[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (18 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And all I can think is how Messi would probably have half his career goal total if he played in Italy.
What amuses me is the way that Messi has this godlike status, without being able to do anything against a properly organised defence, while someone like Totti is treated by many with suspicion as possibly being overrated because he's 'only done it in Italy'.

I'm also seeing articles starting to appear using Messi's inability to score against Italian sides to back up the belief that he's not as good as Maradona.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
i have said it here and on the milan forum (to congratulate you guys on the win) and will continue to say it:kudos to milan.You guys were great last night and i admit i was thrilled with the result.With all due respect to Barca as they r one of the greatest teams in the world at the moment,but their attitude is just irritating.Treating victory like its ur right is by no means a trait of a gracious team.They were awful last night and deserved to lose,and instead of going on about the non existent handball maybe they should recall the nom existent penalty last year.
cheers mate :tup:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
What amuses me is the way that Messi has this godlike status, without being able to do anything against a properly organised defence, while someone like Totti is treated by many with suspicion as possibly being overrated because they've 'only done it in Italy'.

I'm also seeing articles starting to appear using Messi's inability to score against Italian sides to back up the belief that he's not as good as Maradona.
It's all about media perception anyway - Del Piero could also be thrown in the same category as Totti even if DP at least had his opportunity to shine on the international scene playing for Juve and all. But two players like DP and Totti never winning the Golden ball, while Messi getting 4 in a row is just plain ridiculous.

yeah, finally, but he plays Italian teams (aka "proper defenses") rarely enough for his pathetic record against those to be easily written off as "everyone has a bad game once in a while" by the brainwashed masses out there. Nevermind the poor fucker has 3 goals in 11 games vs Italian teams, all 3 vs Milan in last year's CL games between the two teams, all 3 from PKs, two of which invented.

Samaras

Feb 21, 2013
Enjoy your lead while you can because sammys gona get you!

Ps youse were incredibly lucky against us and played pig ugly football yes we made mistakes but this tie is not over

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What amuses me is the way that Messi has this godlike status, without being able to do anything against a properly organised defence, while someone like Totti is treated by many with suspicion as possibly being overrated because he's 'only done it in Italy'.

Which is like, what, a couple of matches per season?

And most of the time it's not about organized defense, but whole Barcelona doing poorly, like against Milan.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@ALC
I can think of only 2.
One vs Milan in the 1st SF game ManU 3-2 Milan. he scored the 1st goal for manU but it may have gone in the books as an OG by Dida, iirc ... there was something weird about it, don't quite remember what.
The other one was vs Mou's Inter a year before they won the treble.
Both goals were headers.

but that's just off top of my head.

May 22, 2007
I can think of only 2.
One vs Milan in the 1st SF game ManU 3-2 Milan. he scored the 1st goal for manU but it may have gone in the books as an OG by Dida, iirc ... there was something weird about it, don't quite remember what.
Both goals were headers.
Has a few against Roma. There was a massive header against Roma actually, and Man Utd must have played them about 6 times in the space of a year.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
@ALC
I can think of only 2.
Both goals were headers.

but that's just off top of my head.
He also scored against Milan. 2-0 Group stage victory for Real.

May 22, 2007
04-05 played Milan twice 0 goals
06/07 played Roma twice with 2 goals, played Milan twice with 1 goal
07/08 played Roma twice with 1 goal
08/09 played Inter twice with 1 goal
10/11 played Milan twice with 1 goal

6 goals

Dec 31, 2008
Enjoy your lead while you can because sammys gona get you!

Ps youse were incredibly lucky against us and played pig ugly football yes we made mistakes but this tie is not over
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

04-05 played Milan twice 0 goals
06/07 played Roma twice with 2 goals, played Milan twice with 1 goal
07/08 played Roma twice with 1 goal
08/09 played Inter twice with 1 goal
10/11 played Milan twice with 1 goal

6 goals
No penalties right?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Has a few against Roma. There was a massive header against Roma actually, and Man Utd must have played them about 6 times in the space of a year.
ah, yeah, one of those was that 7-1 drubbing ManU gave Roma right before playing Milan at the SF stage in 2007 - he must have scored a goal or two in that game alone ... I mean, just about everybody did on Utd's side :p

- - - Updated - - -

He also scored against Milan. 2-0 Group stage victory for Real.
dont remember such a thing :stuckup: :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)