[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Fabregas23 said:
Not bitter at all about Vieira leaving. Like I said, I was ecstatic when he left as that meant Fabregas getting a first team spot.

Vieira and Emerson are a very good pairing, don't get me wrong. But Emerson is quite similar to Gilberto Silva and Silva and Vieira never played well together. Both tended to play in parallel lines and they were too similar to compiment eachother effectively. They may get away with against medicore italian sides but against Arsenal I can't see Emerson or Vieira hurting us at all. Vieira goes into his shell for the big games and is tactically very poor. I should know after watching him for nine years at Arsenal.
I understand ur point but U R THE FIRST ARSENAL FAN who tells me that he wanted Viera to leave!,I know some Arsenal Fans who cant believe till now that Viera left!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
Sounds strange I know but it's true. Arsenal played through Vieira in the champions league and he does not possess the footballing intelligence to know when to raise the tempo or slow the game down. He is unbelievably talented and has gotten where he is through pure raw talent. He has only been at Juve for a season so you probably havent realised what I mean by that. It's subtle but I have been watching him patrol our midfield for nine years in europe. i first started saying this back in 2001 and all my friends thought I was crazy. Now they know what I mean now he's gone!

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
THE CHAMPIONS said:
I understand ur point but U R THE FIRST ARSENAL FAN who tells me that he wanted Viera to leave!,I know some Arsenal Fans who cant believe till now that Viera left!

Well the same Arsenal fans that wanted him gone last season are now making out like they wanted to keep him all along. The typical arsenal fan is not the sharpest tool in the box. It was only cause we were losing games early on in the season that they though we were missing Vieira.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Fabregas23 said:
Sounds strange I know but it's true. Arsenal played through Vieira in the champions league and he does not possess the footballing intelligence to know when to raise the tempo or slow the game down. He is unbelievably talented and has gotten where he is through pure raw talent. He has only been at Juve for a season so you probably havent realised what I mean by that. It's subtle but I have been watching him patrol our midfield for nine years in europe. i first started saying this back in 2001 and all my friends thought I was crazy. Now they know what I mean now he's gone!
Actually,he wasnt that impressive this season & he was our worst player in many games BUT in Arsenal he was always THE MAN,he assisted,he scored,he dominated the midfield.In 90% of Arsenal's games he was the player to watch(with Henry of course)!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Fliakis said:
we're flooded by gooners. shyte.

can we at least have someone cool, like jaecole? :D

You'll get this everytime we play a english team in the C.L. They wont be around for long hopefully. :p

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Honestly, what the f**k are juve gonna do in the first leg without pavel, his form has been so key last few games, maybe even decisive, we could be out of ideas there without him and overwhelmed by their pace and desire.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Antonio1 said:
Honestly, what the f**k are juve gonna do in the first leg without pavel, his form has been so key last few games, maybe even decisive, we could be out of ideas there without him and overwhelmed by their pace and desire.
I don't know why but somehow I trust a lot in mutu for his place

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Antonio1 said:
Pavel was my main man before i realised he was suspended. Oh well its a team effort and the boys know this, so if they really want it they should dam well show it against Arsenal

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Nedved's recent performances have really made me wonder what we'll do without him in London. On another note - has N.E 1 seen what Paddy has been sayin about leaving Gunners 4 UUUUUUUUUUUUUV. It could mean that warm welcome he expected wont materialize. On the other hand, It'll mean he'll have 2 play outa his skin - & I still dont know if he will show up. We'll just have 2 wait'n c.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Antonio1 said:

I said that many times before,Nedved is our starting force,but I think that Arsenal have more problems than we do.They are without several important players and we are only without Nedved...Emerson and Vieira also need to be careful,because if they get a yellow,they'll miss the Delle Alpi clash.

Mar 17, 2006
I was more worried about our games against Real because it would simply have been how many goals would both teams score? In this tie, it could end 0-0 but i doubt it. I have no doubt whatsoever we will score atleast once and put in a performance.

I dont know what teams or what type of football you've come across lately, but the speed of our players is FURTHER emphassied by the lack of speed by most of your players.

Quick counter attacking bursts.

That's how we'll go through and win this trophy once and for all! WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO...WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO!

Viieera-Wo-Oh, Viieera-Wo-Oh!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Starfleets said:
I was more worried about our games against Real because it would simply have been how many goals would both teams score? In this tie, it could end 0-0 but i doubt it. I have no doubt whatsoever we will score atleast once and put in a performance.

I dont know what teams or what type of football you've come across lately, but the speed of our players is FURTHER emphassied by the lack of speed by most of your players.

Quick counter attacking bursts.

That's how we'll go through and win this trophy once and for all! WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO...WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO!

Viieera-Wo-Oh, Viieera-Wo-Oh
!
Interesting song!:)

Mar 17, 2006
Juventus star Patrick Vieira has stoked the fires ahead of his UEFA Champions League return to Highbury by claiming that he has a much better chance of winning Europe's top prize after leaving Arsenal.

The French international enjoyed nine glittering years in North London but under Arsene Wenger The Gunners have never managed to progress past the quarter finals.

In a twist of fate that football so often throws up, Arsenal were drawn against Juventus in the last eight this season to set up a speedy reunion with their former captain after a summer move to Serie A.

Whilst admitting he is looking forward to returning to the scene of former glories on March 28, Vieira also conceded he had no qualms about ending his association with The Gunners as Juve presented him with a more viable chance to triumph in the UEFA Champions League.

"This is the strongest team I have ever played in," Vieira told the News of the World.

"I had to turn the page on Arsenal and I've done that, now I feel I am in a team who have a great chance of going all the way.

"I had nine years at Arsenal but I felt like I needed to re-launch my career.

"When I came to Juventus I always knew I was coming to a side who would have the players to go far in the Champions League.

"I didn't ever feel confident we would win the trophy [at Arsenal], we never seemed to be complete enough, it's different at Juventus.

"I've no regrets about leaving Arsenal, it's proved to be a fantastic move for me and I'm sure there are better things to come."

The French international was a vastly popular figure at Highbury as he took over the captain's armband from Tony Adams, and Vieira can be expected to receive a warm welcome as he appears for the last time at the famous old stadium.

"I'm really looking forward to returning to London and the fans are a big reason why," Vieira added.

"It will be a strong emotional thing for me, an exceptional event, and who would have thought it would come so soon?

"I remember the atmosphere at Highbury, the way the supporters create it is something unique."

Imagine the irony if we won it without him the season he left :p

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
THE CHAMPIONS said:
I think that Mutu wont start.I have a feeling that Cap.(for the first time) will do smthing new(at least I hope so)!
starting with mutu would already be as you say something new. if nedved could play, he would play instead of mutu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)