[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Easy on Zlatan guys. he got fuck all service, he tried to be creative cos we were too predictable as always. Just like trez, but no one slags him down.......Ooooooh no!

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
Nawaf said:
hmm.. here's my last-ditch formation for the return leg..

-----------Buffon----------
Balza---thuram---canna---chiellini
--------------------Blasi--------------
---------Emo---------------------
-------------------------------Zambrotta
---------Nedved---------------------
-------Mutu---------Trez

Summat like that..
and yes, NO Zlatan..

well, i had three attackers

..............Buffon.............

Thuram............Canavaro........Kovac

...............Emerson.............

Mutu...........................Zambarota

.............Nedved...............

Zalaiata...........Trez..............Ibra (DP if fit)

i this formation doesn't yield any thing with in the first 20 mins, they we are doomed

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Mutu looks too lightweight, I mean Eboue and Toure are strong defenders, he will have no chance getting pass them...I would play Zalayeta and Trezeguet, and play Zambrotta and Nedved on the wing get some crosses in, which we never did in the first leg...

Mar 6, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
how about giannichedda instead of blashit. And does anyone know a primavera player whose an attacking midfielder that can actually play for us? As olivera looks unlikely im hoping for an unknown player to bring a fresh and challenging approach to the game.
I'm afriad blasi is the lesser of two evils in this case... Giannichedda is dull and quite ineffective at times, while Blasi would at least provide stamina.. something we'd obviously need against the gunners...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Easy on Zlatan guys. he got fuck all service, he tried to be creative cos we were too predictable as always. Just like trez, but no one slags him down.......Ooooooh no!
I agree, i didnt think he was THAT bad! the ball just wouldnt come up to the front2 except on long balls.

We really need an attacking mid to play between midfield and attack because the gap between Zlatan and Emerson/Vieira was huge.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Some points, I'll try to cover everything:

- When I arrived at Highbury, there were about 2000 Juventini. Most of which without tickets. I'm surprised it didn't turn ugly, but most of them decided to watch in local pubs amicably.

- The police made us queue like cattle to get into the away end, never seen anything like it to be honest; a massive rabble of us on one narrow pavement. It was cool when the Ultras made their appearance though, they got us singing and upped our spirits. A couple of Juventini got caught with potential weapons and were arrested, only like 3 or 4 though.

- You'd think I'd be quite depressed coming back from this game, but I wasn't nearly as bad as Werder or even Liverpool last year.
The atmosphere was fantastic in our end, we didn't stop singing regardless of what happened on the pitch. Anyway, the match:

Buffon: Amazing. We couldn't stop praising the man all night, his positioning and reaction saves are second to none.

Zambro: Average. Made his mazy runs, cutbacks inside and powerful runs but not enough. Looked a second off his normal pace getting back.

Zebina: With Zlatan of late, this guy is completely 'inguardabile'. Totally unwatchable, chaos follows him around. He has no idea how to stay composed under pressure, he rushes everything and doesn't really seem to care if his error gifts a lightning fast counter to the Gooners. He wasn't even good enough for Roma, needs to fuck off. That's not my opinion, but one of 1000 Juventini I know for sure.

Canna: Strong, decisive, made important interceptions and tackles all game. Possibly could've done better on Titi's goal. Which for the record, I find pathetic that he reels away and celebrates like he's just bicycle kicked from outside the box, it was a shady slide into an open goal; a player of his 'stature' should really cap his emotions, especially when he played under-par for the whole night - squandering deadballs and being suffocated by our alerted defence. Sure he looked alright considering our 'would be big performers' chokage, but he wasn't Thierry Henry, King of the Premiership.

Thuram: Didn't screw up, there's only so much he and Canna can absorb; Arsenal kept pounding and it gave way a damn few times. I wouldn't blame Lilian though, he played his game.

Vieira: He didn't stamp his authority on this game, much like the majority of this season. He didn't rise to the occasion unfortunately and just gave glimpses of what the Arsenal supporters once cherished; a couple of raking tackles to perfection should be noted. I was disgusted with the home fans screaming 'WHO ARE YA' at him once booked, even more so before the game when he arrived as a guy next to me brandished tomatoes (a policeman cottoned on somehow before he could) and EVEN MORE SO after the game boarding the coach as when he simply acknowledged with a wave and got on, he was greeted with boos then a chant of 'VIEIRA, WHOA OHH, HE PLAYS IN BLACK N WHITE, HIS TEAM IS FUCKING SHITE'. Such a warm welcome, I can tell the Gooners really love their 'Fantastique 4'. Pffff.

Emerson: Best midfield player all season, maybe even best player full stop. Though like Vieira wasn't aggressive enough and played the ball in the air far too much.

Camo: Didn't see much of him 'til he was sent off. When he was he decided to clap and wave to the mocking home supporters, the collective reaction in our end was that he deserved it but it wasn't until after that I was angry with him, I'll get to that.

Mutu: I think a few of you were harsh on Adrian. He was up there with our hardest working players on the night, he was one of the marginal few that actually ran, and run he did - not giving up on stray balls and if not for Zlatan's poor decision-making, could've carved out a few chances. He went missing in patches though, especially after we conceded but still worked hard.

Trez: Can't say he had a bad game really, did he touch the ball inside the area? Well, if you know who Trez is then you know where I'm coming from.

