[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
northbank said:
I'm a strong believer in playing your best players in their best position. Otherwise you risk weakening two areas instead of just the one. Only my opinion.
zambro is expierenced and has played as lb as rb so he knows what he has to do.

lets take another example. William Gallas, he plays in both sides for chelsea, depends on other defenders injures, and his one of the canditates for chelsea player of the year. his performances have been good regularly. you are a arsenal fan, so i guess you watch epl and have seen chelsea.

Some players can play differant positions if needed.

lets take another example, henry is taking your team freekicks, but is that really good? when you had viera he took them. henry should be the target man who waits for those freekicks, to head or kick them in to the goal. but now he has to take them. and he even takes the long distance ones, atleast in CL i have seen that.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Ucklo83 said:
Dudes this is not even funny. I am so nervous that its sick. I cannot even watch the game tonight. I have already puked twice. And on top of that i had a nightmare that Arsenal won the game by 4 goals. Jesus i cant take this Champions League.
We will do it man,me too I cant stand to watch this game but I have a good feeling,FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
northbank said:
I'm a strong believer in playing your best players in their best position. Otherwise you risk weakening two areas instead of just the one. Only my opinion.
Actually, Zambrotta plays great at RB as well, and he's naturally right footed. If Zebina, the usual RB choice is out, the best choice by far would be playing Zambrotta there and Chiellini/Balzaretti at LB (both are lefties), instead of having to play 35 year old Pessotto at Right back.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Stephan said:
zambro is expierenced and has played as lb as rb so he knows what he has to do.

lets take another example. William Gallas, he plays in both sides for chelsea, depends on other defenders injures, and his one of the canditates for chelsea player of the year. his performances have been good regularly. you are a arsenal fan, so i guess you watch epl and have seen chelsea.

Some players can play differant positions if needed.

lets take another example, henry is taking your team freekicks, but is that really good? when you had viera he took them. henry should be the target man who waits for those freekicks, to head or kick them in to the goal. but now he has to take them. and he even takes the long distance ones, atleast in CL i have seen that.
And yet by playing gallas at full back Chelsea weaken their central defence; they compensate by playing Makelele in the deep defensive role. All players can play different positions but all players have a best positon too.

Vieira never took free-kicks. It was Bergkamp before Henry (who starting taking them 3 years ago) and if you think Henry should be the target man then you haven't seen him play enough.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
THE CHAMPIONS said:
hehehehe!No, I meant I am so Fuckin nerous! the game is in 2 hours & a half right?
it starts about 2 hours and 20 minutes later. (21:45 or 20:45, depends on your time zone). 2 hours and 20 minutes left! from this point!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
northbank said:
And yet by playing gallas at full back Chelsea weaken their central defence; they compensate by playing Makelele in the deep defensive role. All players can play different positions but all players have a best positon too.

Vieira never took free-kicks. It was Bergkamp before Henry (who starting taking them 3 years ago) and if you think Henry should be the target man then you haven't seen him play enough.
as i said, i didnt understand, why henry takes the long freekicks, he has the class to score from closerange ones, but why he takes the long ones? even if ljungberg and pires play.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Stephan said:
as i said, i didnt understand, why henry takes the long freekicks, he has the class to score from closerange ones, but why he takes the long ones? even if ljungberg and pires play.
Because he can't head the ball and he doesn't like playing in the box (as weird as that sounds for a striker).

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Arsenal.com

Focus: Will size matter at Highbury?

By Chris Harris

Pop into your local bookmaker today and you'll see that Juventus are an outside bet to win at Highbury this evening. Yes, that's the same Juventus who strolled to the Serie A title last year, are eight points clear this season and have a plentiful supply of world-class talent and big-match experience at their disposal.

Arsène Wenger will not take Juventus as lightly as the oddsmakers seem to be. But while he searches for a way to win without Campbell, Ljungberg, Cole and company, there are two big names he won't have to plan for tonight - Pavel Nedved and Alessandro del Piero.

The Czech playmaker is suspended and the Italian striker was injured during the Bianconeri's 1-1 draw with Roma at the weekend. Both add creativity to a well-oiled Juve machine and both would have featured tonight. With Nedved and Del Piero back in Turin, coach Fabio Capello has a tactical dilemma to solve.

"Nedved and Del Piero would have given Juventus more options going forward so it now comes down to whether Capello wants to have a more attacking team in the first leg or go a bit more defensive," says Gabriele Marcotti of Corriere dello Sport.

"If he goes for an attacking line-up then Adrian Mutu will play wide on the left. If he chooses a more conservative formation, Giorgio Chiellini could play on the left flank. He is a bit raw and normally plays at left back, but he might go into midfield to add some physical presence if Wenger opts for five across the middle.

"The other option is to play Chiellini at left back and move Gianluca Zambrotta to the right to help contain Thierry Henry, as he likes to drift out to those areas."

Predictably, the return of Patrick Vieira has dominated the build-up to the first leg. However, if can you get past those headlines, tonight's game has the makings of an intriguing tactical battle. Marcotti can see reasons for both managers to be cheerful.

"Wenger will have watched Juve's game on Saturday and he would have seen the parallel between his side and Roma. Roma had their three main strikers injured so they played with a number of attacking midfielders and no real reference point up front. Their tactics were similar to Arsenal's against Real Madrid.

"Roma's approach caused a lot of problems for Juventus because their defenders were not marking anyone. The temptation was to step forward into midfield - where Juve were outnumbered - but then they left space in behind, and that's something Thierry Henry would exploit if Juve did it again.

"The flip side is that the teams who have created problems for Arsenal this season - like Bolton - have big, physical strikers. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet are big men and very good in the air. With Vieira forward for set pieces and Emerson also very good in the air, Juventus should cause problems.

"The other factor is the big difference in the age and maturity of the Arsenal and Juventus players. Arsenal are in transition and have a team which will improve over time while Juventus are at their peak now. That might well influence the outcome over two legs."

Mar 19, 2006
Well..i hope Juve fans are ready for a tough night! the Arsenal boys are ready, primed and fresh.

It will be nice to see patrick back on his belloved highbury turf again but once that whistle goes the sentiment will go out of the window.

Im so confident..i just dont see Juve beating us over 2 legs. No disrespect because Juve are one fo the best teams in world football..no question. Hoever there are just some teams which cause problems for others and quite frankly we have the resources to destroy the Old Lady tonight and finishe her off next week.

No Ljungberg tonight which is a shame as he was finally coming into some form at last. But not to worry, Hleb is an absolute tracking missile when he runs with the ball..he wil play presumably with reyes on the left wing and Van Persie [or Pires] in the hole [if pires] or alongside henry [if RvP].

I cant wait for the match..2 european heavyweights going at it..Juve are more compact than real..but just as susceptable to our pace and breathtaking speed/movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)