[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Antonio1 said:
The problem with juve in the champs league, particuarly against english teams, is that we are a team that soaks up pressure and if we can survive the best thats thrown at us, then we feel confident enough start to attack. But arsenal have pace and of course Henry and this initial slow period for us at Highbury could result in a goal for arsenal and leave us on the backfoot, uphill battle with heads down. I think juve are gonna not only need to get a goal, but the first one to silence the gunners fans, give ourselves some confidence and strongly and efficiently ware that team down as only juve can do.

Key performances must come from: Mutu, to replace pavels play recently hes gonna have to play out his skin and master that final ball thats been lacking form his performances on the wing.

Thuram and Canna: STOP THE PACE, STOP HENRY. They ar eold payers and arsenal are full of youth and ambition and experience must overcome pace for us to come out on top.

Vieira: All eyes are on Pat, its his moment, he known these players secrets and must deliver big on his return and forget emotional ties and any intimidation.

Trezeguet: We've been finding goals all over this year, but when he plays well, he scores. He must be ready to win the aerial attacks and to take his chances because when he's lethal no1 can stop him. He is our only out and out finisher and we cannot rely on a canna header at a corner. If trez runs wild, juve will be on fire and no1 will contain him.
Agree with you and vieira came to juve for the CL.By luck he will play with his ex-team and i'm sure he will do the job to knock them out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

NYJuve

Mar 15, 2006
Starfleets said:
I cant remember the last time we lost in Europe. Home or away.
My friend, looking at last cup winners, your memory needs to be refreshed.

IMO, if we play like we did from September to December, we're the strongest team in the CL, no question about it.
If we play like in Bremen, we're out though.
Our midfield is top-of-the-notch. Emerson-Vieira the best central duo, Camoranesi one of the best right wing in the world.
Let's not forget Zambrotta, with no doubt the best LB (or RB, if we need it) in the world.
Cannavaro and Thuram are old, but not certainly slow. Cannavaro is actually still one of the fastest defenders around....
And then we got Trezeguet, Serie A scoring leader if we don't count PKs, and Ibra, who is in the top-3 in the world, if fit.

Having said that, we need to play well and give Arsenal respect (more than we gave Werder, that's for sure).
And we're capable of winning at Highbury. Also, differently than last year, we'll be able to rest our players during Serie A games (I still remember a Fiorentina-Juve last year before Liverpool's match....it was a hard-fought 3-3 that drained most of our energies).

I'm confident. A bad half-hour in Liverpool kicked us out last year.
One and a half awful games weren't enough to kick us out this year against Werder, and that's a good sign, IMO.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
NYJuve said:
My friend, looking at last cup winners, your memory needs to be refreshed.

IMO, if we play like we did from September to December, we're the strongest team in the CL, no question about it.
If we play like in Bremen, we're out though.
Our midfield is top-of-the-notch. Emerson-Vieira the best central duo, Camoranesi one of the best right wing in the world.
Let's not forget Zambrotta, with no doubt the best LB (or RB, if we need it) in the world.
Cannavaro and Thuram are old, but not certainly slow. Cannavaro is actually still one of the fastest defenders around....
And then we got Trezeguet, Serie A scoring leader if we don't count PKs, and Ibra, who is in the top-3 in the world, if fit.

Having said that, we need to play well and give Arsenal respect (more than we gave Werder, that's for sure).
And we're capable of winning at Highbury. Also, differently than last year, we'll be able to rest our players during Serie A games (I still remember a Fiorentina-Juve last year before Liverpool's match....it was a hard-fought 3-3 that drained most of our energies).

I'm confident. A bad half-hour in Liverpool kicked us out last year.
One and a half awful games weren't enough to kick us out this year against Werder, and that's a good sign, IMO.
You're absolutely right, that is a good sign.
BUT..
It was a great win against Livorno the other night, we got the 3 points, however something in that game made me fear this upcoming Arsenal game like hell. First of all, Nedved played a huge part in the creative parts leading up to two of the goals, Trezeguet's second for instance; he's the one with the assist. As I'm sure you all saw, he's the main architect behind the first goal as well, before Giannichedda comes in with the final pass...
With Neddy suspended, we're a weaker side than we usually are, no doubt about it, I don't care how good some of you think Mutu is. Nedved will be sorely missed.
The other major concern is that we let Livorno score an easy goal after personal mistakes by two of our defenders. There were also a couple of other occasions where I thought we defended poorly.

I'm gonna go take my pill now, maybe that'll calm my anxiety..

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
comparing arsenal's run to that of liverpool is both justified and unjustified.for one,liverpool needed luck to make it past us(alex's dissalowed goal and the dissalowed penalty) and chelsea(that controversial goal),but arsenal are not relying on luck.they're relying on sole determination,and that is where the similiarites with liverpool are.arsenal are much more lethal going forward than liverpool were last year.and defensivley,arsenal have a poorer defence than liverpool.im talking about pure skill over here,and not about the number of goals each team scored or conceded.

also,the viera factor could be a tricky one.he could both work to our advantage as he would know all the players,and especially henry really well.so exploiting henry's weakness is something that viera would be good at.on the other hand,becuase viera is returning to a club where he is nothing short of a god.so maybe the emotional signifigance of the whole occasion might not bring out the best in him.

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
why you don't make this with medicore teams in your league

and we do the same thing against liverpool in the last season (paddy's goal)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Arsenal supporters r so optimistic about causing an upset - with all their youth and all their speed.....................We need 2 do'em like Milan did Man Utd and show outright superiority and leave them wondering what made them think they could even match us - The majority of supporters here @ varsity r Man Utd and Gunners and after Milan, they were chickens caught in the rain as they observed Serie A dominance.

I think Vieira has taken the correct psychological stance. players never seem 2 play well when they return to their old teams being given a good reception. They need 2 be booed to maximize their potence and I think he wants 2 do just that...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stephan said:
that was with bremen also

good point Stephan.

Actually I'm glad Bremen were the under-dogs against us, and that we were about to wave "goodbye" to Champions League. But the good thing is that this thing happened now and not later. Thank god It happened with Bremen and not Arsenal, I don't think we could've managed to qualify with that performance If we played Arsenal Instead of Bremen.

It was a lesson to learn from.....the big question is that IF capello learned from it.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Everyone keeps saying how Viera knows Arsenals strengths and weaksness, but dont forget that Wenger managed him for 9 years and knows every aspect of paddys game, he will know every move Vieras likely make, and will in form is midfield of this.

Il be delighted with a score draw in London.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Beating Real Madrid is a good feat..but then you realise Real are Juve's whipping boys and worry begins to set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)