[CL] Barcelona 3-0 JUVENTUS [September 12th 2017] (2 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The same Bayern who were screwed by the Ref and outplayed Real Madrid in Madrid.

They may still come good in the second half of the season and can beat anybody on their day

No. Bayern are in deep trouble.

The fact their starting wingers are 33 and 34 says enough. Look, I understand investing in aging strikers and central defenders. Hell, even central midfielders. But wingers? No.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A lot of their key players are now too old or retired, and Guardiola's reign of terror destroyed the careers of Gotze and Muller. They're still a "good," team but that's about it.
They were always basically us, just a few seasons ahead. Similarly, looking at our declining squad and lack of replacements we're a very similar club in most aspects.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Unless we somehow spank Barca 4-0 then we're not topping the group. Highly doubt they'll drop more points than us even if we do beat them and H2H decides group order. Not that it matters because Barca will probably have a better GD than us anyway due to how they play.
True. But honestly, if we beat them in November I'll be fine with being second. It would still mean we are definitely back on track.

Danijel

Sep 12, 2017
Decent 1st half performance but you guys crumbled in the 2nd half. (just like in CL Final, unaccountably)

My ratings:

Buffon 5.5
De Sciglio 5.5
Barzagli 5
Benatia 5
Alex Sandro 5
Pjanić 6
Matuidi 5.5
Bentancur 5.5
Dybala 4.5
Douglas Costa 5
Higuain 4

Subs:

Bernardeschi 5
Sturaro 5

I hope and believe you guys will beat Barca in J/Allianz Stadium.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
:howler: We had Pogba and Morata back then, not EL Chokita and Sami "leisurely pace" Khedira.
Do you even watch Juve games or do you sit around bitch all day? We had Khedira (who I rate but you obviously don't), Hernanes, Evra, Lichtsteiner in the starting XI and Sturaro and Pereyra come off the bench. Dybala and Marchisio were injured and we still managed to take it to extra time.

- - - Updated - - -

The same Bayern who were screwed by the Ref and outplayed Real Madrid in Madrid.

They may still come good in the second half of the season and can beat anybody on their day
They lost Alonso, Lahm and Douglas Costa I know they've added Rudy, Sule and James but so far they don't look anything special. And bad as the ref was in the games by Real, Bayern were never ahead in the tie apart from the first half of the first leg.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you even watch Juve games or do you sit around bitch all day? We had Khedira (who I rate but you obviously don't), Hernanes, Evra, Lichtsteiner in the starting XI and Sturaro and Pereyra come off the bench. Dybala and Marchisio were injured and we still managed to take it to extra time.

- - - Updated - - -

They lost Alonso, Lahm and Douglas Costa I know they've added Rudy, Sule and James but so far they don't look anything special. And bad as the ref was in the games by Real, Bayern were never ahead in the tie apart from the first half of the first leg.
Not really a loss; he was a liability there. He excelled for 6 months, and was dogshit for the rest of his tenure.

I saw that game, and clearly remember Morata and Pogba beasting; even Hernanes had an outstanding performance by his standards that night. Dybala was missing through injury, and both Chiellini and Marchisio were injured I believe. You called it a much more inferior team. I honestly think the defense was better, and the midfield with Pogba in beast mode was on par, if not better than what we can field now. Dybala missing was huge, but Morata delivered. The midfield back then was comprised of Khedira, Marchisio, Pogba, Hernanes, Sturaro, and Pereyra. Currently, we have the same group of players without Hernanes and Pogba, and Pereyra, and with the addition of Matuidi, Pjanic, and Bentancur. Hence, whereas we have more depth now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Juve 2015-2016 was vastly inferior.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
They lost Alonso, Lahm and Douglas Costa, I know they added Rudy, Sule and James but so far they don't look anything special. And bad as the ref was in the games by Real, Bayern were never ahead in the tie apart from the first half of the first leg.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

The fact their starting wingers are 33 and 34 says enough. Look, I understand investing in aging strikers and central defenders. Hell, even central midfielders. But wingers? No.
And they still haven't bought replacements...they don't even have depth on the wings. Time is running out.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Not really a loss; he was a liability there. He excelled for 6 months, and was dogshit for the rest of his tenure.

I saw that game, and clearly remember Morata and Pogba beasting; even Hernanes had an outstanding performance by his standards that night. Dybala was missing through injury, and both Chiellini and Marchisio were injured I believe. You called it a much more inferior team. I honestly think the defense was better, and the midfield with Pogba in beast mode was on par, if not better than what we can field now. Dybala missing was huge, but Morata delivered. The midfield back then was comprised of Khedira, Marchisio, Pogba, Hernanes, Sturaro, and Pereyra. Currently, we have the same group of players without Hernanes and Pogba, and Pereyra, and with the addition of Matuidi, Pjanic, and Bentancur. Hence, whereas we have more depth now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Juve 2015-2016 was vastly inferior.
Squad wise, I'd certainly say it was. Defense was slightly better (we had Bonucci but Evra was still the first choice for LB which made our wings very fragile). Midfield was weaker. (We lost Pogba but gained Pjanic and Matuidi) and the attack was dysfunctional and incomplete. Our starting XI perhaps was nearly as good, but the lack of depth was glaring.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

All relevant points but the team is still a strong team that can beat anyone on their day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)