Ciro Ferrara (2 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
When the Juve fans feel as bad as the day we were pushed to Serie B and the CL final defeat against Milan, something has to happen. This is even worse than anything we have seen under Ranieri. He was not ready for the task. It was a mistake. If he wants to go out with his head held high, he should resign and tell the truth. He should tell the world, that he couldn't find the right formation, that he was not ready and way to inexperienced.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I'm going to defend Ciro's choices tactically here but this lack of spirit and defeated attitude I cannot.

First the tactics. Got his starting eleven right and even the DP-poulsen sub makes a bit of sense because they were getting a lot of looks from infront of the box with the spaces next to melo. Marchi and camo were always drifting wide, so we needed someone to close down more. I would've brought on Gio before amauri but that didn't change much anyway.

The second part is about attitude. Red mentioned how these big, high pressure games sort out the big guns from the not so big ones. This game gave me all the indication about it and the fact that we couldn't show the desire shown in the Inter game after they drew, shows how weak this team really is. We were playing a team that gets knocked around in the Bundesliga week in week out (not much recently but still). And we couldn't sustain more than 15-20mins of attack on them.
The players looked down and out after that second goal with only a selected few who still believed and fought. Ciro has to take the blame for that and he needs to fix this soon. We said it after the Calgiari game and here we are again.

I really don't know what to do in regards to firing him or keeping him. That game was a huge kick in the teeth

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
dude we cant sack him with no viable option as a replacement, hiddink is all well and good but we need long term hiddink is not that.

Mar 10, 2009
dude we cant sack him with no viable option as a replacement, hiddink is all well and good but we need long term hiddink is not that.

jeeze anyone is better than ferrera, we need to a short term plan before we can start looking at the long term. When we started we were miles ahead of AC Milan in the league, now there ahead of us, and roman are just 6 points behind.

We could well finish outside the top 4 this season, that's if 4th spot menas anything anymore now that the Germans have caught up

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Get Hiddink, keep Ferrara as assistant and let him learn from him and when Hiddink leaves we have a brainwashed Ferrara who can continue Hiddinks work :snoop:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I never hated someone I loved so much before. Damn you Ferrara. Damn you!
Same here, I don't hate him for his ideas or tactics, but because he is still our manager. I always thought he is a true Juventus warrior, I was wrong, he is a fucking clown, if he cared for this club, he wouldn't stay there for a second..

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
jeeze anyone is better than ferrera, we need to a short term plan before we can start looking at the long term. When we started we were miles ahead of AC Milan in the league, now there ahead of us, and roman are just 6 points behind.

We could well finish outside the top 4 this season, that's if 4th spot menas anything anymore now that the Germans have caught up
Get Hiddink, keep Ferrara as assistant and let him learn from him and when Hiddink leaves we have a brainwashed Ferrara who can continue Hiddinks work :snoop:
what makes you people think hiddink wants to come????

secondly can we afford his wages????

if there is no other viable option whats the point of firing shit to aquire shit or at best a tad better?

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I'm going to defend Ciro's choices tactically here but this lack of spirit and defeated attitude I cannot.

First the tactics. Got his starting eleven right and even the DP-poulsen sub makes a bit of sense because they were getting a lot of looks from infront of the box with the spaces next to melo. Marchi and camo were always drifting wide, so we needed someone to close down more. I would've brought on Gio before amauri but that didn't change much anyway.
I thought the sub wasn't all too bad myself. We absolutely needed to do something to stabilize midfield, but he should have played Camoranesi-Poulsen-Melo-Marchisio in a straight 4-4-2 and let Diego take over DP's spot in attack next to Trez (or call it a 4-4-1-1 if that makes you feel better). Instead from what I gathered he opted for some awkward formation with Diego on the left and Trez isolated up front.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
jeeze anyone is better than ferrera
I read this sentence a lot on this forum a few months ago. Except that Ferrara was replaced with Ranieri back then.

I honestly don't know what to do right now.

Some people blame Ciro's relationship with the players, saying he's more of a friend than a coach. I find it hard to believe that this leads to such dire performances, but who knows.

As for the talk about replacements: I'd rather not have Mancini here. Regardless of his qualities, he is an "Inter person", which means that 1, or at the most 2 bad performances would see him getting a shitload of (possibly unwarranted) criticism. Both fans & press would immediately call for his head, making it impossible for him to do his job.

Hiddink is probably not interested anyway, and I feel he would be nothing more than a short term solution. That's not helping us in the long run.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Never forget that no leader has ever become great without audacity. If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles

That's the last I'll say on the subject.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I read this sentence a lot on this forum a few months ago. Except that Ferrara was replaced with Ranieri back then.

I honestly don't know what to do right now.

Some people blame Ciro's relationship with the players, saying he's more of a friend than a coach. I find it hard to believe that this leads to such dire performances, but who knows.
Thats only part of the problem. But it "helps" to make it bigger.

We dont know how Ciro judges his squad. If certain players arent 100% and still play.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i like how everyone's immediate solution to our problem/situation is firing the head coach. :sergio:

are fans here that reactionary and that dumb?

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
i like how everyone's immediate solution to our problem/situation is firing the head coach. :sergio:

are fans here that reactionary and that dumb?
You can't really say that you have confidence in Ciro though. We don't have the players we need to make these formations work which no doubt makes his job harder. But there has to be a point where we can actually see improvement. It's just not there.

Look at Leonardo and Milan. Unproven just like Ciro. Started off terribly, yet slowly and gradually improved. With Ciro we have yet to see any improvement at all. People being to loose patience.

I personally think we should give him the whole season if he can make it that far. We need continuity and firing him isn't going to conjure any miracles.

Mar 10, 2009
BTW If worse comes to worse can't we go for Sven ? Didn't win the league with Lazio ?

Obviously have hiddink first choice, but if I don't hink Sven will be a bad choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)