[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (4 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Im in jail, so i missed the match as we are only allowed to use computers in daytime :frown: . dissapointed by the result, but how did we play? was there any positives to take from this match? Anyone that stuck out in a positive or negative way? A quick review would be greatly appreciated :tup:
That's aight brah. I'll send you a kite next time, homey. Much love to my niggas locked up in the pen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
It's not like it's the end of the world. If we beat Lyon we're basically back on track.

Sevilla away is a must win though, just like it was last year.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well we started our 12/13 CL season with a draw and topped the group (which was more difficult than this one) But we always find new ways of shooting ourselves in the foot in this competition.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
something i was afraid of and was apparent yesterday. Is that contrary to the players we used to have in the Mf. this set players we have is too one dimensional. None of them is complete. Asamoah and Lemina are not creaive enough. pjanic not reliable defensively and Khedira plays as a walking pace which might be not important in Serie A. But in europe you need to be more quick and decisive.

Playing the 3-5-2 doesnt help either. When its apparent that with 4 at the back we play better and had ou best performances.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The year we had our greatest modern success in Europe was the year we were more adventurous playing a 4-1-2-1-2 system. Now we have players more suitable for that we should be using them:

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
--------------Lemina
----------Khedira-Pjanic
--------------Pjaca
---------Dybala-Higuain

Or

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
------------Khedira-Pjanic
Cuadrado-----Dybala-----Pjaca
------------------Higauin

Dybala dropped so deep he was effectively in a free role anyway so at least give him the players around him that can help him out. Evra, Asamoah and Lemina were pretty useless, and Khedira on his own doesn't offer a lot when paired with those guys

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
- I was under the impression we had a clinical finisher. You know, the guy who was gonna win us these types of games.
Hi, agree with everything. About that clinical finisher though, we have him, definitely. He needs service though; I remember one good cross at him, he connected with the ball and hit the bar. Apart from that situation I don't really remember any other moment for him to nail it. Give him one 100% chance and he'll do it, now it's difficult to create a situation like this when we're playing an opponent interested in a draw, while we at the same time lineup and approach them like we're playing them on their homeground.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
so why the hell did he pick the inferior guy? to give him confidence after the match? If Pjanic doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs why he started on Saturday?
Why did he play a full match for Bosnia?

GOD!
The only way of improving physically is playing. But you do not risk that in a CL game against Sevilla. Against Sassuolo, you do.

The willingly blind.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Im in jail, so i missed the match as we are only allowed to use computers in daytime :frown: . dissapointed by the result, but how did we play? was there any positives to take from this match? Anyone that stuck out in a positive or negative way? A quick review would be greatly appreciated :tup:
:rabbit:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah because he wasn't in a training process for months and can be used just once at every 5 games.
Because that is what I said? Because you know hos serious his injury problem was? Luckily we have fans with inside knowledge.

Pjanic will get the untouchable label very soon. This shitstorm of reactions over a game we should've actually won with who were on the pitch is hilarious, really.

That said, AS, Pjanic and Cuadrado are starters for me in a 3-5-2. And my preferred setup would even be a christmas tree formation.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Positives

- Sandro not only made an impact, he also somehow managed to make an actual defensive contribution. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
- Khedira
- Barzagli & Bonucci
- Maybe Dybala

Negatives

- Evra. Once again.
- Alves. Apparently he's miles ahead of Lichtsteiner though.
- Lemina really refuses to impose himself on the game. Even though I feel he's capable to do so.
- I was under the impression we had a clinical finisher. You know, the guy who was gonna win us these types of games.
Nobody said he's going to carry the team on his back. He did more than most players, not his fault Higuain hit the crossbar or their keeper did the save of his life on Sandro. He thrives more in open space than tight congested games like this. Licht would have offered even less.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hi, agree with everything. About that clinical finisher though, we have him, definitely. He needs service though; I remember one good cross at him, he connected with the ball and hit the bar. Apart from that situation I don't really remember any other moment for him to nail it. Give him one 100% chance and he'll do it, now it's difficult to create a situation like this when we're playing an opponent interested in a draw, while we at the same time lineup and approach them like we're playing them on their homeground.
Obviously Higuain is not the reason we didn't win the game.

But at the same time, the excuse people came up with to justify his price tag was that simple. "Yeah, he's expensive but he's just what we need: a guy that's going to convert that single chance we get."

Nobody said he's going to carry the team on his back. He did more than most players, not his fault Higuain hit the crossbar or their keeper did the save of his life on Sandro. He thrives more in open space than tight congested games like this. Licht would have offered even less.
:confused:

I don't know if it's even physically possible to offer less than what Alves did last night.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
All I can say is we need to press more often, something we were extraordinary at in the season we got to the Final. Granted we dont have the type of players and are awaiting Marchisio to come back but players like Lemina and especially Asamoah need to be more assertive. It may not be in them but they need to be and I really hope Allegri drills this into these guys because it was horrible to see how much we were out of possession especially in the first half. All the best teams press and do it well, we showed yesterday the lack of it. When you see your forwards do it more than your midfield, you know theres something wrong, especially in a game where anything less than a win is classed as a failure. Im not saying press all the time but we didnt do enough of it to impose ourselves on the game and the battle was well lost in the midfield by then.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
lolwat

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
We started well but then Sevilla applied their masterplan aka cynical fouls every other minute. The fact that we were non-existant on the wings didn't help at all. Asamoah and Lemina were bashed a lot but Khedira didn't have a great night either. Dybala dropped a lot to get the ball but on the offensive we had no one up there except for Higuain. We were unlucky too to be honest, but Allegri still should have made the subs earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)