Ciro Ferrara (3 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You can't really say that you have confidence in Ciro though. We don't have the players we need to make these formations work which no doubt makes his job harder. But there has to be a point where we can actually see improvement. It's just not there.

Look at Leonardo and Milan. Unproven just like Ciro. Started off terribly, yet slowly and gradually improved. With Ciro we have yet to see any improvement at all. People being to loose patience.

I personally think we should give him the whole season if he can make it that far. We need continuity and firing him isn't going to conjure any miracles.
that is exactly my point. firing him will not solve our problems. we have personnel issues which need to be addressed before we can fire/hire anyone.

i'm not defending Ciro by any means. i don't believe he is doing a very good job but then again he's probably doing the best he can at the moment.

the guy can coach his ass off but if the players don't play up to their potential then there is nothing he can do about it. he can't be held accountable for making the players care.

a coaches job is to prepare his players and put his players in the best position to win. but in our case i think the blame can be attributed to both the players and the coaching staff

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what is the point with "we do not have the personell to play that formation" ?

i bet other coaches would adjust the fuckin formation to fit the players and not try 3 different formations that all do fail over and over again. does he think that it will work if he just switches often enoughth between the 3 formations it will work someday?

its not about losing against bayern its about having way better player material than 80% of serie a but still losing to teams that are so weak, that their whole squad does not earn what one player of ours does earn.

lets get a mediocre serie a coach that does ok with some bari or cagliari-side and you will see, that we wont fucking loose against teams that are on the 10th place of the league or something.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
what is the point with "we do not have the personell to play that formation" ?

i bet other coaches would adjust the fuckin formation to fit the players and not try 3 different formations that all do fail over and over again. does he think that it will work if he just switches often enoughth between the 3 formations it will work someday?

its not about losing against bayern its about having way better player material than 80% of serie a but still losing to teams that are so weak, that their whole squad does not earn what one player of ours does earn.

lets get a mediocre serie a coach that does ok with some bari or cagliari-side and you will see, that we wont fucking loose against teams that are on the 10th place of the league or something.
thats what pisses me of the most: ciro keeps on changing his formation. in some games we played with 3-4 differnet formations. in some his "panic" cost us the game. ciro is simply not yet a manager. or net yet a manager, to train those available players.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I'd still stick with him till the end of the season. After all, we have no better options left and what's the use of kicking him out rite now when we're already out of CL.

Let him have his time and we'll reconsider everything by the end of this season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
but who are we supposed to replace him with at the end of the season?

and don't name overrated serie A coaches like prandelli and such

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
People tend to forget pretty fast but we were "horrible" absalutely horrible in the last 2 months before Ranieri was fired. Rememeber the 3-3 joke against Chievo or the 2-2 against reggina and lecce.

One can always blame the coach whenever things isn't right but what about the management.

We signed almiron, tiago, poulsen, melo, sissoko, necerino, Ekdal all of them are either CM or DM (most of them didn't even have any impact in this team) 7 midfielders costing the club around 71 mil euros. On the other hand, we've signed Andrade (an injury prone defender that everyone knew about he's problems), Stendardo (who :shifty: ), molinaro :wallbang:, Salihamidzic, Grygera, mellberg, Caceres (unwanted by barca) Cannavaro and grosso (ask someone like fred about their horrible forms with their previous clubs) 9 defenders costing the club around 14 million !!

Take away Andrade and we'll have a defensive backline that costs the club around 5 million euros !! Seriously if you blame Ferrara alone for the joke that we're in then you're having some of this :burke: .
So who do you think that ask for Melo. Was it Ferrara? Or who ask for Grosso?
I don't think Secco decide this alone. If Ferrara decide to use the money used for buying Melo on buying RB and LB, won't Secco do it..?

For Almiron and Tiago, it just stupid buy by Ranieri. Tiago used to play in 3 man midfield in Chelsea and Lyon, Almiron is no good other than his goal scoring record from long distance

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I feel its ciro who is overrated here.
how so?

who rated Ciro so highly?

we all sang his praises when he replaced CR at the end of last season but we all took a step back and did not fully jump on the bandwagon.

and i would honestly doubt that the media would rate a rookie coach so highly coming into his first full season on the job

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

I'd like to have a coach like Blanc. But I'm hopeless with this management because they don't like to deal with a coach who has his own opinions.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
You know Dru i dont get quite your logic here. Last year you criticized Ranieri, who looking back now, did better in Europe. Now you want to stick with Ciro because of the "no one is good enough".

