[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (7 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
All I can say is we need to press more often, something we were extraordinary at in the season we got to the Final. Granted we dont have the type of players and are awaiting Marchisio to come back but players like Lemina and especially Asamoah need to be more assertive. It may not be in them but they need to be and I really hope Allegri drills this into these guys because it was horrible to see how much we were out of possession especially in the first half. All the best teams press and do it well, we showed yesterday the lack of it. When you see your forwards do it more than your midfield, you know theres something wrong, especially in a game where anything less than a win is classed as a failure. Im not saying press all the time but we didnt do enough of it to impose ourselves on the game and the battle was well lost in the midfield by then.
We just tied against .We have wasted too much possession.last seasons we didn't start well in Seri A and remember how juve was horrible last year when Serie A started.Juve was in the bottom half of the table and we were 12 points behind Roma.6 matches, 3 defeats, 2 draws and 1 win. 6 goals for, 7 against! but in the CL was another story. six points from two first games.we were excellent in the cl except scond half against bayern.with sevilla match we could have done better but i'm sure lyon and sevilla are going to drop points soon.
Anyway I think it is proved that we should use a 3-5-2 for Serie A and 4-3-1-2 for Champions League.asa and evra for serie A and sandro and lemina for the CL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Im in jail, so i missed the match as we are only allowed to use computers in daytime :frown: . dissapointed by the result, but how did we play? was there any positives to take from this match? Anyone that stuck out in a positive or negative way? A quick review would be greatly appreciated :tup:
Fake fan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
9 times out of 10 we would have won that game 1-0, or maybe a second on a late counter, wasn't to be. Very frustrating for various reasons.

Didn't like the initial selection. I think Allegri expected Sevilla to be more expansive, but they just spoiled for most of the game. Time wasting from early on, falling over at every contact. Even when they 'attacked' it wasn't a real attack, it was holding possession and hoping something broke on a long shot or set piece. It's all been seen and done many times before, but it's hard to play against, when a pretty talented team decides to play like a small team. That was compounded by the lack of midfield creativity and Evra at LWB. Obviously it was better when the subs came but it was always going to be because they got more wary and sat deeper, and we got more desperate.

Our more 'defensive' 3-5-2 selection is clearly not the choice for breaking down an opponent spoiling. Allegri may even have to think of his authentic back four formation for such games, but the first game of the group is not the time to get desperate on such matters. We'll probably have a far easier attacking game in the away game in Seville.

Still, Khedira doesn't usually miss both of those chances, and Higuain's header would normally have gone in. It's not normally a lot that decides these games and we didn't quite do it this time.

I thought Dani Alves really came into the game for the last half an hour, his crosses were a bit random but at least 3 were very dangerous.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I thought Dani Alves really came into the game for the last half an hour, his crosses were a bit random but at least 3 were very dangerous.
Something that Dani was so good and made him a success with his assists at barca was he knew exactly the positioning of the guys in and around the box. You can tell yesterday it was random for a reason, but its a matter of time before he figures it out. I think yesterday we needed more players around the box another thing to train together on. A lot can be learnt from yesterday's match, this wont be the first nor last where we face such a pegged back side, we just need to be a bit more flexible, especially in CL.

Aug 12, 2015
We are all disappointed about the draw yesterday, that´s football and it will happen again someday. But to be honest it was to optimistic from Allegri to put Evra, Asamoah and Lemina together in an such important european game. Evra his best days are over, Lemina is good and talented but he is a young guy and it´s difficult for him when he plays in europe with Evra and Asamoah.
And about Asamoah, I don´t know what to say. He isn´t a CM and he isn´t Juve-quality to start in an european-match as a CM!!! on this position he is so overwhelmed and so slow with the ball. He looks like a bricklayer when he strokes the ball with his sole of his left foot.
Next year when Evra leaves, he can be the back-up from Alex Sandro and nothing more. We need definitly a new CM

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
The year we had our greatest modern success in Europe was the year we were more adventurous playing a 4-1-2-1-2 system. Now we have players more suitable for that we should be using them:

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
--------------Lemina
----------Khedira-Pjanic
--------------Pjaca
---------Dybala-Higuain

Or

Alves-Bonnuci-Chiellini-Sandro
------------Khedira-Pjanic
Cuadrado-----Dybala-----Pjaca
------------------Higauin

Dybala dropped so deep he was effectively in a free role anyway so at least give him the players around him that can help him out. Evra, Asamoah and Lemina were pretty useless, and Khedira on his own doesn't offer a lot when paired with those guys
Agree :tup:

That second formation ala 4-4-2 looking very very attractive.
Doubt we'll start that way because of the defensive part,but when goal is needed that is the way to go for sure.
Dybala+Pipita+Pjanic+Cuad+Pjaca with Sandro and Alves from behind on the flanks,THAT is one attacking lineup.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
9 times out of 10 we would have won that game 1-0, or maybe a second on a late counter, wasn't to be. Very frustrating for various reasons.

