect i have left for you

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Intent and/or natural position of hands depending on your motion. When defending you don't need to have arms extended and that's why penalties are given.

Natural motion for heading is different, hands are raised to give you power.
I'm not saying that we would have necessarily won if not for the referee, but the Neymar handball is indisputable. It makes no sense at all to argue about it. In a Juve forum, no less. I don't have a clue why you are doing it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not really. The whole game was in their favor apart from 15 minutes. Even our goal was against the run of play.

I don't mind if you cry about it 3 years into the future if your claim to be robbed was legitimate. I still hate calciopoli almost 10 years later. I also never said you should not be upset we lost; we all are. But the WE WERE ROBBED by UEFALONA attitude is just shameful.

Again "Robbed" implies 1) that we deserved to win and 2) The ref was conspiring against us.

Counter (1):
a) We didn't deserve to win as the run of play was clearly in their favor for the great majority of the game (which thanks to Gigi didn't see us humiliated).
b) Even if we got that soft penalty nothing guarantees we would have won. The run of play would probably continue in their favor.
c) We also lost by a 2 goal margin.
d) We didn't create goal scoring chances throughout the game.
e) We didn't even have meaningless possession let alone meaningful possession of the ball.

Counter (2):
a) The ref showed great patience with Vidal when many other refs that arent bought would have given him marching orders.
b) The ref correctly cancelled Neymar's goal when it could have been granted if the ref was bought.
c) The penalty claim was a hard to spot soft one.

No UEFALONA CONSPIRACY. This is nothing compared to the Obrevo game with Chelsea for instance or Italy Vs South Korea.

Enough Mopy $#@!
We have different opinions on these incidents and that's fine. But you acting all self-righteous about this and complaining about us complaining is rather ironic. It's perfectly fine for us to be upset about certain incidents we view as being factors in the outcome. If you read my discussion with Swag, I've said multiple times that I'm upset more so that not one of the three fouls on Pogba was called, and more so the ones outside the box, one of which gave Barca the counter for their second goal. We always know a penalty is going to have to be pretty blatant for it to be awarded in a CL final. So that's not the end of the world, even if I think it was a pretty cut and dry penalty from watching replays. Considering the ref called every little contact against Barca, the two fouls on Pogba outside the box should have been called.

I don't subscribe at all to UEFAlona crap or conspiracies. I do think the ref was poor and called the game in a way that favoured Barca by not allowing any physicality, but that was to be expected. What was not expected was Pogba being fouled 3 separate times and not a single one of them being called. So I'm upset about that 1 day after the final, as those 3 foul non-calls were factors in the way the game went.

Do I think we would have won if they are called? We may have, the chances were there, but in all likelihood Barca overwhelms us anyways and wins, I just don't like that the match turned as quickly as it did by allowing back to back fouls on Pogba that directly led to Suarez' goal

I'm allowed to be upset about this for a couple days. Many others are too. Many others agree with me.

I don't really think we were robbed of a victory. I think poor refereeing made a likely win for Barca a guaranteed win for Barca. That's my right to think this. As it is your right to think differently. But for you and others to be complaining about us being upset about these incidents is equally absurd and you should leave us alone to deal with the loss and our interpretation of these incidents how we want to.

I seriously doubt any of us are going to be freaking out about this a week from now, let alone a month. So stop with the self-righteous stuff about how your way is the only right way to react. It isn't. Barca deserved to win, the ref was poor and made that win more likely with a couple missed calls at a crucial juncture. One doesn't exclude the other. That's my take away from the match.

Anyways. I'm proud of this team, I'm proud of their performance, and proud that even after going down 2-1 we still pressed to score with Pogba putting a free header over an open net and Pereyra and Llorente bungling what should have been a brilliant chance in the box late on. They put in a gritty and determined performance and I'm excited to see what next year brings.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Buffon making a coupla good saves, doesnt make barca any more deserving of better results. It only means they were denied.
Great saves involve an element of luck. Chelsea's CL win was the most extreme example of this. People didn't say Chech did his job and Chelsea were the better team.
Similarly, when we lost to Olympiakos thanks to the heroics of their keeper, very few people said he just did his job. When that happens its an indicator of the performance level of each team. We were better than Olympiakos but their keeper bailed them out.

It indicates which team was in the driving seat and which team created goal scoring opportunities and is more likely to win.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man, the game is over, no point getting worked up about it. Now we rejoice because of what we've accomplished, use this as motivation, pray that we get Barcelona in the first knock out stage, knock em out, then draw madrid, knock em out, then chelsea, knock em out, then bayern final, knock em out.

I want to slay them all. In the meantime we prepare.
You're awesome, dude! :D

And I agree. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)