I see it this way:

1. The team has failed to deliver in Europe, after spending big. Sounds like a failure to me. Who gets sacked when the result doesnt come, looking around, in the end its always the coach. Its time to put the Juve-bias behind now. Ciro is a coach like any other right now. (i am not asking for sack, but i feel he deserves more criticism than players)

2. I am worried that Ciro will loose respect in terms as a coach. Players see that its not working, they realize Ciro doesnt quite have the clue and so on. This can potentially get quite ugly. I see it already happening with Diego, he has outspoken, saw some training video where players where around Ciro listening him, Diego in the meanwhile was looking around uninterested.

I bet if Ranieri would be coach you would be talking something different right now.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
how so?

who rated Ciro so highly?

we all sang his praises when he replaced CR at the end of last season but we all took a step back and did not fully jump on the bandwagon.

and i would honestly doubt that the media would rate a rookie coach so highly coming into his first full season on the job
No i mean long term here. I give him support and all, but i dont see him becoming a long term success for us, especially if players dont listen him as i see.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Same here, I don't hate him for his ideas or tactics, but because he is still our manager. I always thought he is a true Juventus warrior, I was wrong, he is a fucking clown, if he cared for this club, he wouldn't stay there for a second..
Pathetic.

He's a poor manager, leave it at that, FFS.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What worries me the most is that, ok we stick with Ciro. We improve as the time goes on. (probably f--k up in uefa cup, but no big deal, its a mickey mouse tournament anyway). Get to top 4.

And then comes the question, stick with him or not.

What makes us certain he wont make same mistakes next year?

I can already see it, summer 2010. "Hey lets give him another chances, his a juve legend after all..." The problem is, Ciro doesnt give me any guarantee. He doesnt have the pedigree what would make me think he would deliver next season.

I love Ciro and all, but imo Juve needs a proven coach.

If we cant get anyone in January, then i hope next summer.

Ciro can go on and start getting his experience with mid table italian clubs. And i wish him good luck.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You know Dru i dont get quite your logic here. Last year you criticized Ranieri, who looking back now, did better in Europe. Now you want to stick with Ciro because of the "no one is good enough".

I see it this way:

1. The team has failed to deliver in Europe, after spending big. Sounds like a failure to me. Who gets sacked when the result doesnt come, looking around, in the end its always the coach. Its time to put the Juve-bias behind now. Ciro is a coach like any other right now. (i am not asking for sack, but i feel he deserves more criticism than players)

2. I am worried that Ciro will loose respect in terms as a coach. Players see that its not working, they realize Ciro doesnt quite have the clue and so on. This can potentially get quite ugly. I see it already happening with Diego, he has outspoken, saw some training video where players where around Ciro listening him, Diego in the meanwhile was looking around uninterested.

I bet if Ranieri would be coach you would be talking something different right now.
you are forgetting that Ranieri has been a coach for many years now for many large clubs while this is Ciro's 1st job (and the pressure is unlike anything else).

you are also failing to recognize that Ciro has only been coach for about 8 months or so.

so the combination of his short time here and this being his 1st real head coaching job allows him some leeway. Unlike Ranieri who had more than 2 full seasons to get this thing on the right track. but as juve fans we all expect too much because of how successful our club's history has been. a lot of people expected us to be back on top of the world in a season or 2 after promotion which was completely unrealistic. this club is still reeling from the scandal from top to bottom and switching coaches every 2 years is not the solution.

as juventini, complacency seems to be our downfall

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's easy to blame the manager when there are players like Melo who are clearly vastly underachieving compared to what we know they are capable of.

That said, there's no question that the team has become a group of underperformers under Ferrara. You can probably attribute his post-Ranieri success at the end of last season due to the change in leadership more than anything Ciro brought to the table. What we're witnessing now is that Ciro unfortunately doesn't have the toolkit to consistently raise the level of individual play as part of a cohesive team.

Keeping Ciro is no more than a band-aid until we can line up something better. More and more, I am liking the thoughts of a Guus Hiddink. Sadly, not just because of his track record. But more now because of his track record with historically underachieving, underfunded, undertalented sides.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

Prandelli isn't overrated. I don't wanna say he's WC because he has never managed a big team yet. But hey, Lippi, Ancelotti and a lot of other WC has had a starting career similar or maybe worse than Prandelli. He's a very talented manager who knows how to apply the exact formation that suits his players.

Took charge of Fiorentina when they were fighting for survival and now they are on the top 4 for three years in a row, I guess. With the players at his disposal, a lot of other "WC" managers will fail to shine in CL and will struggle to secure a 4th place.

I dunno, I really believe Prandelli is on the right path to become a great manager. Personally, I'd be happy to see Prandelli at Juve next season. He'll be really eager to start winning something with a big team and I think he'll deliver when given the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)