Zlatan: The man has lost my respect. I still stand by the fact he's our best individual talent, but man does he take liberties. He was lazy, indecisive, sluggish and NEVER EVER released the ball at the correct moment, always too soon or too late. He looks ordinary and that's my main concern, I don't feel that he can beat a man at this level any longer and it scares me and should scare him about his future at Juventus. The Juventini looked away, head in hands, swore more at him than Zebina.

cont.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Couple more points, sorry to bore you but I've already shared most of this in Italian (though restrictively) last night.
After the game, I waited by the players exit for the Juve players. Though the majority were glum, there were a couple of things that bothered me/I'd like to note.

- Camo was laughing his arse off on the coach with the other players, Zlatan seemed to enjoy the amusement with him. Olivera and Trez on the other side of the 'conversation' seemed unamused. This really hit hard with me anyway.

- Vieira snubbed the Arsenal fans as mentioned, and I was glad of it. They treated him like shit to be honest, I'll bet ITV didn't convey that message with their footage.

- After the game, Gus from Eastenders tore past the Juventus fans with a flag wrapped around him singing 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, YER HAVIN A LAUGH'. I told him, no shit either, 'Fuck off Gus' and he shot me a look, that was one of the highlights.

Speaking of highlights, as I said before I wasn't even that badly affected by the scoreline, for one I was happy me didn't concede 3 or 4, as that was very likely given our 9 men on the field at the end, but a couple of things happened (one being the Gus incident) that cheered me up. Another was Trez acknowledging me over a dozen Arsenal fans screaming 'TREZEGUET', a quick rendition of 'NOI VOGLIAMO QUESTA VITTORIA' saw him flash me a thumbs up. I thought that was a nice gesture. I have photos 'n stuff anyway.
But the thing that made it all worthwhile, and would've healed the wounds even if we'd have been hammered 4-0 was what happened when I was catching the Tube to Kings Cross.
I looked beside me and Didier De'fucking'champs was stood there reading the match programme. I had a brief chat with him, he stressed there's still a chance for us, got a photo with him and shook his hand. Was fucking surreal.

So anyway, if Didier believes so do I, 2-0 at home. Zala to score in extra time. Forza Juve.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Were either gonna play 4-4-2 Or 3-5-2.

3 centre halfs (Thuram,Canna,Kovac)
Zambrotta and Chiellini wing backs
AND SOMEONE BEHIND THE STRIKERS....................... Dam you capello we got no one. buy someone.

Nedved!!!! your the key.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Agree with the formation but it would be disastrous to put mutu on the flanks again. I would say he belongs up front. Hmm maybe in zlatans pace. (In saying that mutu will once again come across eboue.. and we dont need that)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
God, how I missed the midfield duo of Davids and Zidane last night ! only if they were 5 years younger and still in a black and white shirt :(

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Pete said:
Couple more points, sorry to bore you but I've already shared most of this in Italian (though restrictively) last night.
After the game, I waited by the players exit for the Juve players. Though the majority were glum, there were a couple of things that bothered me/I'd like to note.

- Camo was laughing his arse off on the coach with the other players, Zlatan seemed to enjoy the amusement with him. Olivera and Trez on the other side of the 'conversation' seemed unamused. This really hit hard with me anyway.

- Vieira snubbed the Arsenal fans as mentioned, and I was glad of it. They treated him like shit to be honest, I'll bet ITV didn't convey that message with their footage.

- After the game, Gus from Eastenders tore past the Juventus fans with a flag wrapped around him singing 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, YER HAVIN A LAUGH'. I told him, no shit either, 'Fuck off Gus' and he shot me a look, that was one of the highlights.

Speaking of highlights, as I said before I wasn't even that badly affected by the scoreline, for one I was happy me didn't concede 3 or 4, as that was very likely given our 9 men on the field at the end, but a couple of things happened (one being the Gus incident) that cheered me up. Another was Trez acknowledging me over a dozen Arsenal fans screaming 'TREZEGUET', a quick rendition of 'NOI VOGLIAMO QUESTA VITTORIA' saw him flash me a thumbs up. I thought that was a nice gesture. I have photos 'n stuff anyway.
But the thing that made it all worthwhile, and would've healed the wounds even if we'd have been hammered 4-0 was what happened when I was catching the Tube to Kings Cross.
I looked beside me and Didier De'fucking'champs was stood there reading the match programme. I had a brief chat with him, he stressed there's still a chance for us, got a photo with him and shook his hand. Was fucking surreal.

So anyway, if Didier believes so do I, 2-0 at home. Zala to score in extra time. Forza Juve.
Love the optimism I hope your right. And what a day of celebritys at one point I though your a reporter. As for the gus incident, thats it! im boycotting eastenders and will be hoping to see him face to face one day grrr

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
swag said:
I'm not so sure a few player choices would have really made a difference in the end. Seeing as how we approached the second leg against Bremen, and seeing our tactics in that match, told me everything I needed to know about how much this club deserved to advance in the CL.

If only Reinke held on to the ball so we could put a glaring light on all this.
The result may have been the same, but I believe our performance would have been better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Trezeguet needs a support striker, he needs wingers to cross for him and midfielders to feed him balls. All three were absent. Personally, I don't blame him. If Capello wanted to keep the same tactics, he should have removed Zlatan and let Mutu play upfront, at least that way, Trezeguet would have had a support striker.

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
Pete said:

i only blame capello for this carelessness, he brought that on him self, i guess now he lost the respect of the whole team, i just hope we don't lose the seria A.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
how about giannichedda instead of blashit. And does anyone know a primavera player whose an attacking midfielder that can actually play for us? As olivera looks unlikely im hoping for an unknown player to bring a fresh and challenging approach to the game.
:disagree: WTF, at least he was gonna run all the time.. Blasi is not to blame and please stay respectful to him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)