[CL] Barcelona 3-0 JUVENTUS [September 12th 2017] (6 Viewers)

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Such a dissapointing match though I sort of expected it when you look at our first 3 serie a games. I honestly feel thatwe have improved our squad overall as Alves was honestly never a great RB in the defensive phase and even in attack, he didnt contribute hugely when playing as a RB. I think as Allegri starts to find his new optimal defensive lineup with Rugani and Howedes hopefully, we will become more stable and at least be a top 5 defensive team in europe. Our attacking and mifield depth has of course improved moderately which should be great.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Honestly not even that mad.

I sort of expected a loss here - away at Camp Nou, countless injuries, early-season Juve. Had all the hallmarks there. I reckon we will see a much different team and performance when we play them at J Stadium. Calm down folks. Season is still long.
I don't expect our defense to be as good as last year's. In fact it simply isn't. And playing a 4 men defense with a very old Barzagli, a timebomb that's Benatia and a kid with the confidence of a frozen fish didn't help matters.

What I'm really disappointed with is our attack. Dybala was being thrown around like he was made of paper. Again underperforming against the big opponents. And I don't need to tell you how bad Higuain was. Barca's defense was never its strongest factor, they have great attacking players to compensate and that's how they win matches.

Sure we don't have a Messi. But I expect much more from those 2. Especially when one was 90mil and the other is supposed to be the next "big thing".

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I really think people over rate Bonucci. He is not Cannavaro in 2006. Dude gets worked in every big final and dont forget his lapses in concentration. He was a good passer but he was never in the same bracket of defenders like Cannavaro, Nesta and Chiellini when in top form and healthy. Alves is 35 in May.

Rugani will surpass Bonucci soon and our wingers will make up for whatever offense Alves provided. The team just needs to get playing time together and develop consistency in a system that we stick to .. be it 433 or 4231. Once the midfielders understand Costa and Bernardeschi's movements I think we will be great in offense. For defence its all about Chiellini and Rugani playing together.
That confidence is amazing. Talking like you know the quality of Rugani.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Ok now the dust has settled I can see the reasons for this performance and result. We've played the hardest CL game first, away to the best team in the group.

Of the 11 that played I would say only 6 would make it into our first 11 (Buffon, Sandro, Pjanic, Costa, Dybala, Higgy)

The main difference between the two teams was Iniesta who is basically a god of a footballer & Messi who is a god of gods.

The bad news is it still exposes our fundamental weaknesses. We struggle when we are attacked by pace and technical play due to the slowness and physical nature of our defenders.

Our attack, though improved, is still spearheaded by a player that constantly disappoints when we need him the most. Watching Higuain in the CL final and last night you would assume he is a youth player. So many times his first touch is heavy, his acceleration is painful to watch as he tries to travel with the ball. His only value in these games is when he operates with one touch and instinct but time and time again we see him over complicate play, lose balls and completely disable our attack

Missing out on Schick is now showing to be a huge error as Higuain will not be turning over a new leaf this season

enzo

May 14, 2012
It was painful to watch. At the same time it's not as if we had no chances. Many have said it before: it always takes weeks for Juventus to get the engine running. It has been like this last year, and the year before that. We never had to deal with such a strong opponent on day one.
I have faith Allegri can handle this. I only hope it's over with the injuries for now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Few things:
1. Rugani will not surpass Bonucci anytime soon... Bonucci is WC and probably the most complete defender in the world and it is a huge loss that he moved to another club. Rugani is talented even very talented and could surpass Bonucci`s defensive ability one day but not this season thats for sure... as for being a more complete Rugani can only dream about it - Bonucci has the characteristics to play DM...
2. I dont think we played that bad - In the first half we were superior IMO and were very unlucky while in the 2nd half the goal we conceded made us play more openly which made us concede the 2nd even if IMO it was an offside
3. Pjanic just didnt care defensively
4. Benatia when getting past by just stand and stare instead of trying to get it anyway which is annnoying - IMO we need to look for a WC defender and sell him
5. D.Costa was interesting - I guess he will improve
6. Bernardeschi might have been poor but he did good things if you take away his bad endings so who knows we might see him a future star

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
Few things:
1. Rugani will not surpass Bonucci anytime soon... Bonucci is WC and probably the most complete defender in the world and it is a huge loss that he moved to another club. Rugani is talented even very talented and could surpass Bonucci`s defensive ability one day but not this season thats for sure... as for being a more complete Rugani can only dream about it - Bonucci has the characteristics to play DM...
2. I dont think we played that bad - In the first half we were superior IMO and were very unlucky while in the 2nd half the goal we conceded made us play more openly which made us concede the 2nd even if IMO it was an offside
4. Benatia when getting past by just stand and stare instead of trying to get it anyway which is annnoying - IMO we need to look for a WC defender and sell him
5. D.Costa was interesting - I guess he will improve
6. Bernardeschi might have been poor but he did good things if you take away his bad endings so who knows we might see him a future star
Rugani doesn't have to be world class or better than Bonucci. He just has to be better than Benatia who is hugely mistake prone. He already is and I expect him to be a starter as he season goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now the dust has settled I can see the reasons for this performance and result. We've played the hardest CL game first, away to the best team in the group.

Of the 11 that played I would say only 6 would make it into our first 11 (Buffon, Sandro, Pjanic, Costa, Dybala, Higgy)
-------Mandzukic-Higuain
--------------Dybala
--------Matuidi----Khedira/Marchisio
---------------Pjanic
Sandro-Chiellini-Rugani-Howedes

Strangely, I'm not worried about this team defensively as long as that backline is healthy and starting together. My concern is that Higuain and Dybala both struggle to score away from home. Higuain is often rightfully criticized, but Dybala rarely has a great performance away from home against elite competition. He can't be considered world class until he consistently plays well vs such competition.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
3 tackles (most in our team), 1 interception against the fastest passing team is not bad at all, and his movement was fine, too.

i had the impression that besides buffon, pjanic was our only player who haven't failed us yesterday. (de sciglio played pretty well until his assist to dembele, too.) but we simply didn't function as a team, so rating individual efforts is a bit unnecessary here.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Typical Juventus early autumn group stage performance, nothing to worry about except DeS injury. 1 or 2 place doesn't matter much nowadays.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Strange how we play almost on par in the first half and faded like with Real in the second.But,Benatia is not a Juve material simply and should never start instead of Rugani,at least the kid don't make so many mistakes and we should get rid of Sturaro asap.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Barcelona was not at all half scary as last season one.Attack was poor so much and shaky without neymar.though Allegri shouldn’t be getting any hate for this match. the number of players missing due to injury.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Benetia was a fukin waste to be honest. Hoping howedes gets fit quick..i think he amd rugani will play more than not with barzagli and chiellinis age amd injury proneness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)