[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (4 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He played 2 full games prior to this game, and Allegri himself did not mention any fitness issue. So what you are saying is pure speculation on your part.
Of course it is, just like everything that's being said is just that: speculation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
How disgusting to wake up the next day after this atrocious performance from Allegri.

He better get his shit together and fields a more attacking team because this bullshid needs to stop now. Our midfield is garbage when pjanic is not there and asamoah and Lemina are sulking hardcore. if they cant get the game to our scorers, better use pjaca as a treq and let the man go places instead of this 2 guys who are playing like chickens.

Higuain and Dybala need to go deep to get balls and this is unnaceptable. Whatever he does, allegri needs to shift the bulk of our game from the midfield to our wings or to a treq. We do not have pirlo porga marchisio anymore and we cant contonue using formations that suited those guys. Allegri is lost.

The year we had our greatest modern success in Europe was the year we were more adventurous playing a 4-1-2-1-2 system. Now we have players more suitable for that we should be using them:

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
--------------Lemina
----------Khedira-Pjanic
--------------Pjaca
---------Dybala-Higuain

Or

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
------------Khedira-Pjanic
Cuadrado-----Dybala-----Pjaca
------------------Higauin

Dybala dropped so deep he was effectively in a free role anyway so at least give him the players around him that can help him out. Evra, Asamoah and Lemina were pretty useless, and Khedira on his own doesn't offer a lot when paired with those guys
:tup:

Like i said, the 532 doesnt work anymore with this team, as we dont have Marchisio nor Pirlo. Lemina and Asamoah dont know what to do outside tackle peeps and this is liminting Higuain and Dybala hardcore.

What a disgusting performance this was and is all on Allegri.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If we ever want to compete with the usual big boys on financial terms, we need to improve our Juventus brand globally. This brand of ultra conservative, scared to lose European football will never turn heads. We need to wake the fuck up and play our own game not make a bunch of cautious changes against a supposedly inferior team.

Still pissed off at last nights team selection, why bother spending a penny on attacking talent when you end up doing the same old defensive BS. With our team we should have had Sevilla pinned inside their own 3rd for most of the game, instead we look clueless with Lemina being shit as usual and Asamoah looking lost with about 42% possession at home. Some of this actually falls on Marotta, who I am a fan of, for fucking around too much refusing to get us a midfielder until it was too late. End result, Marchisio's back up is fucking Lemina who can't switch the ball, and Pogbas replacement is Asamoah if Allegri wants more 'solidity'. Our net spend was fucking ZERO and we couldn't just drop 20M on a player to ensure we could rotate properly?

And before anybody says Possession isn't that significant, it sure as hell is when you suck at counter attacking. We're not built to hit teams on the break with our 40 year old wing backs and horrible midfield all starting at once.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
"Was injured" as in: nog currently. He missed the first two Serie A games, remember? Which is why it's perfectly possible he was tired after a double with Bosnia and with Juve against Sassuolo. It's just a possibility, exactly like the one you're bringing up. Allegri saying it's for tactical reasons means as little as Marotta saying he wouldn't pay Higuain's clause.

I tend to agree on the Alves-Cuadrado part. Loved Cuadrado in our CL games last season and I'd pick him without hesitation.
Yeah I remember.He wasn't that injured but we rested him precautionary .He was perfectly fit last night .If he is injured ,that's it.Than you don't put him even for 20 minutes.When we don't score for 70 minutes then Allegri called him.Wait and see how he becomes ultra fit against merda only after three days ,but of course if Allegri don't have some other tactical ideas....

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
FFS Allegri himself said he played Asamoah over Pjanic for defensive purposes. Enough with this injury BS. Our coach benched our best available midfielder for our once upon a time defensive wing back.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
FFS Allegri himself said he played Asamoah over Pjanic for defensive purposes. Enough with this injury BS. Our coach benched our best available midfielder for our once upon a time defensive wing back.
:

:agree: That's exactly what I am writing .Someone else thinks otherwise.......

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah I remember.He wasn't that injured but we rested him precautionary .He was perfectly fit last night .If he is injured ,that's it.Than you don't put him even for 20 minutes.When we don't score for 70 minutes then Allegri called him.Wait and see how he becomes ultra fit against merda only after three days ,but of course if Allegri don't have some other tactical ideas....
Tired not injured, but keep on reading what I didn't say.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not going to go mad with Allegri on this one because it's still early days, and obviously he doesn't feel some players have many games in a row in their legs right now, it's not the time of the season to start demanding the best line up. We simply don't know what condition players are in. But it's interesting that he was kept back from a CL game instead of Inter. Even if he'd played 60 mins last night it might have served us better. Might not, he might have got injured. More crying ensuing, 'why did he risk Pjanic?'. The result beats all in football. Those fitness calls have to be left to the coach on advice of the medical staff.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I have one question only, are we in it to win it
Honestly, if we keep willingly benching our best technical players to accommodate more defensive players, and half of our team talk about a 0-0 home draw like we achieved something special, then no. We're in it to grind our way to a Last 8 place if possible.

