[CL] Barcelona 0-0 JUVENTUS [19th April, 2017] (10 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Listening to the Football Weekly podcast, and most of the guys on there (Phillipe Auclair, Rafa Honigstein and James Horncastle) call us the best team in Europe and faves for the CL @JuveJay
We might well be just now, although Bayern with a bit more luck could claim that as well. Obviously Real Madrid in a one-off final would be favourites though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
TBH I think Pjanic was lucky to escape a yellow for that. He didn't really make a proper attempt for the ball and it was dangerous because of the height. Reminds me a little of the tip-tackling issue in rugby where they've really clamped down on players falling onto their heads or necks.

From our POV I think it wiped Messi out of the second half, he was very quiet for 2/3 of that half and then well off his best in the late spell.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah, it might be a yellow. Pjanic was not at risk to miss the semis anyway IIRC.
I am still impressed with his performance tbh, I loved him at Roma and Lyon, but never thought he has so much fight in him.

Aug 2, 2005
Monaco (21:16)
Real M. (28:15)
Atletico M. (13:5)
Juventus (17:2)

These are the goal differences of all 4 teams in this year's CL.
The numbers tell the story we all know by now. Real Madrid are a team that can score at any time. Atletico can defend, Monaco can attack.

I hear people wanting Real in the semis, but I'd much rather avoid them, despite the good history we have against them in knockouts. They have so many players who can score from anything, anytime. With Atletico we can nullify each other and those two matches can go anywhere, with a single shot deciding the whole tie.

That's why I prefer Monaco. I didn't watch them yesterday but I watched their previous 3 matches against City and Dortmund. They can press and attack well for 45-60 minutes and then they usually collapse. If someone can contain their attack, it's us, while their defensive display is even below Barca level. Of the remaining three teams, they suit our game the most.
And then we can hope that Atletico and Real will murder eachother and get tons of yellows and red.
Super..

a never better draw.. Confidence level is sky high.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Delighted to knock out such an unsporting, classless team. I love how they said how easily they could score against us but managed 0 over two games.
I recall at the CL Final their fans actually booed and whistled at our players when they were going to collect their runners up medals. It was the weirdest shit ever considering if there was ever a moment to applaud your opposition surely that was it after you'd just accomplished such a feat.

They were pretty unpleasant the following day on the streets of Berlin too.
Unsporting, Classless team, followed by classless fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)