[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (7 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Why did Barca players protest then?
protesting in those circumstances is natural even if Ches makes a good point too. Either way, the opposing players protesting isn't proof for the goal being invalid.
I keep rewatching this and can't see any contact between Zapata's hand and the ball - not even after it hits him in the face as the angular momentum (in short, direction of rotation) of the ball on its way to the ground never changes and it would have had he handled it towards Boateng.

- - - Updated - - -

You're on fire since your win last night :lol:
:D

wasn't sure if anyone outside the US would catch the "short bus" reference :p

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez has praised Milan after the Rossoneri defeat the Spanish side 2-0 in the Champions League last night.

Goals from Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari gave the San Siro side a 2-0 first-leg lead against the Blaugrana.

And the Spain international has conceded that it will be tough to overcome Massimiliano Allegri's men in the second game.

“We let in two goals that could have been avoided,” he told reporters. “The result is a very bad one, but this team has never given up.

“In the second half we did not play as we normally do, whereas Milan had the game of their dreams.

“We know it's not going to be easy to get through to the next round, but we will try.

“We have to be more united than ever.”

Giving no credit to the opposition, typical Barca class :rolleyes:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
JFG™;4064618 said:
Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez has praised Milan after the Rossoneri defeat the Spanish side 2-0 in the Champions League last night.

Goals from Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari gave the San Siro side a 2-0 first-leg lead against the Blaugrana.

And the Spain international has conceded that it will be tough to overcome Massimiliano Allegri's men in the second game.

“We let in two goals that could have been avoided,” he told reporters. “The result is a very bad one, but this team has never given up.

“In the second half we did not play as we normally do, whereas Milan had the game of their dreams.

“We know it's not going to be easy to get through to the next round, but we will try.

well, it's typical Xavi too even if he is not too far off with that "game of their dreams" thing - I am still chuckling looking at the starting line-ups for both teams in that game and the final outcome :D. Barca virtually had a full strength squad, while Milan were playing two players in midfield coming off injury lay-offs and some guy called Constant, they probably couldn't find much on even if they googled him. All that to top off a rather underwhelming roster in general.
Good thing for Milan this is a team sport, though. :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Mad respect for Allegri, what a fuckin masterpiece, whatever the circumstances, you beat Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Puyol, Messi and Alves when you have individuals like Boateng, Constant, Abate, a 100 year old Ambrosini, and co, you deserve serious props for that.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
When is the open top bus celebration planned for?
:lol:
Balotelli: "I didnt participiate today because of the law of Champions League, but I dont know why Messi didnt participiate"
:lol::lol:
Milan will absolutely bus their goal in the 2nd leg. And I don't mean like a school bus or something. I mean like this:

I don't think Barca has a chance against this.
:agree:
Barcelona: 805 passes one single shot on Abbiati :lol2::lol2::lol2:

GDS didn't rate two players today, Troare because he played very few minutes and Abbiati because he was never tested.
Messi's record vs Good tough defenders :howler:
Barcelona in 2nd half having to watch some Tiki taka themselves :howler::howler:

Grande GRANDE Milan. Having quiet Barcelona glory hunters fans around me was too fvcking good.
Absolutely!!!
Forza Italian teams(excluding Merda who i hate so much,so it's fine for them to win and get points for Italy,but never Forza them) in europe!!!
I do care about it,and even more i hate Barca and all this Messi-is-the-best-ever crap along with the La - i beat you 8-0 -Liga.
So yes bravo Milan,i'm happy for them,and i hope they park the bus together with all coaches and Allegri,and Galliani on the goal line and knock Barca out.
that would be great,and serves us as well;)

Forza Serie-A,Forza tight defense that Barca again struggle against!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Mad respect for Allegri, what a fuckin masterpiece, whatever the circumstances, you beat Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Puyol, Messi and Alves when you have individuals like Boateng, Constant, Abate, a 100 year old Ambrosini, and co, you deserve serious props for that.
I'd have Ambrosini in my team ahead of Busquets any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did Barca players protest then?
Was fair enough to protest.

It happened so fast that I think everyone thought it had hit Zapata's arm.

Loulie

Oct 7, 2012
well, it's typical Xavi too even if he is not too far off with that "game of their dreams" thing - I am still chuckling looking at the starting line-ups for both teams in that game and the final outcome :D. Barca virtually had a full strength squad, while Milan were playing two players in midfield coming off injury lay-offs and some guy called Constant, they probably couldn't find much on even if they googled him. All that to top off a rather underwhelming roster in general.
Good thing for Milan this is a team sport, though. :)
i have said it here and on the milan forum (to congratulate you guys on the win) and will continue to say it:kudos to milan.You guys were great last night and i admit i was thrilled with the result.With all due respect to Barca as they r one of the greatest teams in the world at the moment,but their attitude is just irritating.Treating victory like its ur right is by no means a trait of a gracious team.They were awful last night and deserved to lose,and instead of going on about the non existent handball maybe they should recall the nom existent penalty last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte said he'd cheer for milan in europe as they are an italian team.

Is he disgusting ?
Why is that disgusting?Im a juve fan and i was cheering for Milan

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012

:inter:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Indeed. So what was your take on the Arsenal - Bayern match?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)