Having said that, if Allegri wakes the fuck up and we start taking the game to the opposition then we could achieve much more.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If we ever want to compete with the usual big boys on financial terms, we need to improve our Juventus brand globally. This brand of ultra conservative, scared to lose European football will never turn heads. We need to wake the $#@! up and play our own game not make a bunch of cautious changes against a supposedly inferior team.

Still pissed off at last nights team selection, why bother spending a penny on attacking talent when you end up doing the same old defensive BS. With our team we should have had Sevilla pinned inside their own 3rd for most of the game, instead we look clueless with Lemina being $#@! as usual and Asamoah looking lost with about 42% possession at home. Some of this actually falls on Marotta, who I am a fan of, for $#@!ing around too much refusing to get us a midfielder until it was too late. End result, Marchisio's back up is $#@!ing Lemina who can't switch the ball, and Pogbas replacement is Asamoah if Allegri wants more 'solidity'. Our net spend was $#@!ing ZERO and we couldn't just drop 20M on a player to ensure we could rotate properly?

And before anybody says Possession isn't that significant, it sure as hell is when you suck at counter attacking. We're not built to hit teams on the break with our 40 year old wing backs and horrible midfield all starting at once.
This reminds me of the Capello era, except that overall the squad isn't as good.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This reminds me of the Capello era, except that overall the squad isn't as good.
I honestly thought Allegri would be over the moon with the new attacking players he's been handed. But yes, that game was reminiscent of the Capello era. A relatively stacked squad playing rigid as fuck stupid football in Europe. Scared to play our own game in the fear that we're not 'compact' enough. Stupid.

Jun 6, 2015
I'm not going to go mad with Allegri on this one because it's still early days, and obviously he doesn't feel some players have many games in a row in their legs right now, it's not the time of the season to start demanding the best line up. We simply don't know what condition players are in. But it's interesting that he was kept back from a CL game instead of Inter. Even if he'd played 60 mins last night it might have served us better. Might not, he might have got injured. More crying ensuing, 'why did he risk Pjanic?'. The result beats all in football. Those fitness calls have to be left to the coach on advice of the medical staff.
Yeah it's a bit hypocritical to blame him for injuries but at the same time demand he plays the same players 3 times a week.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to find the right balance in attack without compromising the defence because without keeping it extremely tight at the back we won't get far against some of the better attacking sides like Barca.

My only fear this early in the season is that we really don't have a back up for Pjanic at the moment. When he doesn't play we lose a lot of creativity from the midfield.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Tired not injured, but keep on reading what I didn't say.
Oh now he was tired not injured?But you don't mention tiredness neither injury in your post and I don't know what I read. En light me and point where in your posts you mention tiredness???Anyway, why he didn't play last night as a starter?

- - - Updated - - -

I have one question only, are we in it to win it
No. Especially after Allegri's interview after the match .Serie a 6-th Scudetto it's our main target.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly thought Allegri would be over the moon with the new attacking players he's been handed. But yes, that game was reminiscent of the Capello era. A relatively stacked squad playing rigid as $#@! stupid football in Europe. Scared to play our own game in the fear that we're not 'compact' enough. Stupid.
Agree.:tup:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I know this hasn't been discussed and don't want to turn this into :inter: but what did you guys make of the pjaca penalty appeal? Seemed soft but sevilla guy did have his hand on him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Honestly, if we keep willingly benching our best technical players to accommodate more defensive players, and half of our team talk about a 0-0 home draw like we achieved something special, then no. We're in it to grind our way to a Last 8 place if possible.

Having said that, if Allegri wakes the fuck up and we start taking the game to the opposition then we could achieve much more.
Oh now he was tired not injured?But you don't mention tiredness neither injury in your post and I don't know what I read. En light me and point where in your posts you mention tiredness???Anyway, why he didn't play last night as a starter?

- - - Updated - - -

No. Especially after Allegri's interview after the match .Serie a 6-th Scudetto it's our main target.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I mean, if we are we are sending the wrong message

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

No. Especially after Allegri's interview after the match .Serie a 6-th Scudetto it's our main target

- - - Updated - - -

Go look it up, pal. Talking to the deaf is time wasted, as is panicking over a game we'd win 9/10 times.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
That's what I mean, if we are we are sending the wrong message
Again,after that interview the message is a pussy like one .....,like we are not at the same league as other power houses.So we have to be satisfied with a defensive set up and 0-0.
I want to be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)