[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
tassard said:
Against the best defence in the world???If your team was so good as you say, you would not be 5th in premiership

GUYS, GUYS! Saying this kind of things brings bad luck! (nothing against you, tassard, it's just that I feel bad luck coming in waves when I read posts like this one :scared: :wink: )

So, stop it! (For my peace of mind, at least :angel2: )

Buy on AliExpress.com

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
northbank said:
He said Henry; not the team.

Most importantly, we have a new team and a new system which we are learning; that's caused us to suffer at certain times in the league.

We have 6 clean sheets in a row in europe and as you guys should fully appreciate, league and cup form are two very different things.
You are right about the league and cup form.But your clean sheets are against not so strong teams(except Real maybe)

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Eire said:
ahh northbank henry is class he of course is the arsenal player juve and i fear most especailly when he is in the mood to perform as on these big european nights.

but in terms of quality and overall team strenght be it in different areas for both teams there is not much between these teams except for what vieira has said juve will just have that greater desire to win and put their bodies on the line to do it
Wouldn't disagree, I haven't once said anything like we are going to destroy you or anything similar. I think in my first post here I expressed those same sentiments that you have above.

I was just pointing out the Henry thing in relation to comments that he won't get space at Highbury. To me that suggested that many here haven't seen him for us over the last year or two.

Anyway, we'll all know the answer in a few hours (I can't wait!!).

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
what time will the offical starting line ups be announced.

juve have to learn from the liverpool experience last year at anfield and remember to actually come out and play and not sit back in the first half an hour and allow arsenal to pin them back and dominate play.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
isha00 said:
GUYS, GUYS! Saying this kind of things brings bad luck! (nothing against you, tassard, it's just that I feel bad luck coming in waves when I read posts like this one :scared: :wink: )

So, stop it! (For my peace of mind, at least :angel2: )
Oh, ok.I don't want to jinx the match:)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
NYJuve said:
This is a cheap comment.
Take a look at the game.
And let's be fair.
Didn't seem cheap when you used it as proof for Zlatan's "assists" now was it?? It seems that you already maken up ur mind about me because of my signature. But hey trust me I am the first one that wants Zlatan to prove me wrong! I would scream at the top of my lung if he excelled today and scored, I really do want to prove me wrong! But till this day he failed to impress me, I quite honestly don't really see where is all the hype. Some might say that CapeLOL (Thanx Vinnie;)) is using him in the wrong way, but hey Nedved, DP, Mutu, Zambro among others are used in positions that are not their original positions, yet they are to some extent delivering!

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I wonder if Arsenal fans turn against each other as well. This is ridiculuous!

We're acting like the italian press. Criticizing the very players who give us pride and joy.

This is a serious psychological problem.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
northbank, wenger has pointed out that viera might not perform to his best due to the emotional nature of his return to highbury, but do you worry that a young player like fabregas who respects vieira so much might be intimidated by his presence in the opposition midfield and not perform to his recent standards

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
tassard said:
You are right about the league and cup form.But your clean sheets are against not so strong teams(except Real maybe)
You can only keep a clean sheet against the teams you play. It's quite an achievement considering the defensive injuries we have suffered this year. we have had the equivalent of Zambrotta and Cannavro (plus their back-up's!!) missing for most of the season.

Of course Juve are better than Madrid; but before we beat them they were the form team in Spain and everybody expected us to be destroyed. As it stood we kept two clean-sheets with a CM at left back and an average defensive age of 22.

Offensively we are great though, so we'll see what happens this evening.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Eire said:
northbank, wenger has pointed out that viera might not perform to his best due to the emotional nature of his return to highbury, but do you worry that a young player like fabregas who respects vieira so much might be intimidated by his presence in the opposition midfield and not perform to his recent standards
this will be a very big night for fabregas, coming up against his former team mate, and i agree he may be intimidated by that

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Eire said:
To be honest, I'm not worried about Cesc in the slightest, he's never phased by anything. Remember the Cesc chant after his first team debut;

"he's only 17, he's better than Roy keane". He wasn't scared then and he won't be tonight.

His biggest test was going back to the Bernabeau; there were suggestions that he isn't good enough to play in la liga and he pretty much shoved those down their throats.

I'd be more worried about the reactions of players like Gilberto and Pires to playing against Paddy. I'm hoping that it won't affect their focus but if it does we could be in trouble as Gilberto's performance in his defensive role could shape the tie from our point of view.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i hope for a strong ref who will not start flashing cards around for little things but clamps down on bad tackels.

for once just hope the ref shows some common sense

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
Eire said:
sort of off topic see figo is ruled out of the inter game with injury, so what do you guys think of villareals chances
I think Villareal have a very good chance against them and I'm quite surprised to see that Inter are so heavily backed as favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)