[CL] Barcelona 0-0 JUVENTUS [19th April, 2017] (1 Viewer)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Look at that photo of Pogba and Alves, and look at all of our 'warriors' complaining to the ref. Morata isn't even watching as Rakitic picks up the ball as he begins the move which lost us the game. Vidal and Lichtsteiner weren't concentrating either.
not really, we only conceded a goal few plays later, not immediately after the non given PK

We're going to beat Barcelona AGAIN and finally draw a line under their dominance in Europe on our way to our 7th final and 3rd victory in the Champions League. Man up the lot of you.
9th final. we lost 6 and won 2 in 8 appearances so far

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that the defender ends up on top of him and the ref behind the goal doesn't have the balls to inform the ref it's a penalty is sad.

No doubt if it was the other way around the ref wouldn't even wait to give the call because of how excited he would be to give a penalty to barca in a UCL final.

My only fear is that if Barca get an early enough goal and we don't put our stamp on the game we could be in for a long night of parking the bus.

Any little touch they are all going to dive and the refs will be under huge pressure to give the penalty/red card etc etc.

I really hope we can score in the first half to interrupt their flow and momentum
exactly what i said immediately during the game 2 years ago. no way thats not a PK if its Licht on Neymar instead Alves of Pogba

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I just pray we don't throw away the amazing work we done in establishing ourselves as a European powerhouse by going to Spain with defending in mind. 3 goals is not a big cushion if you're playing 90 minutes of attack vs defence with a front line worth about half a billion pounds. It only takes seconds to score.

This is about more than just getting to the CL semi's. This is about K.O'ing Barca and being a big deal on the international stage with all the positives that comes with that, vs being laughed at and put back into the same bracket as PSG, a bracket we only just escaped.

Our appeal will be much larger if we can get past this. Let's not try parking the bus against the best attack in history. Get 1 goal by half time without shipping more than 1. Game over.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I just pray we don't throw away the amazing work we done in establishing ourselves as a European powerhouse by going to Spain with defending in mind. 3 goals is not a big cushion if you're playing 90 minutes of attack vs defence with a front line worth about half a billion pounds. It only takes seconds to score.

This is about more than just getting to the CL semi's. This is about K.O'ing Barca and being a big deal on the international stage with all the positives that comes with that, vs being laughed at and put back into the same bracket as PSG, a bracket we only just escaped.

Our appeal will be much larger if we can get past this. Let's not try parking the bus against the best attack in history. Get 1 goal by half time without shipping more than 1. Game over.
This will probably be the toughest match we play in the Agnelli era. 90 minutes in Camp Nou is a very tough stadium to go to and get a result.

Hopefully the team keeps it simple and doesn't try to over think things in defence like Bonucci did in J stadium because we really have to keep our composure.

It pretty much all falls down to how Allegri sets the team up, i'm hoping we don't park the bus and defend for 90 minutes because that's just playing to Barca's strengths and not exposing their weakness with their average midfield and terrible defence.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Gotta go with 4-2-3-1 again, full pressure on Barca from minute 1. I want at least 30 minutes of nothing but running and hustle, and then the last 15 minutes can be breaking up play, drawing fouls, and making life as difficult to Barca while retreating a bit. In a perfect scenario we score on a surprise counter and force Barca to switch up more attackers in a desperate attempt to score. That's a recipe for disaster when we have Dybala, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Alex Sandro and Alves getting ready to feed Higgy who has been one hungry hippo lately. If we go in with the intention to defend, we lose by many many goals. If we go with the intent of scoring, we might lose, but definitely not by a 3 goal margin. PSG went in with the intention to defend, and were their own worst enemy by doing so.

Nightmare scenario is they score withing 5 minutes, gain confidence, and start pouring while Bonucci and Chiellini perform erratic fouls in the box on diving Suarez and Neymar and Higgy chokes on our one lonesome chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)