Didn't like the initial selection. I think Allegri expected Sevilla to be more expansive, but they just spoiled for most of the game. Time wasting from early on, falling over at every contact. Even when they 'attacked' it wasn't a real attack, it was holding possession and hoping something broke on a long shot or set piece. It's all been seen and done many times before, but it's hard to play against, when a pretty talented team decides to play like a small team. That was compounded by the lack of midfield creativity and Evra at LWB. Obviously it was better when the subs came but it was always going to be because they got more wary and sat deeper, and we got more desperate.

Our more 'defensive' 3-5-2 selection is clearly not the choice for breaking down an opponent spoiling. Allegri may even have to think of his authentic back four formation for such games, but the first game of the group is not the time to get desperate on such matters. We'll probably have a far easier attacking game in the away game in Seville.

Still, Khedira doesn't usually miss both of those chances, and Higuain's header would normally have gone in. It's not normally a lot that decides these games and we didn't quite do it this time.

:tup:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
pjanic:the most assists in Seria A after pogba
khedira:word class
pjaca:the best croatian talent
Higuaín:scored 36 goals last year
Bonucci:the best defender in word football and the most expensive defender
buffon:the best goal keeper for all time
This players like a Ferrari, but Allegri is driving them like a Fiat!

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Yup :tup:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

A calm and collective post. Such serenity in your post. Thanks.

But what this points towards in a bigger perspective is the problems we can run in to facing better organised teams later on the tournament.

Actually a decent tests last night for Allegri. How's he gonna open up even better defenses than Sevilla's?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Because that is what I said? Because you know hos serious his injury problem was? Luckily we have fans with inside knowledge.

Pjanic will get the untouchable label very soon. This $#@!storm of reactions over a game we should've actually won with who were on the pitch is hilarious, really.

That said, AS, Pjanic and Cuadrado are starters for me in a 3-5-2. And my preferred setup would even be a christmas tree formation.
I never said that you said that so don't over react .And how you possibly know that he is injured?Maybe you have some insiders information.He played againsst Sassuolo 90 min as well with Bosnia.You think that Allegri will play injured player?No.It's was his sole tactical decision . Most possible reason:He thought that we can win with this line up like yesterday and that he saved him for merda game.Or he over appreciate Sevilla and land a defensive team. No injuries reasons or other bullshit in question.

- - - Updated - - -

something i was afraid of and was apparent yesterday. Is that contrary to the players we used to have in the Mf. this set players we have is too one dimensional. None of them is complete. Asamoah and Lemina are not creaive enough. pjanic not reliable defensively and Khedira plays as a walking pace which might be not important in Serie A. But in europe you need to be more quick and decisive.

Playing the 3-5-2 doesnt help either. When its apparent that with 4 at the back we play better and had ou best performances.
My biggest disappointment yesterday was Alves.He played bad,other than that cross to Higuain both in defense or in attack.He still think that he is in Barca and played like that.Maybe he will become better with the time but this display is not good.Quadrado would help much better yesterday.Maybe decisive.

Strand

Sep 17, 2015
Barca had 772 completed of a total 852 according to Uefa. While Juve 448 of 519. Of course they played an easy match. We should have had more if they hadnt started the game so slow and careful.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
iirc sevilla had much more posession by end of first half, something close to 60%.

On another note we won the home tie last year with both goalscorers at the time no longer around (morata and zaza) :snoop:

Other stats: (from fox sport)

We only had four shots on target out of 15.

Dani Alves notched up a total of 20 crosses!

Vasquez for sevilla was the number one game breaker. Committed 6 fouls and was fouled 6 times as well.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;776164678972084225]https://twitter.com/OptaPaolo/status/776164678972084225[/video]
[video=twitter;776158175389184000]https://twitter.com/OptaPaolo/status/776158175389184000[/video]
[video=twitter;776144186198331393]https://twitter.com/OptaPaolo/status/776144186198331393[/video]

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The only way of improving physically is playing. But you do not risk that in a CL game against Sevilla. Against Sassuolo, you do.

The willingly blind.
He played 2 full games prior to this game, and Allegri himself did not mention any fitness issue. So what you are saying is pure speculation on your part.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I never said that you said that so don't over react .And how you possibly know that he is injured?Maybe you have some insiders information.He played againsst Sassuolo 90 min as well with Bosnia.You think that Allegri will play injured player?No.It's was his sole tactical decision . Most possible reason:He thought that we can win with this line up like yesterday and that he saved him for merda game.Or he over appreciate Sevilla and land a defensive team. No injuries reasons or other bull$#@! in question.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest disappointment yesterday was Alves.He played bad,other than that cross to Higuain both in defense or in attack.He still think that he is in Barca and played like that.Maybe he will become better with the time but this display is not good.Quadrado would help much better yesterday.Maybe decisive.
"Was injured" as in: nog currently. He missed the first two Serie A games, remember? Which is why it's perfectly possible he was tired after a double with Bosnia and with Juve against Sassuolo. It's just a possibility, exactly like the one you're bringing up. Allegri saying it's for tactical reasons means as little as Marotta saying he wouldn't pay Higuain's clause.

I tend to agree on the Alves-Cuadrado part. Loved Cuadrado in our CL games last season and I'd pick him without hesitation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)